Thread: Thief ops to use in war?

Thief ops to use in war?

Riot seems important. Is bribe general any good?

What would be the most damaging op to spam to mess up his economy? NS? Arson? Kidnap? Should they be paired with the corresponding spell (ie fb/tornado)?
    NS seems to be really effective only on soldiers... steal gc/runes are clearly situational
    What about rogue ops? aw doesn't seem all that good since all the mages are also faeries and really hard to break..
    Prop seems to be honor farming more than anything else.

Who makes the best target? On chain targets? Non-chain core? UBs/banks? People who trade acres a lot?

Post Demon
    Bribe generals has a 20% chance of increasing combat losses on offense and defense. Because it only requires 1 thief, it is usually something attackers can do with their spare stealth.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Really depends on your kd's scheme.

Typically magic is better used to ruin econs, while thievery is used to directly hurt provs to bring them down. Never target a chain target, because 1.) They're land dropped so their TPA should be massive and 2.) There's no need to.

AW and prop are both incredibly good and useful spells if used under the right circumstances.

Post Demon
    If you're doing any kind of economy war at all, riots coverage on all provinces with significant income is very important.

Regular
    A related question: Does Bribe Generals stack? So if I bribe general (with 1 thief) 10x on a province, what have I really done? Is the chance that the province suffers increased combat losses

a) 20% (in which case 1x BG is as good as 100x BG)

b) 89% (calculated as 1 -(1 - 0.2 )^10)

c) 200% (which really means that doing BG on a province more than 5x is a waste of stealth)

d) Neither, and something else entirely?

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by barbrolie View Post
    A related question: Does Bribe Generals stack? So if I bribe general (with 1 thief) 10x on a province, what have I really done? Is the chance that the province suffers increased combat losses

a) 20% (in which case 1x BG is as good as 100x BG)
    its the same with every op..imagine stacking bg+pf 10 times -.-

kidnap and steal gold from the weak of tpa to help your own province.

NS, AW, Kidnap and Riots are the big ones.

Will NS still work well on provs with mostly elites? And is arson no good? (and is the damage reduced on provs that have lots of unbuilt acres?)

How many thieves should I send? is there a formula somewhere? I don't hav angel because on linux

Post Demon
    NS takes at maximum about 1% specs, and 0.3% elites.

Arson has a cap of I think 1% built acres, but requires more thieves than nightstrike. Tornado is better. I suppose it would be a very situational op, used in the same situations you'd use tornadoes but for some reason can't use magic or need mana+runes for other spells.

The guide-wiki has most of the formulae, but they are not 100% accurate so adjust as necessary. Propaganda has a random factor in damage done, unlike any other thief op, but appears to have a ridiculously high cap or none at all.

Thread Information