Page 52 of 158 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: CR vs AMA

I'm going to repeat this again. Cause it was lost the past couple of ages. added some parts
    ------------------

Guys & Girls,

Hope everyone (be it whicever kingdom that you come from) take 3-4 mins to read through this post. This post contains honest and neutral thoughts and anyone and everyone is free to challenge them.

For those who have just started reading this thread, this is a quick update/recap.

-----------------------

Q. Was AMA right to dealbreak CR/Havoc and wave them before CF expiry date?

In terms of the CF conditions, it's considered a dealbreak by AMA because the CF hasnt expired itself. However, AMA do take responsibility for their action and said their purpose is to 'punish' CR/Haovc. There have been differing voices from AMA on whether they would be keeping their acres, whether they are doing this to crown etc.

AMA's members have their rationale for doing so, which will be explained in the next few pointers.

Q. Was CR/Havoc right to create this thread and call dibs on AMA 1+weeks in advance of possible notice date?

Technically speaking, there is nothing wrong as it can be seen with either good or bad intentions. CR could be giving AMA advanced information that a notice would be served and hence benefiting AMA, or CR could be trying to 'force' AMA into warring them and no other kingdom.

There has been many cases where Kingdom A will tell Kingdom B that they are going to be noticed (i.e for Pyros' case, Simians noticing Pyro, BB-Pyro arranged war (where a notice still needs to be sent) etc etc). I still think it's fine with the intention of telling Kingdom B to not do any shady shenanigans, but it is not fine if the advanced notice is meant to 'corner' Kingdom A.

What was CR's intention in this thread? It looks like a mixture of both intentions.

However, I do not think it's very wise to ****talk/thrashtalk an opponent before you get into a SECURED advantageous position yourself. ****-talking/thrash-talking is fine per-say as it adds more fun & laughter to the game... and said to the right audience (no problem, you can **** talk me it's fine :D i can take it!) But I feel that certain members of CR really did it at the wrong timing (probably kicking themselves in the head now :( )

Q. Why was AMA pissed? Is it justified?

Based on certain AMA's + CR's members post + what I can see,

- AMA was mainly pissed for the fact that CR wanted to call dibs on AMA first and said that CR would be hitting them on April 1st regardless of what is going to happen. AMA felt that they are being 'forced' to war with CR.
    - AMA also mentioned that they have a reset clause with CR (72hrs notice) that if AMA was involved in a hostile/war, this notice period has to be reset-ed. What happened was that AMA said that CR initially said that they are not willing to give an additional 72hrs notice if AMA were to war Pyro (i.e hitting AMA straight out of post-war is fine).
    - AMA was also pissed that the past couple of ages, they got **** played (from their point of view) and no action were taken to help them. Apparently, (just had a history lesson of uto), AMA was doubled by Havoc+Sanc 3 ages ago... and Havoc+Sanc leaders are currently playing in CR. With that being said, AMA+Simians+Pew+BB+SWEA? all ganged up to kill abs the following age (2 ages ago)

In the end, CR was willing to allow both AMA+Pyro to war each other and give 96hours post war notice for both kingdoms on the condition that AMA+Pyro cannot b2b and the winner cannot run from CR. This was about 3.5-4 days before possible notice date. (note: Thread was started about 8-9days before possible notice date) Pyro was fine with this, but AMA said that this offer came very late and that the ****-talk+threathening already caused a deep wound.. CR claimed that this offer did not come very late.

In addition, AMA claimed that CR only offered this after they saw the ghetto razes on AMA's cow which weakened AMA alot... and hence CR felt more confident. (and tbh ofc, Pyros also felt more confident after this.). It was to the point where I felt Pyros chances vs AMA jumped from 25% to 75% (after cow razes)

Q. So should AMA be 'punished' for dealbreaking CR?

AMA members already said they expected to be GB so it is assumed they know they will be 'punished'. The more important question here is that : is this a bias-ed GB on AMA? Considering the fact that there were many '****plays' the past few ages that went unpunished.

Q. So has AMA played a great age so far? What about CR? What about Pyros? (the 3 current front runners thus far)

AMA definitely played a wonderful age thus far. Warring to whoring. They managed to beat two reputable kingdoms (Pew+Rage) in b2b2b wars (RK-Pew-Rage) and were in disadvantageous positions in both wars (Pew+Rage). Their warring ability is definitely top class, if not the best in utopia. However, after the ghetto problems (razes from solo cows from a ghetto kingdom), AMA had close to zero chance of winning CR in a straight up 1v1 fight as of then, and the razes also considerably reduced AMA's chance of a win vs Pyros as of then. If they had somehow won Pyro + Havoc back to back, I am sure even the worst haters of AMA will also give AMA credit.

CR has also definitely played a wonderful age so far. Diplomacy to whoring. They set up long-terms CFs with several kingdoms and managed to pick up acres + pump science freely throughout the age. Warring a way to win in utopia, but diplomacy also works. Whether or not 'tax-ing' kingdoms like Simians to 'slow-down' PewPew/Pyro is 'fine', it is up to the individual opinon. Personally, I disliked CR for doing so (from a competitor's viewpoint) but I dont find anything 'wrong' with it.. This is because once again, CR played a diplomatic age and used their resources+strengths to acehive such leveraged deals.

What about Pyros? Compared to the two above kingdoms, we probably did not do that great in terms of warring compared to AMA (Legacy, Simians, BB were tough opponents but were nothing compared to what AMA faced... b2b2b wars with Pewpew+Rage)... and we probably did not do that well in diplomacy compared to CR.. It is true that our chances of winning the age was quite low before AMA 'dealbroke' CR... However, we were willing to take our chances to war AMA and CR b2b, and there were strategies/plans that we had to win both kingdoms.. Unfortunately, I would not be able to share these with the public now.

In addition, some may say that if Pyros were to win the crown now.. would it be legitimate? would it be fair? (give they had very low chances...). I would say it is fair and legitmate. Why? Take the analogy of a chess game, Pyros is probably a Queen down and in a massively disadvantaged position... However, they are not lost yet. They can be patient and hope for a 'mistake' from the opponents to provide an opening. In this case, this 'mistake' came from AMA waving Havoc and hence providing a possible opening..

With that being said, Pyros will not take full advantage of this situation. We will take some advantage and get into a better position than we had before (before AMA waved CR), but it will be capped. Only time will tell if we stay true to our words. In addition, if we were to just whore up during CR-AMA conflict, and CR-AMA were to have a 1v1 fight, there would be zero chance that we can actually be on par with AMA after their huge cows+ww land bonus + huge acres. More importantly, this would mean that Pyros support this dealbreak/**** play and our stance is against such stuff. Not acting against this means we tolerate such stuff, that's a no.

Trust me, Pyros have many players who do not give a **** about crowning. They would like have it, but if they dont get it they wont whine, and if they get it unfairly they wont want it. I have players who will abandon if they see leadership doing ****play.

In closing, there's a slight possibility that AMA is too strong a kingdom, and that there needs for many kingdoms to bring them down.. Because the strongest are usually the most hated. and they usually do not win. I believe this is what players in AMA believe, but it's up to the community to decide if this is true or not. I am indifferent on this

-------------

Once again, feel free to rebutt any of my points. Have a nice day!

Cheers
    cJ

-----

PS: if you want tldr cliff notes version. TOO BAD DONT HAVE

tldr: #YOLO!
    Last edited by TheOne; 18-02-2014 at 20:30.

Utopia is just social text-based chess/poker/starcraft/trading
    There is only 1 important strategy in Utopia. Game Theory

Age 57-63 : Pyromaniacs co-leader
    Age 64: Retired ghetto (Sillies)
    Age 65: Retired warring ghetto (Sillies X)

To be continued...

-
    Dont be a retail investor/trader. You will lose shinies.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Elit View Post
    I asked you for help if they double hostile us not for controll them. Its not hard to stand for "fair play" and say you will help.
    Like you told simians you would hit SWEA, backed off and left your ally to rot dealing behind simian's back?

so who is going to crown now?
    My life is better then yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    Easy logic
    1. Your kd 2v1ed ama completely unprovoked few ages ago.
    2. This age you call dibs, serve botice in advance tell us not to fight anyone else and that you will hit regardless if we do.
    3. Last minute you offer to war pyro with no b2b and we have to war you right after (being vultured by you)

Conclusion
    Instead of being 2v1ed by you or taking your deal where you can vulture us we punish you instead.

Logical question:
    If ama was not afraid of kd leagues above pyro in skill level and achievements that they ultimately win against (sanc, havoc/mercy, etc) why would they be afraid of pyro. If anything has been demonstrated this age is ama does not run and can win vs. anyone even when being in bad position.

1) CR, zauper, topsy, munk, fook, etc, or myself have never 2v1'ed anyone. Any deal has to go through us. It just wouldn't happen. I care more about my rep than a crown. If they came to me with a plan to 2v1 you, I'd quit on the spot. You know me. Can you recall one single instance where I've done something bad in utopia?
    2) This was mainly a joke thread along with all of the other "dibs threads" because you're in the kingdom and the dibs inventor so we thought it was funny although looking back we probably shouldn't have made it. We were planning on serving notice on Jan 1st and seeing what happened (if you were available April 1st). When it was clear that there was no stopping Pyro vs AMA, we:
    3) Offered you a deal to war pyro and have *8 days* to recoup to fight us. It wasn't last minute. It was like 1-2 days after this thread was made. How is 8 days vulture? I could rebuild my entire kd in 8 days. BB offered us 8 days after we fought AMA 3 rounds ago and it was universally recognized as "flogger being a nice guy."
    Sure the odds weren't much in your favor, but 8 days or 16 days wouldn't have changed it. We had huge sci/gold adv on you and it wouldn't have changed. We earned our better position through diplomacy while you warred. Your complaints that "this is not fair" well duh man.. every fight in utopia isn't always fair. I know that being former Abs and not being used to fighting B2B wars is tough because you usually had someone block, but I've been doing this for 40 rounds now, bro. Man up. You can't just dealbreak when the going gets tough.

Conclusion: not only is there 0 history of CR's leadership of dealbreaking/2v1s, we offered you the deal you wanted. Anyone reading this can note that I would never ever agree to a dealbreak or a 2v1. I hope I've made myself clear.

Logical question: Fair point. I'm not sure of the answer to that question. It did seem from the intel that you would probably lose or narrowly win. I'm not sure why you squandered your chance to win by dealbreaking. Personally there was a small part of me rooting for you guys to pull off the complete round win. Real talk, I would have been the first to congratulate you.

Another logical question, Proteus: When does this current CR team no longer responsible for something from 4 rounds ago? Didn't we pay our dues already 3 rounds ago even though the leaders weren't a part of it and it was just the kd name? Like will we all be 40 years old still arguing about this?
    Last edited by Godly; 18-02-2014 at 20:41.
    "Godly, you do realized that you have just sealed your faith now, right?"

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by American Badass View Post
    Like you told simians you would hit SWEA, backed off and left your ally to rot dealing behind simian's back?
    lol :)

Veteran
    Considering I have crowns leading my own kds and you do not I can talk to you about crowns all day and night skipper. Ama has every right to punish havoc for past ****play which is none of your business as you haven't been around or even involved in any of this. Second everyone knows you had 0% chance of beating havoc, even your allies admit it who I have spoken to during these events. If you win this age it is only because we hit havoc, bottom line.
    I agree with this, it will not matter who ll end up #1 this age. The age will not have a true winner due to this. Put yourself in the shoes of the 'so called alliance'. We cant let you guys end first after a dealbreak like you pulled, it would basicly allow all the ****play in the upcoming ages. Lets just all see this as a lost age and try to play with more decency next round as the utopia community.
    My former contribution to a kingdom known by many names
    [ Palindromes - Stuck inside my head - Dinner is Served - Doom & Bloom Seed Co. - Foxtonomy - First Impressions ]

=^..^= SPGC !! =^..^=
    It is I the Three Musketeers, Alpacahontas, Appetitical ManiaC, Twerk it Harder Make it Better

"\*.Pyromaniacs.*/"

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by goodz View Post
    so who is going to crown now?
    Pyro is going to win crown this age. Was predicted from me yr 1 can provide logs when back home :)
    Next age pyro going to pay price for join gb how i promised cj and nesta.
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Pyro is going to win crown this age. Was predicted from me yr 1 can provide logs when back home :)
    So what, you expected to keep those acres & win the crown?

I really think you guys thought you would get away with it!
    Confucius Say
    It's all right to sit on your pity pot every now and again. Just be sure to flush when you're done.

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanoize View Post
    I agree with this, it will not matter who ll end up #1 this age. The age will not have a true winner due to this. Put yourself in the shoes of the 'so called alliance'. We cant let you guys end first after a dealbreak like you pulled, it would basicly allow all the ****play in the upcoming ages. Lets just all see this as a lost age and try to play with more decency next round as the utopia community.
    We get this kind **** play past 4 ages every age. Deal break, Double hostile, Farm out, friends for raze us and much more. Part from kds involved in this kds was kd pull this **** play because they cant win fair.
    About legitimates on crown this age. Yes its wont be real win if pyro win its why you will win. Pyro had zero chances to win it proper ever if you had war with AMA and won it. You still cant beat havoc in 1vs1 afrer it. DMG from war with us and time you hav left for prepare is not enough for meet kd pump 8 weeks. Its same for us if we have won war vs pyro. Reall losser there is Havoc for try power play us and secure his win when its was already sure win.
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

― Frank Herbert, Dune

Considering I have crowns leading my own kds and you do not I can talk to you about crowns all day and night skipper. Ama has every right to punish havoc for past ****play which is none of your business as you haven't been around or even involved in any of this. Second everyone knows you had 0% chance of beating havoc, even your allies admit it who I have spoken to during these events. If you win this age it is only because we hit havoc, bottom line.
    Keep living in the past....

We all start at 400 acres (see for yourself, check your kingdom page), and in the end...you don't get to play with the cool kids anymore. Now that is the bottom line.
    Last edited by Palem; 18-02-2014 at 22:52.

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    So what, you expected to keep those acres & win the crown?

I really think you guys thought you would get away with it!
    Told CJ. Go war havoc atm when both kds are same size almost. If you win war you can win age legit. We will let pyro finish n1. Was simple. You need to war at least 1 from main competitors and win for deserve your age win.
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

― Frank Herbert, Dune

Enthusiast
    I'm sure you'll take us all out to exact your revenge for your ****play right? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    I'm sure you'll take us all out to exact your revenge for your ****play right? Lol.
    We almost already took every KD out that is currently GBing us this age. Maybe next we can do all

Post Fiend
    What if Pyro and others decide to give throne to CR after a huge GB!
    That would be a pretty nice turnaround!
    And mad respect for everyone involved + Deal break wouldnt have done anything expect lots of emotions and see the true colors of people!

Anyway, we are at the half of the movie right now and except being out of popcorn again, this has prooved to be an amazing movie so far! bad guys, good guys, sore loosers, whinning, backstabbing, heros, action, emotions, EVERYTHING is there!

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Binar View Post
    Clear FW
    Not so sure anymore :P

Thread Information