Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Moderators going bazonkas

Enthusiast
    Utopiatina your are so off base in so many was and so obviously missed my point that its hard to know where to start. Many people don't condone striking a child under any circumstance and thier for its a subject that could easily be found inopropraite to discuss on these forum as well as your opinion on the subject being found offensive. That is why I cose it as an example, although I real do not advocate hitting children in any way. My point was that if I find your opinion or any other part or your essence on this forum offensive I'm not going to ask you to sensor yourself I'm just going to make the decision not to read your posts any more.

Now you say if we spoke in sillspeech in real life it would be reasonable for us to do it hear. However no one is the exact same person online as they are in real life. Some people may be closer than others but no one is exactly the same. That's part of the fun of online gaming you can build a "persona" that allows you to escape from your real life a lil bit. Which is in part the reason why people play fantasy games to begin with, I mean I'm pretty sure I'm not actually a halfling cleric leader in charge of thousands of lil hobbit minions. Sillspeech is as much a part of our online persona as your voiced opinions are yours, as I said I actually have to try not to let some slip in at this point and still have been having to go back to remove it. The way something is said can be just as valuable as what is said it terms trying to express who you are and how you feel. The only person I've asked to sensor themselves on Thiers forum is bishop as I find at times he comes off a bit rude at times, which is understandable with all he has to put up with, but IMO bad for the game (perceived to be rude head mod isn't exactly a turn on for new players) I think it comes as part of the job for him to be his normal helpfull short spoken self all the time and not "stoop to our level" as he kinda ends up as the "face of the game". I have no such obligations or responsibiltys so I find it highly offensive for some one to ask me to sensor myself for no better reason than they find me annoying.
    A tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeFiwYQtGp0

Any and all opinions I express are mine and mine alone and are not a reflection upon my kingdoms way of thinking

Enthusiast
    Palme you may be right that I am exaggerating a bit as I have started drinking at this point but I don't feel like its by much.

You have stated that you don't know why sill speech was ok last week but a bankable offends this week. You have suggested that it could now be viewed as such becuse people find it annoying and it's not the best form of communication. This isn't exactly I clear answer but assuming it is accurate I can understand the decision but find it unjust. If it realy annoys people that much I can understand banning us for continuing to use it other people's threads who have asked us not to just like another else who's being offensive in a thread (yes if asked to stop and we continue I would say that's offensive) but in our own threads or sillspeak friendly threads I see no reason for us to have to sensor ourselfs. If some one realy can't understand it (rolls eyes) we are more than happy to translate upon request.

Any and all opinions I express are mine and mine alone and are not a reflection upon my kingdoms way of thinking

News Correspondent
    Censor :)
    I find evillones illiteracy considering he is a native speaker more annoying than any gimmicky talk

It was a thread about SPGC, and talking in siltalk is what makes them unique. Why take away their schtick? They are not harming anyone, or take over other topics, and are generally some of the nicest people that play the game. +1 to silcats.

Enthusiast
    Lol and to be honest after re reading my last two posts. My drunk posts from phone are far harder to understand than any sillspeak :p. not even gonna try to edit right now lol.

Enthusiast
    Ava is my English teacher! Please go back and make my last two posts understandable!

You will thank Bishop later. Talking like an infantile retard who suffered severe brain hemorrhaging is not cute.

Quote Originally Posted by TeddybearSTHLM View Post
    I am fully aware of this, it was just a suggestion as I'm really curious as to how deeply rooted this resistance to silltalk is.
    Then make a poll...

Silltalk isn't cute.
    Pew Pew is irritating
    Odd? wtf
    I really don't care, none of these bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by Realest View Post
    You will thank Bishop later. Talking like an infantile retard who suffered severe brain hemorrhaging is not cute.
    Not that this matters but I have never agreed with you more.
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2
    I should get a medal for all the common sense I highlight on a daily basis.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Bishop> I don't dislike Ezzerland
    <Bishop> We are just incompatible

<~Palem> I read that as "snuffleupegas gropes Palem" twice lol

i agree with anyone saying silltalk is retarded, as it is.

I find it hilarious that people finds "silltalk" so offensive :)

Oh and nobody should take what is retarded or not seriously if it comes from someone that played in Trollfags consider thats a name that reeks "Hi I am 14 years old and think saying fags is cool"
    Last edited by Korp; 07-04-2013 at 08:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    I find it hilarious that people finds "silltalk" so offensive :)
    i find it hilarious that people actually enjoy talking like that. each to their own.

Enthusiast
    See Palem I can always count people on the forums to prove me right! Good old realist hear just trolled us cats and was fairly disrespectfully at that, looking back at his last 30 posts or so it's hard to find one that was actually any use to the topic of the thread and is generally just kinda rude/nasty but that's ok becuse he speaks clearly and directly? Lmao.

Forum Addict
    Evil, Realest is in the same boat as you are (maybe that was your point too), he's just trolling a lot of times, but sometimes he does give good advice. He's usually respectful too - in his own way :)

So, now we have forum for a game. Yes Utopia is game u know? Game are supposed to be fun. We SPGC really believe that having fun while playing uto is by far the most important part of "why we play Utopia". In threads about OUR wars and OUR game style we talk in a way we enjoy. Do we spam silltalks in other threads? No. Do we force someone who posts in our threads to use silltalks? No. So in the end what Bishop try to do is to make our game less enjoyable? Yeah this is definitely what mods in game forum should do.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    It can come off as childish and its by no means a good facilitator of conversation.
    This.

Since Bishop isn't here to close this, I'm going to do it for him. If he wishes to comment on his decisions, he will do so. If you wish to raise concerns about moderation, do it privately.
    S E C R E T S

Thread Information