Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Faery A/T > Halfling A/T?

Quote Originally Posted by Zobo View Post
    faery still has an over all higher offense, even with the 9% generals. I wrote all that out for nothing! :O The lack is multitapping, but I don't see our halfers doing more than single taps at the moment anyway... though it's early in the age. They might get more bold and start suiciding like real men; who knows.

And elites as offense doesn't matter, as they won't be home for MS, and you're a thief, so you shouldn't be getting NSed heavily anyway.

There are ways you can manage the lack of multi tapping and build a strength on a faery, that you just can't comfortably do on a halfer. Tact and QF is delicious. Sage can make a faery very beast, and with FOK/TOG, you can much more easily pump science.... you could actually draw a lot of these parallels to human as well with their 5/4 military... 4/6 can be stronger offense... Warrior is an obvious option. Since you'll be running full horsies, an extra OME modifier can compound onto that awesomely... Cleric could make you a disgusting chain option, coupled with high GS, you'd be less attractive than a t/m faery chain. And of course rogue/mystic/merchant.

Halfling will struggle to make 3 uniques a day running tact, and suffer greatly without the QF (hybrids need lots of building space!). Halfling Sage < Faery Sage outright. Halfling Warrior does not as directly combat a race flaw. Halfling Cleric is for NW gimmicks. Merchant is silly, no TOG or econ buffs. Mystic is silly, might as well run t/m faery.

Faery is very strong at the moment, and in a lot of different ways. Halfling lacks options and given the only acceptable role for it (imo; a/t), it falls short compared to the more robust Faery a/t.

Faery is a 3/6 Elite and Halfer is a 4/5 Elite. Your math may be off since you seemed to miss that. Unless I am misunderstanding you and you mean that the Elites will never be used offensively and you will use mid specs the entire time for attacking.

Forum Fanatic
    If a Faery does get chained and they are a/t/m what are they going to release first as thieves wont work and military will dessert? As Palem said, only being able to do 1x hits is weak, unless you never go < 70% Mana in war so you can LL A LOT if chained I think Halfling > Faery in a/T role. Faery IMO is only built for T/M or very weak a/M.

If I came up against a a/t/m Faery I'd like to think he'd be the first chain target to neutralize 2 of his abilities. Either a Land chain or leave you be to the end and soak up your honor 12 hours before MIN. Time

In regards to 35% GS... if they do not hit you that is 35% buildings wasted and when you grow your own gains will be crap and your TPA/WPA will becomecrap meaning you are not really helping the kingdom in a long war.
    Last edited by American Badass; 04-09-2012 at 11:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem
    more attacks are better than "better" attacks.
    tell that to sonata.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

#tactics

I'll McGovern you up, son. Wait, you know who McGovern was, right?

Faery is a 3/6 Elite and Halfer is a 4/5 Elite. Your math may be off since you seemed to miss that. Unless I am misunderstanding you and you mean that the Elites will never be used offensively and you will use mid specs the entire time for attacking.
    Faery would naturally use Ospecs for offense. Why would you use Faery elites for offense? Halfling would use Elites for defense and offense, and transition to elites for dspecs and ospecs for offense during war. The umbers I used reflect this (3:2 ratio offense:defense).

A chained faery would have a 30/30 WPA/TPA mod and would become a supercharged t/m province (minus the econ tools). High science, high wpa, high tpa and 30/30 extra mods... sounds scurry! If it's a deep chain, you could release your ospecs

Chaining a Faery would be an expensive endeavour... all to kill off 2 uniques a day? It's a province built to only single tap. It's going to have a lot of defense.
    Meanwhile a Halfling is going to be in a similar position, making single taps all war, only is going to be eating MS the entire war.

We just got out of our second war. One of our halflings made a double tap and got mini-chained down about 600 acres. He just stuck to single taps after that. :P

In regards to 35% GS... if they do not hit you that is 35% buildings wasted and when you grow your own gains will be crap and your TPA/WPA will becomecrap meaning you are not really helping the kingdom in a long war.
    When a hybrid grows and their TPA/WPA becomes less useful, they become UBs and enjoy a low wage rate.
    ....perhaps this is one edge Halflings have, as they can leave their all elite army at home... I like this, I feel less bad about halflings now. They have the ability to close up shop like a turtle. Thanks. :3

Post Demon
    Am I the only one who finds the theory of a hypothetical faery on halfer war hilarious?

Simians vs. TFC... DO IT.

In a serious war with real attacking races, Faery and Halfling attackers get thrashed, but Faery attackers especially are dead meat. Halfers can at least hold on with multitapping and a turtle army if they get chained.

Also, anyone who keeps spreading the meme that hybrids can't handle incoming acres automatically loses the thread. It's more true for Faeries anyway.

My halfling prov just gained 100 acres, so I need to train 400 thieves at 250gc a pop... I guess I won't be opping anymore.

Thread Information