Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UF News: K A R M A vs Simians KLA

UF News: K A R M A vs Simians KLA

Simians KLA, being war hungry, decided to look for a fresh target after dropping out of the end of war ceasefire post-Fury war. Spotting Karma in a dice build (high towers/ guilds), Simians felt that it was their duty to relieve Karma of their acres and gc stock. At the time of wave, Simians stated that the wave was meant to either gain them more acres or a war. However, we all know about how the best intentions may not always go as planned. A twist is introduced to this story at this point: according to sources, Simians had informed a third party that they were about to wave Hall of Heroes. This third party had mentioned this fact to Karma, which were surprised to then receive a wave from Simians. Diplomatic talks ensued between the leaders of both kingdoms the moment hits started trickling in from Simians, and Simians' leader assured Karma's leader that the wave would be called off immediately. However, this did not happen as other leaders of Simians disagreed with Anri's diplomatic talks and felt that Karma was ripe for harvesting.

Karma retaliated the wave with some hits of their own, as their speed advantage meant they would beat Simians' armies back home. Converting into war build, they sat tight for the next max-gain wave by Simians, and granted Simians their wish by pressing the war button after this and sending them an emerald dragon.
    May 11 of YR2 K A R M A hostile has declared WAR with our kingdom!
    May 11 of YR2 A Emerald Dragon from K A R M A hostile has begun ravaging our lands!

The war began with semi chains on Karma's side having several large provinces that were close to being out of range of Simians, they aimed to take acres off Simians' top provinces and fund their large provinces to unbreakable status. Karma claims that despite having the +15% combat losses due to the Emerald dragon and pitfalls/BG, the cleric personality that most of Simians' orcs sported provided them with an advantage as defence was very stable even after being hit 5 times or so.

Simians opted for deep chains, however they state that this proved to be ineffective, as Karma managed to chain one or two of Simians' provinces so that Karma's chained provinces could multitap them. Simians also sent a drake to Karma the first day after war started, which was killed in 2 hours.
    June 12 of YR2 A Emerald Dragon from Simians WAR has begun ravaging our lands!
    June 14 of YR2 become contested We has slain the dragon ravaging our lands!

Karma's bid to outgrow Simians worked, as Karma played a mean econ war with merchants and 24/7 riots & greed on Simians' provinces. Simians had the edge on offense as they were able to hit Karma army-in, and Karma's constant army in-out as Avians meant their offense slowly wore down as war went on whereas Simians had no issues with elite training as clerics. Karma's strategy at growing their big provinces out of networth and offense range of Simians' heavy offense orcs paid off however, as well as their effective t/m ops, as Simians stated that it soon became an issue to retrain defence. Gains tapered off quickly for Karma, as 1/3 of their kingdoms grew out of range of Simians's provinces and their attacks no longer took from Simians' explore pool, as it had been drained by the large number of attacks from Karma.

This led to a stalemate situation according to Simians. When Simians' orcs sent out on multitaps (being clerics, they were able to hit once more as they had an extra general), they got multi tapped in return by Karma's biggies. This was compounded by their inability to retrain defence. However, Karma could not afford to oversend, as this would open up their previously out of range provinces to being chained in range of Simians, according to Simians. Talks to end the war proved futile, as max-gain acre exchanges did not seem to benefit any particular kingdom and carrying on the war in this manner would not result in a satisfactory outcome for either kingdom.

Karma states that an ultimatum was implied, where Simians subtly hinted they were willing to war for as long as required. This offended Karma, as their ability to outgain orcs in war and control the top dictated that the war win would go to them, however they did not want to carry on warring Simians, who refused to withdraw citing the fact that they would be able to draw out the war for an extended period of time.

There was a dispute with regards to true gains at the point in time, which was still not resolved in talks for the article. The war ended in a mutual peace agreement.
    January 20 of YR3 Simians WAR has accepted our offer of Peace. The people celebrate the end of our War!

Comments
    Monarch of K A R M A
    Thx for the war Simians, was a fun war. Sad we were so unprepped but I'm sure there'll be a rematch
    Thx to the crew for doing some kick ass activity - you rock

Jevouse, Council of Simians
    Was a great test of activity, thanks to karma and co. for providing entertaining war, and lulz @ Anri

Hostile Summaries for the period of April 19 of YR2 to May 10 of YR2 (16 hours)

** Hostile Summary from K A R M A **
    Total Attacks Made: 22 (3783 acres)
    -- Traditional March: 21 (3645 acres)
    -- Ambush: 1 (138 acres)
    Total Attacks Suffered: 42 (8350 acres)
    -- Traditional March: 39 (8073 acres)
    -- Ambush: 3 (277 acres)

** Hostile Summary from Simians **
    Total Attacks Made: 41 (8284 acres)
    -- Traditional March: 38 (8007 acres)
    -- Ambush: 3 (277 acres)
    Total Attacks Suffered: 22 (3783 acres)
    -- Traditional March: 21 (3645 acres)
    -- Ambush: 1 (138 acres)

War Summaries for the period of May 11 of YR2 to January 19 of YR3 (81 hours)

** War Summary from K A R M A **
    Total Attacks Made: 446 (45207 acres)
    -- Traditional March: 424 (44593 acres)
    -- Ambush: 9 (614 acres)
    -- Failed Attacks: 13 (2.9% failure)
    Total Attacks Suffered: 390 (38546 acres)
    -- Traditional March: 354 (36339 acres)
    -- Ambush: 29 (2207 acres)
    -- Failed Attacks: 7 (1.8% failure)

** War Summary from Simians **
    Total Attacks Made: 390 (42025 acres)
    -- Traditional March: 354 (39818 acres)
    -- Ambush: 29 (2207 acres)
    -- Failed Attacks: 7 (1.8% failure)
    Total Attacks Suffered: 446 (41810 acres)
    -- Traditional March: 424 (41196 acres)
    -- Ambush: 9 (614 acres)
    -- Failed Attacks: 13 (2.9% failure)

Last edited by clarey; 27-11-2011 at 15:53.
    Utopian 5 Sept 2005 - 5 Sept 2013

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I like the show text boxes. Very savvy lol

Anri won this won ...

Odd of Absalom

Beastblood is #oddplay

˙ppo ǝɹɐ noʎ
    #odd
    Odd is a three-edged sword.
    ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

Post Demon
    One paper shows +/- 215 acres, another over 6k land swing.

Odd...

of course anri and simians never loses

Veteran
    everybody's a winner in this war

Enthusiast
    good article - thanks for the coverage.

Good war Karma.

We would not do mutual peace if both sides did not respect each other as worthy opponents without any clear winner.
    Both sides could have dragged this on forever.

Orc vs Avian KD was really interesting. Great activity on both sides..
    Thanks for a great war!

Karma + Simians FTW! watch out all!!! Were on fire!!
    Last edited by Anri; 28-11-2011 at 07:57. Reason: Loc
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Also: True story, i mixed up Karma and HoH. I did think we were waving HoH until Shalrin from Karma came too talk with me. lol

I will wear the nubhat for the rest of the age for this one =D
    Last edited by Anri; 28-11-2011 at 07:58.
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Anri View Post
    ^^someone put it in their sig...

Nice detailed article.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    ^^someone put it in their sig...
    I look pretty gangsta in the noobhat
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Regular
    simian has improved..
    getting 2 wars at the top 10 less than 1 months and hasn't lost..

that's hawt.. thumbs up..

Forget: nice article Clarey..

Quote Originally Posted by Anri View Post
    Also: True story, i mixed up Karma and HoH. I did think we were waving HoH until Shalrin from Karma came too talk with me. lol

just this age? i don't think you've ever removed your nubhat period

Post Fiend
    The Kingdom of K A R M A: +6661 acres
    The Kingdom of Simians: +215 acres

I've made a couple posts about this in the suggestions forums but still no changes yet. WTF!

Please change it so both Kingdom's News Page displays the correct, actual amount of acres exchanged during war.

There is no reason for these numbers to be different, it's a nub bug that any decent programmer would have changed by now.

Thread Information