Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by CPTK View Post
    That's stating the obvious. His question was how do you know the difference?
    That's an answer you'll likely not get from support. Not because they don't want to be helpful, but if cheaters don't know what support is looking for, they're more likely to be caught.

A good start is probably to have absolutely zero interaction.
    Never play in the same kingdom(because what is normally legitimate actions can look suspicious, especially if there's a pattern to them)
    Never hit the same provinces(even after the 24h cooldown it'll still look suspicious if it happens more than maybe once in an age)
    Never exchange intel(if prov X intels a province and province Y later hits the same province it'll look suspicious)
    Never hit each other(dunno if the game even permits that)

The list can be made longer but that's a start.
    Last edited by Elldallan; 26-01-2014 at 19:36.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by PhunkyPhishStyle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormon View Post
    Ideally, you guys should adjust your sleep schedules so all 3 of you play 1 province, log in every single tick.
    I concur.
    Bad advice.

This is definitely against the rules (account sharing) but much harder to prove. Still don't advise anyone to try as sooner or later you will be logging in from 3 different locations in hard to explain patterns.

Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post
    A good start is probably to have absolutely zero interaction.
    Never play in the same kingdom(because what is normally legitimate actions can look suspicious, especially if there's a pattern to them)
    Never hit the same provinces(even after the 24h cooldown it'll still look suspicious if it happens more than maybe once in an age)
    Never exchange intel(if prov X intels a province and province Y later hits the same province it'll look suspicious)
    Never hit each other(dunno if the game even permits that)

The list can be made longer but that's a start.
    Yeah, we didn't do any of that. She made a province and was put into a random kingdom. About two days later my province was deleted. I think it's all automated and provs from the same ip address are deleted by a program they run periodically. They say on here that they will restore provinces that were incorrectly deleted, but in practice they won't. It's too much work to sort out the cheaters from the people that happen to live together. But it's bad PR to admit that innocent people are punished.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    About two days later my province was deleted. I think it's all automated and provs from the same ip address are deleted by a program they run periodically. They say on here that they will restore provinces that were incorrectly deleted, but in practice they won't. It's too much work to sort out the cheaters from the people that happen to live together.
    You're presuming quite a bit. There's a healthy precedent of provinces being restored after getting wrongfully caught in a deletion sweep, you just need to show you didn't break any rules (such as, my wife just created an account and we haven't interacted...). I'm also pretty sure it's not automated.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    You're presuming quite a bit. There's a healthy precedent of provinces being restored after getting wrongfully caught in a deletion sweep, you just need to show you didn't break any rules (such as, my wife just created an account and we haven't interacted...). I'm also pretty sure it's not automated.
    You have a wife?

Are you married to this mannequin?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Careful now...

They claim it's not against the rules for two people to play from the same house, but basically it is.
    Its not. Many players are able to play and abide by the games rules without issue. They use separate devices, never interact etc.
    Sure enough, about two days later my province was deleted. I read on the forum that I could explain my situation and they would fix it, so I e-mailed the address given. The response accused me of being a cheater and said no provinces that are deleted will be restored.
    Here's the exact response, since you seem to be missing some key information.

Hello,

At least 3 accounts, including yours, were accessed from the same location. This resulted in automatic flagging and deletions of all accounts involved. We remind you that multiple accounts are not allowed and it is forbidden to access someone's account, or allow them to access yours. Persistent creation and deletion of accounts is also not allowed. Accounts removed will not be reinstated.

Regards,
    Utopia Support

Note that by "location" we don't mean city, state etc. We mean the exact same physical location - i.e the accounts were logged in from the same computer, in this case in the same browsing session.

Yeah, we didn't do any of that. She made a province and was put into a random kingdom. About two days later my province was deleted. I think it's all automated and provs from the same ip address are deleted by a program they run periodically. They say on here that they will restore provinces that were incorrectly deleted, but in practice they won't. It's too much work to sort out the cheaters from the people that happen to live together. But it's bad PR to admit that innocent people are punished.
    We absolutely restore provinces that were incorrectly deleted. That isn't the case here though. If you'd like to play with a housemate etc then you need to read the games rules and any linked material on this situation.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page |
    PM DavidC for test server access

Thread Information