Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Human viable next age?

Post Fiend

Human viable next age?

Seems they listened to the player gripes and humans now have +10% pop so are much better than last age.

Viable now?

Humans were always viable, i don't think they needed the extra 5% pop.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page |
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    I think it is a welcome change and I don't think we will see anyone complaining about them being op any time soon.

Veteran
    I would like to try them but im still deciding. I am human IRL, i wonder what they are like in Utopia ...
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Humans still will not have the power to keep up offensively. Human Rogue could work well but will require a huge amount of science, but FOK and TOG can aid with pumping. A fellow player mentioned the viability of Human Warrior and his logic makes sense - fully mounted army with an extra gen and 15% OME bonus plus the aid of TOG and FOK. The population bonus will certainly come in handy.

I'm not sure i'm convinced in the viability of Human, never played, don't intend to, but should be interesting to see how it pans out.

Humans right now should be on 33ppa if they chose sage (as they all should have).
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page |

Forum Addict
    That fellow player must be an idiot and doesn't know what he's talking about.

That said, I agree with him completely. He sounds awesome. 0:)

Humans were never not viable, they were just never that "omg look at my 150 OPA I crush alls!!!" race that seems to turn on half the server. Humans support themselves well and not only are they not a drain on a kingdom's resources (like Orcs always seem to be, "send me more soldiers, I cant draft to use all these elite credits!") but they are usually a benefit to the overall economy of the kingdom when played right.

And let's be honest, you don't choose Human if you don't plan to play them right. So good on all those fully prepared Human choosers!

Post Fiend
    You assume too much. Of the 630 humans about I would wager 75% at least have less than 30 ppa. Only 1/5 went sage.

I only have 32.6 ppa :(

Post Fiend
    On what acres?

1400 with 1600 bpa and 10% libs.

Post Fiend
    Exactly having good science at this point in the age with a 1k province isn't really such a big deal, but having that kind of bpa at 3-5k acres is a rather different task.

Saying everyone should have 33ppa is well and good but when you look at actual provinces in play few will have it.

I see no reason why everyone shouldnt have a million bpa but its not going to happen.

I'm 4.5k, i have 33 ppa. I doubled up recently and am quite inactive. I have 800 bpa, hardly show stopping.

Post Demon
    This isn't what I had in mind for improving Human. Now they're merely at the level they were last age.

Still wouldn't run them, because War Hero is the clear pick for kingdoms that war a lot, and Human/WarHero is pretty bad.

Regular
    viable for what role(s)? I would like to see them playable, im just not sure how, in order to convince my monarch :) Outside of really huge kingdoms, arent other options better than humie?

would have liked to see an army change, not putting them back to how they were(which also seemed weak)

Thread Information