Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Half Super Thief war build

shadoweminence - that is what I've been trying to convince my KD of...prop can be really powerful!

Enthusiast
    RIP rogue :( You were the best!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by noobium View Post
    If I only have to worry about 2-3 rogues, I wouldn't be so worried about wt. 2-3 rogues, especially halfling rogues, are easy enough to isolate and ignore. Faery rogues are much more dangerous.
    Yea my experience this age was running 0 WT against I think 3 halfer rogues and we chained one and just destroyed the other 2 with ops before they could effectively take a mystic out.

Then we went against 2 active faery rogues and over 48 hours they dropped an elf with 0 WT from 6 or 7 raw WPA to 2.5 ish WPA =) yuk...

Like I said, we opted for faery, 5 def elites + Full spell book +30% op damage pretty hard to pass up. We killed the halfers with tornado & FB effectively nuking all their land and population, a faery would at the very least force you to MV them to remove RM, at best they could sit and RM + MA and just be a general pain in the a- to do any hour by hour damage ops to.
    #jesters
    - === Interested in joining? === -

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cry0 View Post
    Yea my experience this age was running 0 WT against I think 3 halfer rogues and we chained one and just destroyed the other 2 with ops before they could effectively take a mystic out.

Then we went against 2 active faery rogues and over 48 hours they dropped an elf with 0 WT from 6 or 7 raw WPA to 2.5 ish WPA =) yuk...

Like I said, we opted for faery, 5 def elites + Full spell book +30% op damage pretty hard to pass up. We killed the halfers with tornado & FB effectively nuking all their land and population, a faery would at the very least force you to MV them to remove RM, at best they could sit and RM + MA and just be a general pain in the a- to do any hour by hour damage ops to.
    Yeah, halfers need high WPA to be effective, another reason not to run too many ospecs--there's not enough space to run too many ospecs and still be safe. A halfer who is fireballed will run out of econ to sustain their TPA. In a long war though, halfers with half thief cost will be better than faery rogues, especially since you can lose 10-15% of your thieves each time you blanket riot

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by topsy's revenge View Post
    RIP rogue :( You were the best!
    Rogue is fine, people just need to learn to train thieves during war, and think about who they target. Trading another personality bonus for effectively 33% extra thief damage is not too bad by itself, so long as the Rogue is always able to op something useful. AW is nice and is the main reason someone would really want rogues, but sometimes the most useful ops are the easiest ones like robbery and kidnap.

The two strongest Rogues (and the only Rogues that are really viable) are capable of doing things besides thievery, and for Faeries there are two other good personality picks for most kingdoms. One of those is not war hero (anything that locks a Faery into an attack role is pretty bad), one is a personality that is picked out of necessity and faeries are the least-bad or second least-bad option, and the other good personality lacks most of the utility of the other two good personalities. Halflings in contrast have a lot of personality options, and even their worst personality pick is still decent (at least as decent as a halfling gets).

Still, the only reason I would want a halfling instead of something else is if I had a long-term plan involving offensive thievery, and picking rogue is the best modifier to offensive thievery in the long term. Other personalities might be better economically or militarily, but a rogue's military weakness does not shut them out of attacking and sustaining economically; other personalities cannot get extra stealth or rogue ops though. I'd still only want halfer/rogues if I were willing to run enough of them, throw resources at them to build them up, plan kingdom strategy around them, and of course I was in a kingdom that could use rogue ops effectively in the first place. That last and most important point is pretty much a lost cause for a lot of ghetto dwelling kingdoms.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by shadoweminence View Post
    Yeah, halfers need high WPA to be effective, another reason not to run too many ospecs--there's not enough space to run too many ospecs and still be safe. A halfer who is fireballed will run out of econ to sustain their TPA. In a long war though, halfers with half thief cost will be better than faery rogues, especially since you can lose 10-15% of your thieves each time you blanket riot
    idk, 3-3.5ish wpa is about the natural limit before they run out of space for military. I assumed very conservative numbers and left an extra pez/acre and soldier/acre, where most strategies would have that 2 ppa accounted for. A halfling with better honor and science can put up better static numbers, and halflings in better kingdoms don't have to worry as much about being militarily strong. If I wanted to min-max the halfling, I'd drop them to near-zero peasants/acre and run those numbers instead of the standard 5ppa, and say how awesome I am, but all that says is that I know how to use windows calculator. I could theoretically build a 140 dpa halfling, but that province is worth jack and **** without support - moreso than a faery or any other type of province.

too much wpa without science and honor levels becomes problematic, if that wpa is purely intended for defense. one good thing about a halfling is that they have an effective counter to fireballing and meteors - pile of soldiers + aggression, or pile of soldiers + spec credits. tornadoes and vortex are far more problematic, but the worst situation for a halfling is to be chained or massacred outright.

Forum Fanatic
    noobium I don't know what realm of the game your analysis is mostly based. But faery wh is very good.

The Jerks.

Forum Fanatic
    wh implies that the province will attack, and while faeries can attack it isn't always useful to do so. (opposed to halfling, which usually does attack and really benefits from training bonuses due to how much they need to be fed...)

Enthusiast
    fae/wh is probably the best turtle attacker choice this age, although elf/wh, half/wh, and hum/wh are also very solid for different thigns. That being said, elf/wh and fae/wh require lots of coordination whereas half/wh and hum/wh are pretty good independent of how good the kd is. The issue with rogue is that the people you want to op with rogue ops are exactly the targets that are hard to op. It used to be that going 70% on success or so on your ops was ok since you could still sustain, but now 70% success rate(which is really good. Against a decent kd success rate should be even lower on AW. Even most suicide core now a days will ahve 20% wt+cs and mystics will be even harder to op)will absolutely destroy you in a few waves when sending the amount necessary for good aw/prop results.

Thread Information