Page 31 of 46 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Debauchery...

Quote Originally Posted by LoRD_SaMPuaN View Post
    please dont make cocky posts when you are not fully aware of the mechanics, it looks bad..
    I am fully aware of how thief op and war mechanics work.

Mechanics are not the issue here, this is....
    just dont blame me for stealing you when i can get +200k an op with 0 fails..
    you are saying its ok to rob from peoples war and stunting their ability to rebuild.

thats exactly my point.. if you can stop it by tiny effort and you didnt, its your fault for getting robbed - but if you cannot stop it (hits!), then its my fault for hitting you..
    I agree that if you find a pile of gold on low/no tpa it should be robbed, but not into hostiles and wars.

Forum Addict
    I think the main qn we should clarify is war = eowcf? Are they the same? No matter how much we talk about, are we able to come to a conclusion and abide by it if the game mechanic is not in place?

EoWcf is END OF WAR CEASE FIRE with the opponent. Not the same thing as war.

There. Its not the same thing. Sorted that out for all of you
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Andr3w View Post
    Nah brick, they justified their actions to op into eowcf perfectly by practically saying "I want the money" and "because I can", which are perfectly valid reasons.

People who retal by razekilling them back can choose to do it during the target KD's normal/active war/eowcf/fort period can justify themself as well, by saying "I want revenge", "because I can" and "suck it up, you knew its coming"? :D

Both have justified reasons, so let them both takes its course and see how it develops.. they steal more, higher chance of more razekill, thats it. Plain and Simple. :)
    ^ there done simple. Seems like peeps want to justify their action but not happy when they got hit back for it.. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Feint View Post
    I think the main qn we should clarify is war = eowcf? Are they the same? No matter how much we talk about, are we able to come to a conclusion and abide by it if the game mechanic is not in place?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anri View Post
    EoWcf is END OF WAR CEASE FIRE with the opponent. Not the same thing as war.

There. Its not the same thing. Sorted that out for all of you
    No, eowcf is a part of war therefore should be respected by not robbing/hitting into it
    Last edited by brickwolfman; 06-05-2013 at 10:08.

Forum Addict
    it is not part of the war, the war ends when one side gets the win in the kd page.. then your rebuilding phase begins where 'end of war ceasefire' gives you perfectly enough protection to outside interference.. i am not determining or affecting your past conflict by any means when i rob your undefended gold.. i dont even understand why are you so stubborn on the right of having undefended gold while its ridicilously easy to protect it..

you are just ignoring what im saying and trying to pretend that im interfering into your conflicts..
    no, i will not rob into hostiles or ongoing wars because i will never intentionally disturb 1v1 fights..
    yes, i will rob you when you are not in an ongoing conflict (hostile and war) and not competent enough to protect yourself with -%75 tpa and -%75 gains protection..

anyway, we will need to agree to disagree after this point..

So you admit it, you are more than happy to rob from peoples war screwing with their rebuild

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by anti-fun View Post
    Thank you spike for being so honest,the only reason why Debauchery got witch hunted by the community is because they are powerless to fight back i guess,but even other forumers acknowledged that stealing into EOWCF for weaker kingdoms is nothing wrong.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking any side in this. Like I said, if you can get away with stealing from a prov, then you've made quick money, if not, then its not worth it.

For those of you calling me a liar, well that's pretty short sighted of you. There's 25 players in a kingdom and you don't always know what your friends are up to. I have personally seen cats steal into my EOW CFs a few times over the last 2-3 ages. Do I care? not really, which is why I never raised the point with them, or complained about it publicly. You just got to adapt if you're not in a position to punish them for it.

At the end of the day you can all believe whatever you like anyway, never did anyone any good to argue the point.
    Hi Spike,
    Thanks for your message - as you know we do our very best to minimise any
    mental anguish suffered as a result of playing Utopia.

Regards,
    Simon Shirlow
    Communuity Manager

--------------
    I miss Jolt....

but arguing on the internet is a time honored test of your intelligence...... right?

internet argument

but do I get a medal? everyone in special olympics gets a medal!!!
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Non of my nubs speak for my KD

Stonedville (Wanna join us? #publicstoners)
    More than 10 pages about stealing, wow...Nice :)

Quote Originally Posted by Binar View Post
    but do I get a medal? everyone in special olympics gets a medal!!!
    you get a medal for most awesome in boxer briefs and duct tape :P
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2
    I should get a medal for all the common sense I highlight on a daily basis.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Bishop> I don't dislike Ezzerland
    <Bishop> We are just incompatible

<~Palem> I read that as "snuffleupegas gropes Palem" twice lol

Post Demon
    you are just ignoring what im saying and trying to pretend that im interfering into your conflicts..
    Not particularly. But when you come robbing into my EoWCF, just be prepared to get RK'd back, into your war/EoWCF or even as a 1v1 conflict between your kingdom and the one I play for. It's pretty simple really. You wanna do what you want when you want then don't complain when someone else does the same :)

This discussion is lasting far too long, and there is nothing new being said that hasn't already been said somewhere in the last 20 pages. The most intelligent arguements for stealing were made by THX1912, scroll back and read what he has to say. The biggest player against stealing has been Andr3w, nobody knows who he is and he says the same thing each post.

Lets summarize the content in this thread, in point form:

~There are two types of players: those who think stealing is OK, and those who don't.

~90% of the posts in this thread are from the whiners who have had gold stolen. The players who think stealing is OK are keeping their mouths shut for fear of being ostracized in the same way that Debauchery is. To say Debauchery is the only kd stealing is just naive.

~In my experience from stealing this age, I only find success stealing from players with around 2 tpa or less. Train 3 or more tpa and my low success rate will deter me from stealing and I will move on. Yes, halfers can steal from just about anyone they want. EoWcf gives you enough protection to keep me out, even with just 3 tpa.

~If you have had time to stock 4m+ gc, you've had time to draft and train to 3 tpa. There is no argument for attackers running under 3 tpa. My favourites are those attackers with 10m gc, 20k soldiers, and 1 tpa. It is your own choice to not train thieves, which I will remind you do not add wages.

~Anyone who thinks you can safely stock gc during EOW cf (which is NOT an active war), you do so at your own risk. If I find you and infiltrate you to find low thieves, you will lose that money.

~I will respect the wishes of any player who politely asks me to stop stealing. A few times this age kds have asked me to stop, and I have. Those who send me nasty messages just get more stolen.

~Every action comes with some risk. Whether I steal 500k from a prov in normal stance, or 4m from a prov stacking gc in EoWcf, I am 'stunting your growth' and people will get upset. You decide an appropriate punishment for the action. If you think some gold stealing warrants razekilling provs, be prepared that what goes around, comes around. If you've got halfers, try stealing back it is fair game.

~For as long as the game allows thief ops into and out of war from outside kingdoms, you can expect Debauchery and other kingdoms to continue robbing gc from provs who neglect their thieves.

~There is one kingdom who is 'punishing' Debauchery for stealing. It is Ezzerland's kd, ironically one of the few kds that we did not steal from. Though I think Ezzerland should be spending more time with his kd practising how to win wars, at least by doing this he feels like he is making a bigger impact in the game by 'policing' the server. 20m kd trying to hurt 11m kd, here is our news summary: Total land exchanged: -171, and this doesn't count what has been explored/diced since then.
    Last edited by SillyRabbit; 06-05-2013 at 13:11. Reason: clarity
    Proud Monarch of #Debauchery
    Stick to Your Word!
    It's all about the logs
    Follow Your Dreams!
    Believe in Yourself!
    Let Your Spirit Guide You!

Thread Information