Thread: What kind of WPA should an Elf Mystic be running?

Post Fiend

What kind of WPA should an Elf Mystic be running?

I'm in a KD working for honor and war wins and my role is as Mage with Elf Mystic race/personality. What kind of WPA should I be running? Is a 3WPA too high?

Veteran
    Not in my opinion. WPA should be high as realistically possible.
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Forum Addict
    5 raw

Are you trying to cast MS blanket?

Post Demon
    The more the better.

Around 4-5 raw it's time to look at getting bigger.

a/m gets better the larger your province is, for a lot of reasons. Never ever land-drop as an Elf or any magic-oriented attacker if it can be helped.

Post Fiend
    well I'm not an a/m I'm going to be purely a M/t but I'm curious what you think the advantages are of never acre dropping as an Elf Mystic?

Post Fiend
    Reason 1, you produce more wizards at a larger size... Reason 2 ?

Post Demon
    Lower rune costs, ability to target larger enemies more reliably, more income that is protected against fireball, more resources to help your kingdom.

Getting acceptable wpa as a mystic is rarely a problem... 50% guilds gives you 1 wpa in 50 hours, 2 wpa in 100 hours. That isn't hard to arrange with 96 hour cf periods and some time spent pumping wizzies.

You really don't need to have super high wpa... channeling science is more important once over 2 wpa, and you can easily attain 3 wpa as mystic. The more you have, the better you can keep fireballing and spamming duration spells as you gain acres in war.

Being an elf t/m is pretty much a waste, except for early age. If you must play t/m - 4 wpa raw is practically a minimum, and 6+ is doable. It's always T/m - too little thief power and you're just going to be a pincushion for any province with good thieves.
    Last edited by nooblet; 02-09-2012 at 03:59.

Post Fiend
    Part of my logic for choosing Elf Mystic is that I see the explore pools drying up very quickly in most kingdoms and attacking your way to a decent size is basically impossible now unless you're in a top KD. So I see magic as the way to decent size through paradise and landlust.

I understand what you mean about growing if you want to be an A/m, of course an attacker wants to grow unless you're attacking for war wins and you stay small on purpose.

But growing is an impediment to a M/t because all of your offensive spells are based on wpa and tpa, so you'll constantly be playing catch up to keep those high relative to your targets. You also will have weaker sciences the whole way up. You also need to keep changing your build strat to include mills or armouries to be effective with your income. By staying small your income can be spent pumping sci and paying a higher wage rate.

I plan on moving up the honor charts this age and will grow towards the end of the age to 1M NW provided my KD does well and grows also.

Don't play an Elf T/M, unless you like getting AW every war or chained down. Faery is simply built to be a T/M.

Also, why do you need to acre drop as an T/M? You have complete control over the acres you take in. -_-

4-7 raw WPA.

Post Demon
    It. Does. Not. Take. Forever. To. Pump. Wizards. As. Mystic.

Especially if you are in a t/m build and can constantly run 20-30% guilds.

Size is not an impediment to a t/m or hybrid that knows what they're doing. That's one of the worst ghetto myths that have propagated through the game. The only races that have to worry about getting too fat are heavy attackers who get opped heavily, and it's not like those heavies should gimp their attacking just to avoid getting too fat. Science is also not too hard to get to an acceptable level with enough time invested.

Also the bigger you are, the more likely you are unbreakable to trad marches (which will destroy you as a t/m and your hard earned honor). Just don't be too much bigger than the rest of your kingdom.

Thread Information