Thread: last nights US political Debates

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wow, two for two Fates. That's twice I have read what you have to say and found it to be laughable garbage.

My problem with Cain is his views on war. Warmongering pissed me off about Bush, it pisses me off about Obama, and will probably piss me off about whomever our next president is, unless it's Ron Paul, considering that he's the only one who's obviously and openly against it. Then again, I have my own set of issues with him too.

However, sidestepping the war thoughts, Cain is not a bad candidate by any means, especially for a country in a recession. However, business men generally don't do well in elections. Remember Ross Perot?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallowmere View Post
    Wow, two for two Fates. That's twice I have read what you have to say and found it to be laughable garbage.

My problem with Cain is his views on war. Warmongering pissed me off about Bush, it pisses me off about Obama, and will probably piss me off about whomever our next president is, unless it's Ron Paul, considering that he's the only one who's obviously and openly against it. Then again, I have my own set of issues with him too.

However, sidestepping the war thoughts, Cain is not a bad candidate by any means, especially for a country in a recession. However, business men generally don't do well in elections. Remember Ross Perot?
    Wow.... guess I have the same opinion of your comments as you do of mine. Show me 1 example of Obama being a war monger. Give me 1. Can't use Lybia as that was a UN action not a US action and the Arab League asked the UN for the intervention. So please give me another.

Cain wants to limit bills to 3 pages (he doesn't like to read) and He DID compare Foregin Policy to making pizza. You must have missed those comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Fates Warning View Post
    Wow.... guess I have the same opinion of your comments as you do of mine. Show me 1 example of Obama being a war monger. Give me 1. Can't use Lybia as that was a UN action not a US action and the Arab League asked the UN for the intervention. So please give me another.

Cain wants to limit bills to 3 pages (he doesn't like to read) and He DID compare Foregin Policy to making pizza. You must have missed those comments.
    Are you actually serious? First of all, yes Libya can be counted. It can be called UN action all you want, but unless your memory has some serious holes in it, you'll recall that it was Obama and his Secretary of State that made the initial 'declaration of determined regime change', and funny enough, we one of the first ones involved. It doesn't matter if our troops are pulling the trigger while looking at a person, or doing so while looking at a camera feed, it's still bullets paid for by the American taxpayer.

Also, look at all of the troops that have been deployed to Syria. Let's see where that goes. I have seen these kinds of 'diplomacy missions' more than once.

Oh, and about those 'wars' that have been going on for over a decade...just because he didn't start them, doesn't mean he isn't perpetually feeding them. All of that new funding for spec ops training?

You can call it warmongering or trying to be the world police. Either way, it's the same thing, and it's wrong. I am not getting into this all over again in another thread.

As for Cain: 'made an analogy' and 'he thinks' are two very different things. Learn to phrase your comment better if you don't want people to look at you and think 'dumb ass'.

His proposal for reduction of bill size has actually been a long standing goal by anyone seeking limited government. The purpose is to prevent monstrosities like PPACA and the Patriot Act from getting through again. Remember how fast those were rammed through Congress? Notice how large they are, and all of the crap within them that, taken individually, no sane person would vote for?
    "I don't hate you, I'm just removing an enemy..."
    ~~~D. Randall Blythe

Thread Information