Thread: Noob Question on Best semi-active Attack race.

Noob Question on Best semi-active Attack race.

Hello, I am wondering what would good race for a player who is not active or does not have access to internet during work.

I was thinking dwarf/sheperd any other better choice?

I might be busy next age so trying to consider options. any insightful tips are appreciated.

Consider dwarf or better, halfling. Their elites can defend quite well, meaning you are pretty much unbreakable when they are home. This will keep you mostly safe from random attacks and plunders. Shepherd is an ok choice if you are worried about people messing up your province, but if you are not active you won't be the primary target for t/m activities and chains etc anyway. So why not choose a personality which actually benefits you, like merchant or sage or cleric or warrior.
    Last edited by Prometheus; 29-10-2011 at 09:17.

Define semi-active. I have been in different situations which could be semi-active (maybe useless in some views). Used to do 1 login a day (when I was younger okay), so never built rax and it allowed me to statically maximise my offence to help out the kd, did fairly good, got chained every now and then otherwise I grew at same rate as heavy attacker in kd, always played a hybrid so I could be more useful to the kd as well. I've also had tight schedules, where I had to ensure my army was in by a certain time otherwise I wouldn't be able to fit in the 2nd unique in war, avian or tactician then fits for that since its also effective when you don't have as much rax.

Any race is fair game apart from UD and Orc who benefit greatly from good activity. Personalities are also fair game but merchant/sage are good choices.
    Tis a dog world out there, eat or be eaten, drink or be drunk.
    Enjoy every minute. There's plenty of time to be dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
    Consider dwarf or better, halfling. Their elites can defend quite well, meaning you are pretty much unbreakable when they are home. This will keep you mostly safe from random attacks and plunders. Shepherd is an ok choice if you are worried about people messing up your province, but if you are not active you won't be the primary target for t/m activities and chains etc anyway. So why not choose a personality which actually benefits you, like merchant or sage or cleric or warrior.
    I would say that Halfling is a good bet for the reason posted about... however I would stay away from sage... I would pick cleric.

human

Post Demon
    If "semi-active" means 1x a day login oow, 2x in war, then almost anything works, though sage is *very* good since you'll probably be pumping sci while oow. Something with QF, oddly enough, will be easier since you won't need any rax to get 2x in war, though you may want 5% to keep the first bit smooth as it fades in, and to give "slack" in the timing later on.

If "semi-active" means only 1 login per day, even while in war... gonna be hard. Human has no speed bonus and could use sage to pump up to huge numbers. Cleric is good defense against chains down in the getto (where I assume you have to play with only 1x in war). Sage, however, again makes use of your long down times between war - just pump as best you can out of a semi-war build, it should be better than most that keep attacking. Also, seriously look at faery sage T/M as well, since the stealth buildup doesn't lose much if only 1 login, and only has a tiny drop in efficiency (ops at high mana/stealth burn more mana/stealth than at lower levels) if you can get a second login in, even if it is close in time.

Edit: elf also fits the bill for a non-QF attacker. The mana bonus is pretty wasted though, and human puts out better army. Orc also fits the no QF slot for a 1x attacker... but if you are using plus gains, you (might) negate the orc gains bonus. And orc econ runs in part on elite credits, which you aren't getting as many of. So, by elimination... back to human. Gonna get a lot of gc stolen, probably need to go A/t or A/T to keep the money, but meh, that's useful anyway probably.
    Last edited by Ethan; 30-10-2011 at 05:19.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Well generally once a day and little bit more active on weekend. sometimes i might be really busy and miss a day or two. I am prefer attacking over mage or thief style plays.
    i am considering avian/cleric what do you think?

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Kr_iS_py80 AKA View Post
    Well generally once a day and little bit more active on weekend. sometimes i might be really busy and miss a day or two. I am prefer attacking over mage or thief style plays.
    i am considering avian/cleric what do you think?

i think you didn't ACTUALLY think about this. you are 'semi-active' and you chose the one race that ALWAYS has an attack speed bonus?

i'd probably say human or dwarf.

Enthusiast
    Orc/Cleric or Warrior is a very good pick for your particular schedule. Don't build Rax and attack when you can be online. You'll be most useful as an Orc attacker. I'd pick Warrior if I were you.

(Orc is designed to be ok will less attacks/day, so I'm quite sure it's the best pick for you. Av is quite the opposite. Designed to be good with good activity.)

Human sage or merchant. Played half age n all I did was turtling n pumping science oow

Thread Information