Thread: Fortified tpa/wpa bug

Postaholic

Fortified tpa/wpa bug

Fortified is bugged. Thief ops get a -50% TPA penalty in addition to -50% gains, while mage ops get -50% gains but no wpa penalty.

I don't know how things are intended to work. It would be reasonable for both effectiveness and gains to be penalized, or just one, or the other. But it's a bug that thievery and magery do not get the same penalties.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Why is that a bug? They aren't the same mechanics...

Postaholic
    Turns out my report was wrong. It seems neither thief nor mage ops get -50% effectiveness.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I don't believe that Fort doesn't have a WPA/TPA penalty. I've seen the difficulty of thief ops jump up from one side jumping into fortified.

What I think is happening is that going through double fortified has a cancelling out effect, where both sides receive the same penalty and since thievery success is relative, there appears to be no negative effect on effectiveness. Whether that's intended or not, I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I don't believe that Fort doesn't have a WPA/TPA penalty. I've seen the difficulty of thief ops jump up from one side jumping into fortified.

What I think is happening is that going through double fortified has a cancelling out effect, where both sides receive the same penalty and since thievery success is relative, there appears to be no negative effect on effectiveness. Whether that's intended or not, I have no idea.
    It was literally introduced in 1 sentence. -50% gains/effectiveness immediately opping out of fortified, -50% gains and effectiveness phased in over 24h for opping in. It makes 0 sense for it to give -75% gains in fort vs fort but 0 negative to effectivness?

It also has been mentioned that opping into fort may be easyier then opping a KD in normal for first 24h.

Which makes it sound like KD jumps into fort gets immediate -50% TPA. Kd opping said KD gets -50% tpa after 24h to leave an eventual 0 protection from fort.

If you truly think fortified was meant to make you easier to op then standard for first 24h imo your crazy. In fact if you think the effectiveness is working properly at all your crazy :D

EDIT:

Just so you know I don't mind if it is just 50% gains and they remove the effectiveness penalty. I am just saying it currently is bugged from what you would expect it too do / what I am sure it is intended to do.
    Last edited by goodz; 04-04-2013 at 03:16.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by goodz View Post
    Just so you know I don't mind if it is just 50% gains and they remove the effectiveness penalty. I am just saying it currently is bugged from what you would expect it too do / what I am sure it is intended to do.
    As far as i know its intended to make it easier to train and reduced damage of successful ops, so acting as intended. I took the hit to defensive tpa/wpa in age 55 as a direction action against fort stance against the age 54 ranking NW of "5 The Faery Circle (X:XX) 27215376". I personally thought what u guys are complaining about was "functioning as intended."

To that end though, theres no mod tpa/wpa display in the game and it'd require so much data to prove this "bug" that its gonna b hard to get anyone to look at it. The only way to test this would be line by line of code and a print of the mod tpa/wpa variable when an op occurs in double fort, u can expect this bug to not get fixed because its just to much work.

There should be no negative tpa/wpa mod on defense in fortified at all, its the same mod as in war. Can someone accurately sum up the bug, please.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page |
    PM DavidC for test server access

Never mind, figured it out. There are 0 tpa/wpa mods of any sort in fortified, only gains mods. This is, obviously, in conflict with the age changes + guide which have been updated to reflect this. What fortified does is reduce gains, which do indeed stack.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page |
    PM DavidC for test server access

Thread Information