Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to do when a big Explorer defects into your kingdom?

What to do when a big Explorer defects into your kingdom?

So the story is an explorer defected into our kingdom shortly after a war. He is about 1k acres (about 100k net) bigger than our nearest attacker with extremely high TPA and WPA. He is running a large number of guilds and watchtowers and thieve dens aswell. Full defensive specs military around 65% draft

To begin with we tried contacting him, trying to work out if he was going to be a team player and what not. So far he has not responded to any messages and im confident he hasn't read his mail either. After about two days of silence and constant growth we decided to remove him manually.

However his high wpa and tpa are preventing our t/ms doing much harm, getting 1 out 3 successful ops. We are focusing on burning down watchtowers and AW and further tornadoes to try and slow his economy, however he is rebuilding and recovering just as fast. Eventually if we keep it up either he will give up or we will break through however it will take far to long. (We are also in fortified stance to try and slow his explore rate)

Is a silver bullet on how to deal with this situation?

Any Help would be appreciated,
    -Regards BG

Post Fiend
    Just bouncewave him using all your attackers, pitfalls if you can get it to stick, and keep meteor showers on him. He's probably not using hospitals, and even if he is you will bring him down into your attack range in a day or two.

That or reason with him, which I assume is a hopeless prospect.

You could try to starve him (presuming he is not undead) if he is a 'black sheep' Province then nobody is likely to send him aid/bushels. Hopefully you can force him to defect before having to totally destroy his Province.
    Last edited by scorpio86; 04-01-2012 at 23:24. Reason: i added a word
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Why do you care? He is doing you more good then an empty slot just being there.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    You can try contacting larger provs outside your kd who can break him. If he's really 100% defense they'll be happy to jump at the chance of free acres.

He is not really doing us any good at all filling up a spot in the kingdom. Id much rather keep getting new guys making provinces and getting a 1 out of 5 chance they are active and willing to give the game more of a chance than 48 hours. All he is doing is skewing our kingdom net so now kingdoms with higher networth but condensed spread of net throughout the kingdom feel our kingdom is a target.

We are basically trying to starve and destroy his economy, however the high tpa/wpa is hampering our efforts. His net is dropping and defence aswell, but its just taking longer than it should considering he is active and our kingdom is still pretty inexperienced (though getting there this age).

Wouldn't bounce-waving only be effective with our undeads, the cost outweighing the benefit in a relative small kingdom?

Will try to contact a few other kingdoms and yes he is pure defence.

Thanks for the advice. =)

go fort stance =) .. uoddbro

Odd of Absalom

Beastblood is #oddplay

˙ppo ǝɹɐ noʎ
    #odd
    Odd is a three-edged sword.
    ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    You can try contacting larger provs outside your kd who can break him. If he's really 100% defense they'll be happy to jump at the chance of free acres.
    this
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovenmitt View Post
    Because an explorer who isn't banking or attacking is far less useful than an empty slot if they get declared / picked by enemy kingdoms because of him.

Post Demon
    Except maybe your top 1-2 attackers, the bounce wave is going to trade your provs econ to take out some of his. Even if you have an abysmal conversion ratio, so it takes 10x as much for you to recover than for him... that's 10% of your econ as damage to him, on top of whatever the T/Ms are managing. What else are you going to do with your econ anyway? (Especially in fort when you can't pump sci.)

The top few attackers can consider trying to grow into range, though while in fort that's going to be hard to do. They can definitely "overdraft" temporarily to try to get into range. Since land loss will put TPA/WPA even higher, don't start *too* early on the actual land taking, though if the T/Ms can't do much anyway the land drop will force him onto smaller econ (if he keeps military to stay mostly out of range).
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Get your T/M's to burn his farms, steal his bushels and cast Drought and Vermin. If your Kingdom as a whole can toch his farms faster than he can rebuild them he shall soon get the point and defect, or slowly die.
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Post Fiend
    I like the idea about taking his food, but it's going to be impossible to hurt him that way if he uses his thieves to replenish it and is active enough.

Yes, food is easy to counter. (It'll annoy him though.)

So you need to exploit his weakness.
    No prov is full turtle/t/m.
    T and M: whatever is weakest you can target with numbers.
    Turtle def weak, T and M high: you can pump up a prov to beat his def.

The only thing you need to do is actually rally your provs and not just screw around.
    Outside help may be the quickest way, but doing it yourself will benefit the coherency of your kd greatly.

You can also change your KD name to "No retals for hits on <prov name>" or something similar temporarily. Meanwhile, try and keep at least pitfalls on him. You'll probably have to bouncewave him a bit too until one of your guys can break him. After that, it's all gravy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ovenmitt View Post
    He inflates their land/NW as a KD and he contributes nothing. That's far worse than an empty slot.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Thread Information