Thread: Hard cap on TDs?

Post Fiend

Hard cap on TDs?

Guide says if I have 24% TDs on 100% I receive 96% less losses, is this true?

If so should rogue run max loss reduction in order to max thieves sent on each op?

Post Demon
    TD's are hardcapped at 50% (25% for rogues) and losses reduction part of effects is hardcapped on 95%. You shold aim at 95% losses reduction, and how much buildings it will take to echieve it will depend on your BE.

Post Fiend
    Guide says the following:
    Lower Losses in Thievery Operations by % * 4 (capped at 95%)
    Increase Thievery Effectiveness by % * 3

My question is, is this accurate for this age.
    If this is true a rogue with 12% TDs (counts as 24% due to all TDs being twice as effective) on 100% BE should have -95% losses, is this true?

I have heard rumors that there may have been changes that have not been listed here.

Post Fiend
    Just so you're awared (quoting a previous thread)

The formula is:

Total_Effect = Personality * Base_Effect * BE * %_of_building * (100% - %_of_building)

Where:
    Base_Effect = 3 for TPA boost
    = 4 for lower thief losses
    Personality = 2 if your personality gives double effects (ie Thief dens for a Rogue)

The cap for Thief Dens TPA boost is 75%
    The cap for Thief Dens theif loss reduction is 95%

To hit cap on both the TPA and losses parts compared with a few different BE's:

With 100% BE you will hit cap at 14.65% of your land
    With 90% BE you will hit cap at 16.67% of your land
    With 80% BE you will hit cap at 19.4% of your land
    --------

and yes, it's different than what Angel says (even better for rogues, as Angel says you'd need 25% TDs to reach +TPA cap at 100% BE). The above formula is what the game uses. It doubles the effect, not the number of buildings, so less diminishing return on building effects. http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...1#post15072581

Regular
    Building bonuses start reducing after each one you build. So while the first building is 4% the second one might be 3.9% and so on. So because of diminishing returns you'll actually need more then you are predicting.

Thread Information