Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Why I am quitting utopia (strategy)

I can only speak for myself. I landed in a really bad ghetto kingdom returning to utopia.

I used the recruit option two weeks OOP and got into a top 10 kingdom. I love it there, and we have a lot of fun on the chats.

For me personally I think it's odd that people kill of entire kingdoms and want to grow big by them self. Of cause they will be attacked at some point by a kingdom full of big players - why? because the kingdom with a lot of players can do it. It's no different than in RL - the more people you have the more strength you have.

a ghetto doesn't have much strength, especially when they take your pool

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Seldum View Post
    For me personally I think it's odd that people kill of entire kingdoms and want to grow big by them self. Of cause they will be attacked at some point by a kingdom full of big players - why? because the kingdom with a lot of players can do it. It's no different than in RL - the more people you have the more strength you have.
    The only people who defend that style of playing, for whatever reason, are those who do it. And thankfully, at this point, they are a small minority.

An option for KDs to be able to expel players like this by popular vote would be good for the game, in my opinion. And if growing big is all that these players care about, and not about the other players in their KD, nothing stops them from eating up the pool of the next KD they go to.

Forum Addict
    Popular vote? KILL HIM. If you can't kill any of your kd mates at will, you're doing something wrong and you should work on teamplay anyway.

Regular
    If it was possible for the person who started this thread to kill the problem province at will, this thread wouldn't be there.

And I am pretty sure that the person who started this thread isn't the only one in a ghetto with such a problem; that they're not skilled/organized to be able to kill problem provinces without external help.

Forum Fanatic
    The person who started this thread is the problem province.He outgrew his kd and got his ass handed to him for it.Exactly what normally happens.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Regular
    haha yeah you're right. I confused this thread with a different one, where this guy had trouble with their ex-monarch.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I don't mind players leaving because they want to do something a little more productive than playing Utopia with their time, but claiming that you're quitting because it's too serious and you're not having fun anymore isn't an excuse. YOU take the game seriously. If you can't hack super-activity (or you just don't want to), then join a casual kd, or a ghetto and make your fun some other way.
    Yes. Your argument is completely valid. Who knows maybe in a few ages ill be back playing casually in a ghetto and having a.blast.

However the counter to your point is that for some people that isn't fun. I tend to do things with full effort, or not at all. Which leaves the option of.committing excessive time to the game and having fun playing it as best as possible, or not playing at all, because where is the fun in dicking around?

You should not have issues getting to 5-6k acre by EoA but yes pretty much anytime a top KD hits you you need to retaliate until they promise a nap. It is going to be hard to get by yourself. But 2-3 people working together so that you can force ops and annoy is all you need to get a NAP with pretty much any kd.

1) Diplomacy - They have more to lose then you. They are gunning for a top spot, so you got to force the EOA NAP early, I even generally will put a clause that if I hit top ten they can have a free hit on me, my goal isn't top ten its top 10 its 10k acres say. Nothing is going to be more dangerous then a late age top KD who has absolutely nothing to do but dice and NAPS with all KD's around. This is why you must force NAPs early. Be ruthless but often just offer an EoA nap stating that you will start hitting them if they don't accept. Many KD's are happy to not bother dealing with you.

2) Build - If your not going to be super active you are going to need to be able to turtle effectively. This age Elf/Human/Avian/Halfling could be considered. You need to be able to retaliate or they won't care about you, the ability to fireball/rob their provinces is an extra thorn. But this age Human probably would have made the most sense. If there is 3 of you I would consider a faery to pester with Fools gold etc. Keep a balanced off/def. Early their killers are probably running low dpa and very high opa to kill banks. You should be able to hit these provinces more effectively then they can hit you if your balanced. They will likely give you the naps you desire.

3) attacking - Avoid hitting top KD's. You need to do it for the first week or two, after that it just simply isn't worth the risk, get the NAPS fast. Instead hit total inactive KD's. You also need to stay above the core of warring KD's. They are not generally motivated to go after land but occasionally they might hit you. Offer a free hit for a nap when possible and retake your acres from a ghetto. Or just re explore/dice. By mid age you should be able to explore more safely if you are around 4k acres you will be below most of the top 10 who care about land, and have naps with them anyway. You will also be above most warring KD's core, plus they probably dont want your land unless you bug them. EXPLORE now. Get to 10k finish in top 100.
    My life is better then yours.

Thread Information