Quote Originally Posted by octobrev View Post
Fact: In my first draft of that post I had the sun revolving around the earth.
Nothing wrong with that - just makes a few equations more annoying is all. (Although the newly discovered FLT particles might be putting the kabosh on that.)

Seriously though, what exactly is wrong with starting as a "lite hybrid" and deciding which way to go a day or so into it? (Sure, if you know your opponent well that moves into the "pre-war prep"... but for most, you spend your first day or two changing your build%s anyway, cause you didn't have all the intel you needed.) As an example, I always ran (later age) about 3 raw TPA as human sage, but with mods could hit about a 9 mod. Often I'd steal horses, NS a bit, then switch to rob ops and kidnap as I grew and tpa fell. But if a kingdom had bad thief defense and I could get though on NS of some useful targets... I'd keep training the thieves, try to get up to 4 raw. The "missing" offense never really mattered then, cause I dropped my targets def so *everyone* could hit easier.

'Tis that "adapt" concept everyone keeps saying... isn't that what is meant by a lite hybrid anyway? I'm a lot less a fan of the "a/T" type halfer rogue, for example... cause it usually seems they are trying to play a super thief, but with enough offense to look like they can attack - sure, that's been dead as a good plan for a while... but it never really was too smart to start with. I figure everyone that is a "big A" knows first priority is to have enough offense to hit within range - T or M are "continuous", half TPA can still do stuff, just not as well. Attacking is mostly binary - either you have the offense needed, or you fail at the attacker role. Was that part ever really in question though?