Thread: The ultimate strategy thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by KingdomOfLolz View Post
    Which do you think is stronger this age, Avian cleric or Orc warrior? Why?
    So I'd start off with this math. Standard attacking build is something like 10 EPA and 8 DSPA.

So the orc starts off with: 77 OPA and 32 DPA. The avian 60 OPA and 32 DPA. Lets pit them against eachother in a 1 on 1 battle, which doesn't take into account chaining.

Lets assume that both can 2x eachother but can't 3x eachother to start. Orc is close to opening with 3x'ing, so that might blow this comparison out of the water, but in reality it likely doesn't since I would imagine avian with its cheaper troops (and being cleric) and more flexibility with building in EoW probably has slightly more military than the orc.

So go in Excel:

Column 1: Orc offense = 77 Column 2 Orc defense = 32. Column 3 Avian offense = 60, Column 4 Avian defense = 32. Column 5 is Column 1/4 = 2.41. Column 6 is 3/2 = 1.88. So the orc can 2.41x the avian and the avian can 1.88x the orc. In reality people run TGs more than forts so both of these numbers will be higher, and in reality its much more likely orc is like 9 EPA and 7.5 DSPA compared to avian 9.5 EPA and 8, etc. But lets go through the exercise anyways.

Then make these formulas below the numbers above, assumes 5% troop kills for non-cleric and 2.5% troop kills for cleric and both sides 2x'ing

Column 1 Row 2 = 77*.95 = 73.15 orc offense left after first wave
    Column 2 Row 2 = 32*.95^2 = 28.88 defense left after first wave getting hit twice
    Column 3 Row 2 = 60*.975= 58.5 avian offense left after first wave
    Column 3 Row 2 = 32*(1-.025*1.15)^2 (to account for orc kill bonus) = 30.19 defense left after getting hit twice.

Then after the first wave the ratios went from 2.41 and 1.88 to 2.42 and 2.03. Drag it down and you'll see that by the 4th wave, the avian outpaces the orc, where the avian can hit the orc 2.55 to the orcs 2.48. It only goes down after that.

The standard war kd setup will have 10 or more support TM provinces that aren't hitting. So in the scenario where the Avian kingdom initially hostiles the orc kingdom, the Avian is hitting the orc all home to start, killing offense. If the avian can only 1x, that turns the tide so that it only takes 3 waves for the avian to outpace the orc. If the avian can 2x on the orc turtled, that turns the tide after just 2 rounds of hits.

In the event the orc kingdom waves the avian kingdom, its clear the avian kingdom can just drag out hostile for 3-4 waves and basically enter war already having a clear military advantage, despite the orc being +10% in war and having 1 point higher elite. That's a good situation to be in. So the avian can open on the orc and do alright, but if the orc gives the button to the avian, it's in pretty big trouble. Orc will run some hospitals, but as you will see below, 15% hosps and 64% BE is only about -25% savings.

So militarily I like the avian from a numbers standpoint, I think its easier with cleric to fight back to back wars as your elite count stays higher, and it seems as if an orc kingdom waved my avian cleric kingdom, the avian kingdom would win simply by dragging out hostile.

So lets compare the rest of the bonuses, namely -30% attack time for avian and +30% gains and 1 general for orc.

A standard orc war build will be something like 10% guilds 4% towers 15% rax 15% tgs 15% gs 14% WTs 15% hospitals 1% dungeons 10% farms. This will give the orc 11.26 hour war attack time vs an avian on no barracks less than 9 hour attack time. Take the 11.26/1.3 for gains and you get the orc on roughly 8.66 equivalent attack time. So orc has the benefit of one extra general.

Is that extra general worth the 30% buildspace avian saves by not having 15% rax and hosps? I'd say no. The avian with that extra buildspace can make forts, can go homes to fit more military, or can go really heavy banks to actually afford much higher wages, and likely higher GS/tgs/WTs or some combination of the 6.

And lastly, I'd pick avian because a perfectly played avian can kill an orc fairly easily by using its attack time. Introduce chaining in the mix, chain the orc's dspecs away, and ninja 20x its offense once its home is the only true way to prevent either side from 4-5x'ing eachother.

I like orc cleric much better than orc warrior. It allows the orc military to keep up with the avian military, it already starts stronger, and that allows it to keep hitting enemy support provinces much easier and often, which is really the key to the wars at those size, being able to hit the unbreakables.
    Last edited by flogger; 25-09-2013 at 05:01.

What kingdom would you say currently has the best build as we get into the middle of the age. What makes their build good for the middle, well they be able to compete late age?
    My life is better then yours.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by goodz View Post
    What kingdom would you say currently has the best build as we get into the middle of the age. What makes their build good for the middle, well they be able to compete late age?
    I'd take fratzia with their sages, can go A/T and wreck everyone else's scienceless core. Doubt they push for #1 as it would require more whoring than I imagine they will want to go.
    Last edited by flogger; 01-10-2013 at 18:56.

Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    I'd take fratzia with their sages, can go A/T and wreck everyone else's scienceless core. Doubt they push for #1 as it would require more whoring than I imagine they will want to go.
    do you think sage is strong enough late age? It certainly seems the strongest early age.
    My life is better then yours.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by goodz View Post
    do you think sage is strong enough late age? It certainly seems the strongest early age.
    Sure, growth cap is already reached, non-sage isn't going to have much time to get sci this age.

Thread Information