Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Nightmare vs FREE

Post Demon
    I am playing one of the Ha/Rogues in FREE. You appear to underestimate how broken watchtowers are. (They are the only reason you do not see A/t players any more). 45 vs 3 mod tpa? Who gives a ****, I have watchtowers.
    Agreed -_-

Tried to NS an UD/tact last war who had 10% WTs. MVed him 4 times but couldn't get CS off. Kinda silly he was bloated and on like 0.4 mod tpa, yet I failed 30-40% of my ops.

On Watchtowers -- I've mentioned this before. But the only way to have defense against Halfling/Rogues is to have WTs. Even then, you need to ensure you have good enough WPA to prevent nados from taking them...and good defense to ensure people can't raze or destroy them in some way...

Thanks Meeni! I love being all of you guys' "noobie" You still got a lot to teach me so hopefully your life stays cray cray enough for you to stick with us next age

EDIT: Unfortunately, there is almost 0 defense against an Elf/Mystic. BAWS TpA = get WTs...BAWS WpA -- better hope you can chain them or remove them quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    I just saw 25 faeries to.
    Really!?! *.* How could i missed that?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Meeni View Post
    If you wanna learn how to beat them properly, just follow this war closely and I'll explain more when we're done
    So this war has ended and not in the way you instructed me you would do so. What happened? I did warn you as I have warred Free several times over the past ages. They are a really solid kingdom with strong leadership. I am sure it was a great war for both sides win or lose and you guys were able to learn some new tactics along with a few things you would do differently in the future. Maybe next age we will see a re-match. I would just plan to war for a minimum of 10 days. Good luck with the rest of your age !

Quote Originally Posted by Dungeon View Post
    So this war has ended and not in the way you instructed me you would do so. What happened? I did warn you as I have warred Free several times over the past ages. They are a really solid kingdom with strong leadership. I am sure it was a great war for both sides win or lose and you guys were able to learn some new tactics along with a few things you would do differently in the future. Maybe next age we will see a re-match. I would just plan to war for a minimum of 10 days. Good luck with the rest of your age !
    Thanks for the good luck wishes. We lost - but not because of their solid strategy - but because of very drastic mistakes made that were all not intended or a part of our own strategy 1) a recent invite sent dragon during UF (instead of waiting for war) 2) I cancelled a dragon project because I didn't know dragon mechanics of NW size diff 3) I accidentally typo'd an extra number when sending at dragon and ended up suiciding all my defense at it. These three things alone were enough to cause a loss...probably against any KD...but against FREE, it was even worse.

Post Fiend
    lol, believe it or not those kind of mistakes do happen. Not usually the dragon being sent, but it does happen occasionally. I was actually rooting for you guys but I do love to see a good war. I think alot of us have made the mistake of suiciding dragons over the years. Glad to see good spirits though and I am sure we can all watch another good war in the future from you all. All the same there were probably other mistakes as well which contributed because a war is never decided just by one province. For the other kd to notice that a mistake has occurred is definitely a plus. Take it easy and enjoy the Cf, get some sleep lol.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Dungeon View Post
    Haha I sent a loooong explanation in the war forums on how the war was gonna play out with the strategies we respectively used. We missed our targets cause of lack of focus and individual choices. I'm used to dictatorship. Anyway, if you want me to copy paste I can pm ya

Quote Originally Posted by smercjd View Post
    Thanks for the good luck wishes. We lost - but not because of their solid strategy - but because of very drastic mistakes made that were all not intended or a part of our own strategy 1) a recent invite sent dragon during UF (instead of waiting for war) 2) I cancelled a dragon project because I didn't know dragon mechanics of NW size diff 3) I accidentally typo'd an extra number when sending at dragon and ended up suiciding all my defense at it. These three things alone were enough to cause a loss...probably against any KD...but against FREE, it was even worse.
    hmmm... my mistakes.

1) I hit off target once, on a wrong assumption. got ticked off by monarch.

2) I massacre and TM a target at the same time. got ticked off again, but for the right reason.

3) overestimated my def once and I got punished right down to 300 acres. who cares? cos I rebounded well to 1000 acres with good gains on a few TMs.

4)I aid to the dragon without clearing my -ve TB, stupid mistake because I just wanna get the dragon going.

and the list goes on. EVERYONE makes mistakes, I'm sure my teammates also made some. simply put, mistakes are bound to happen. for you guys to withdraw even when you guys are up in NW, acres with decent attackers, it's not nice to take away our win. To say we win only because of your mistakes seems like a far-fetch idea, like someone who is constantly in denial of the truth just because it hurts real deep.
    Last edited by shoottheburger; 23-09-2014 at 14:55.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    You're right, jumping into a war with a half-health dragon with the next one not even having began to be funded and 75% of the kd unprepared for war is exactly the same level of magnitude as funding the dragon instead of aiding.

We've already said repeatedly that you guys did a good job. We are not ignorant of this fact. The only ones turning this even remotely into a slight is your side.

God forbid a kd doesn't acknowledge the stellar play of free. Don't you guys have some ghetto to plunder out of your war into or something?
    Last edited by Palem; 23-09-2014 at 15:39.

Quote Originally Posted by shoottheburger View Post
    hmmm... my mistakes.

1) I hit off target once, on a wrong assumption. got ticked off by monarch.

2) I massacre and TM a target at the same time. got ticked off again, but for the right reason.

3) overestimated my def once and I got punished right down to 300 acres. who cares? cos I rebounded well to 1000 acres with good gains on a few TMs.

4)I aid to the dragon without clearing my -ve TB, stupid mistake because I just wanna get the dragon going.

and the list goes on. EVERYONE makes mistakes, I'm sure my teammates also made some. simply put, mistakes are bound to happen. for you guys to withdraw even when you guys are up in NW, acres with decent attackers, it's not nice to take away our win. To say we win only because of your mistakes seems like a far-fetch idea, like someone who is constantly in denial of the truth just because it hurts real deep.
    Lol - as Palem says...we're not denying that you guys are a good warring kingdom. I've said many many times over and over - "congratulations" "great job" etc...I even tried to join in the fun and use a quote you had on your banner about elves. All to establish mutual respect. But it seems like you guys love pointing fingers and making accusations...not sure why...but whatever people are people.

Hitting off target once, massacre once, you're either the orc or that human we chained that low...in either case - it wasn't about your choice on defense. We picked a target and shot you down, not your mistake. Sending gold to dragon instead of helping clear your TB...lol - if you're equating this to having a province basically slay 1/2 a dragon for you, another province slay another full dragon for you, and the BIGGEST province on the enemy KD accidentally (BY A TYPO) delete ALL of his defense to those little mistakes of an ALREADY chained province...then I really begin to wonder if you have any idea what you're talking about. lol

A similar level of mistakes would have been
    1 - you also send dragon pre-war (we would only have to slay 1/2 of it's health), meanwhile we send ours in war gaining the advantage of it's full health
    2 - You cancelled your gold dragon at the end, meanwhile we sent our 3rd
    3 - Your faery released all his defense, meanwhile I kept my huge NW/sci and continued pumping my entire KD

if you honestly can't say that these things weren't severe mistakes then you're confused about Utopia.
    That said...I can't ever claim that "we would have won" based on those 3 things alone...but it sure as hell would've gone a LOT differently had they.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by smercjd View Post
    But it seems like you guys love pointing fingers and making accusations...not sure why...but whatever people are people.
    Told ya so. FREE would get more respect if...

they would ever punch their weight and war some of the better warring kds

they would stop top feeding middling warring kds and acting like they pulled off the miracle on ice every time they win

they would stop getting so pissed and feeling they must extract revenge on every kd that thinks they are beating them with tons'o'acres when this is the FREE warring blueprint.

They know how to war, they are a long standing kd, but they are just such colossal douches about everything.

Veteran
    Wow, such toxicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Osaze View Post
    Wow, such toxicity.
    somehow, this reminds me of Brittany Spears... D:
    How could yoU!!!?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I don't care how much you dislike Brittany Spears, Toxic is a solid song.

Thread Information