Thread: New Anticheat Measure Going Live Today

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    If you and your partner/wife/husband/boyfriend/etc both play Utopia, wouldn't it make sense that you'd both want to play in the same kingdom so you can help each other? (just like friends on different sides of an ocean can help each other's province) I think that many couples will quit if they are no longer able to play effectively in the same kingdom.

loki EQ's comment about NM is a very good argument. The introduction of changes to the rules (as enforced by the server) in the middle of an age doesn't just disrupt his kingdom's strategy. Bishop, you have played in organised kingdoms and should understand what impact this has on kingdoms. Let's say we have a couple in our kingdom who both play A/M. One is tasked with MS coverage (he/she picked mystic) the other (Non-mystic) is in charge of Greed coverage. These changes would severely disrupt the kingdoms plans because they can no longer target a province which was recently targeted by the other. This makes it very undesirable for kingdoms to have couples playing in them.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Quote Originally Posted by Landro View Post
    If you and your partner/wife/husband/boyfriend/etc both play Utopia, wouldn't it make sense that you'd both want to play in the same kingdom so you can help each other? (just like friends on different sides of an ocean can help each other's province) I think that many couples will quit if they are no longer able to play effectively in the same kingdom.

loki EQ's comment about NM is a very good argument. The introduction of changes to the rules (as enforced by the server) in the middle of an age doesn't just disrupt his kingdom's strategy. Bishop, you have played in organised kingdoms and should understand what impact this has on kingdoms. Let's say we have a couple in our kingdom who both play A/M. One is tasked with MS coverage (he/she picked mystic) the other (Non-mystic) is in charge of Greed coverage. These changes would severely disrupt the kingdoms plans because they can no longer target a province which was recently targeted by the other. This makes it very undesirable for kingdoms to have couples playing in them.
    I don't understand how much simpler I can put this. More than one player at one IP/location was a clear unfair ADVANTAGE with 0 balancing aspects, and was open to abuse. This new system still allows you to play together, but without all of the unfair advantages previously allowed. If you don't want to deal with the balancing negatives of it, then that is your decision. Oh yea, and it also prevents MASSIVE CHEATING ON MULTIPLE LEVELS.

I can't comprehend how the lot of you want to allow massive cheating just so a few couples get to keep an unfair ability to log each others account. And if you think that's not happening you are delusional.
    S E C R E T S

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    I don't understand how much simpler I can put this. More than one player at one IP/location was a clear unfair ADVANTAGE with 0 balancing aspects, and was open to abuse. This new system still allows you to play together, but without all of the unfair advantages previously allowed. If you don't want to deal with the balancing negatives of it, then that is your decision. Oh yea, and it also prevents MASSIVE CHEATING ON MULTIPLE LEVELS.
    I do not deny that this has been abused but the new system will make couples a liability to organised kingdoms. That's swinging the balance a bit to extreme to the other side. Perhaps a compromise could be to allow 1 or 2 couples per kingdom.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran
    Do you not understand that this throws a monkey wrench in my kingdom's ability to function effectively? Also, Dharan, condescension is the mark of bad PR. You should take more cues from Bishop. He is pretty good at it.
    Last edited by loki EQ; 02-12-2011 at 16:32.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    I can't comprehend how the lot of you want to allow massive cheating just so a few couples get to keep an unfair ability to log each others account. And if you think that's not happening you are delusional.
    That's not how you run a business, if you can't stop the cheaters without affecting the non-cheaters then you DONT DO ANYTHING. It's a simple business strategy. People are already upset about the cheating, and it does need to be resolved. But hey guess what, THE CHEATING WILL STILL HAPPEN. BUT NOW, you've alienated people that actually play without cheating.

That's a VERY VERY poor business strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran
    fair for all
    I think you really should stop posting, because you're antagonizing me and I am sure you're having the same effect on others. You shouldn't work an angry crowd into even more of a fury. We're incensed enough without working us up further.

Quote Originally Posted by loki EQ View Post
    I think you really should stop posting, because you're antagonizing me and I am sure you're having the same effect on others. You shouldn't work an angry crowd into even more of a fury. We're incensed enough without working us up further.
    Explain how 2 players with the ability to legally xlog was ever fair to non-couples. The funny thing about angry crowds is that they are generally unreasonable and irrational.
    S E C R E T S

Thread Information