Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spell success rate.

Veteran
    Bishop, I like your avatar. can I use it on FaceBook?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyguy View Post
    Probably Bish. I just trying to figure this out. Does My BE have anything to do with it?
    No BE should not have anything to do with the chance to cast offensive spells

Because BE affects the effectiveness of your guilds it does affect duration of all spells and chance for success for self spells
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    So what?
    so you cant admit that the code is messed up when it comes to magic. Anyone who ever played a/m knows that this 'random factor' is total BS. 4 success followed by 3 fails, 3 more success fail, fail...you get the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by NoseBlood View Post
    so you cant admit that the code is messed up when it comes to magic. Anyone who ever played a/m knows that this 'random factor' is total BS. 4 success followed by 3 fails, 3 more success fail, fail...you get the picture.
    Do you even know what 'random' means?
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Quote Originally Posted by NoseBlood View Post
    I'll admit that i think you don't know how magic works. Rather than making asinine statements why don't you try to learn.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page |
    PM DavidC for test server access

Veteran
    http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.ph...Percent_Guilds

The Guide does not mention a correlation between the success rate of offensive spells and Guilds/Acre. I however have noticed that when My Guild/Acre are lower, I seem to fail a lot of offensive spells. I've also noticed an increase in fizzles when BE is extremely low. I've been told over and over that the guilds/acre does not effect the Chance of a Successful Cast with offensive spells, because the guide does not say that it does. Could the Guide be wrong? This is way to frequent and way to marked of a pattern.

Guilds affect self spell success rate, not offensive.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page |
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    screw the guide, got bored going through it over and over again.. but after many ages of playing elf/mystic supermage, i've came to this conclusion:

1) There is always a random factor of about 5%-10% where your offensive spells can fail depending on the type of spell you cast

- whether its against an undead or faery, you'll never avoid the 5%-10% chances of failing
    - if you're casting a MS spell, you might have almost 10% chances of failing on all targets
    - if you're casting a Storm spell, you might have around 5% chances of failing on all targets

2) Having higher WPA than your target is not a 100% success guarantee as well

- if you are at 12mod WPA and for a target with 10mod WPA, you'll have around 83% chances of failing based on the % ratio of both WPA
    - if you are at 12mod WPA and for a target with 2mod WPA, you'll have around 17% chances of failing also based on the % ratio of both WPA

3) Spells against target with more than 20% lower/higher networth than you will add more chances of failures

- a target with 20% lower/higher networth than you will add 0% chances of failing
    - a target with 30% lower/higher networth than you will add 10% chances of failing
    - a target with 50% lower/higher networth than you will add 30% chances of failing

These % given is not taken from any guides or strategies, but i personally derived it from pure experience of casting thousands of spell every age for the past 5 ages.. try using this guide in your spell casting attempts and see if it works..
    for an example, if you're an elf/mystic with 12mod wpa and casting MS spell on an undead with 1.5mod wpa and at 80% of your networth, your spell success rate is 77.5% and out of 10 attempts 2 or 3 will fail.
    Last edited by mastakizzor; 29-03-2013 at 02:37.

Thread Information