Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Nightmare vs FREE

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Utopian View Post
    Told ya so. FREE would get more respect if...

they would ever punch their weight and war some of the better warring kds

they would stop top feeding middling warring kds and acting like they pulled off the miracle on ice every time they win

they would stop getting so pissed and feeling they must extract revenge on every kd that thinks they are beating them with tons'o'acres when this is the FREE warring blueprint.

They know how to war, they are a long standing kd, but they are just such colossal douches about everything.
    Better warring kds, like who?

When do we act like we pulled off some miracle? Quotes would be grand.

Extract revenge? I do not understand this statement. We war. Someone wins. We are done.

That is a rich statement when these and the in game war forums are spammed with asshole statements when a KD has the lead. It is always glorious to watch people eat their words.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Araqiel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peppie View Post
    The gloaty:

You guys started with:

- two more provinces (three at the start actually, but most of the war it was 22-24)
    - more peasants
    - WAY more science
    - more troops
    - more networth
    - more acres
    - knowledge of our strat
    - "a developing strategist of epic potential"

Veteran
    You know they don't read good Palem. Best to just let it go and we'll see them next age.

Veteran
    29 wars 27 wins since age 57. Still going strong!
    I don't know the current talley nor do I care, but with a record like this try your hand at FS or shinra, maybe sani, simians idk idc I have a feeling you know who the better warring kds are... I know for sure you have been called out for sandbagging in the past by Palem and others which gets you all riled up since you are a spade.

Lol palem is too fast I was gonna use that one too but here is another one just for you.

Most of our wars start because we have to fight an uphill battle vs a KD with more acres, nw, higher def, and/or more players. Only when the opponent feels that they have an advantage will they agree to war.
    Extract revenge? I do not understand this statement. We war. Someone wins. We are done.
    No you are not, you want to be commended for your win and you want the other kd to be sorry for their "mistreatment" of you. Generally this equates to their lack of understanding that acres dont win wars and instead of simply taking solice in the fact your kd has a solid grip on mechanics you always feel the need to feel slighted by this.

tldr: FREE has short mans syndrom to the max

It is always glorious to watch people eat their words.
    lmao, thanks for being yourself... and proving my point.

Post Fiend
    Legit question to free mostly (sry nm you look like a good kd but still new). Why can't you get 25 provs and go for warring in the upper tier warring kds? I just don't understand the reasoning of warring in the 20-24 provs, bashing kds and bragging about it? There is many good reasons to fight in the 20-24 provs warring range, most of them being either lack of time for utopia, wanting to just chill, building a new kd or gettho bashing. Sadly, after that many age staying at the 20-24 prov range and with your lv of play, I don't understand your goals/future goals except gettho bashing. Utopia would need more kds like you on 25 provs. There is a clear lack of 25 provs warring kd (and whoring kd too).

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RawStuff View Post
    Legit question to free mostly (sry nm you look like a good kd but still new). Why can't you get 25 provs and go for warring in the upper tier warring kds? I just don't understand the reasoning of warring in the 20-24 provs, bashing kds and bragging about it? There is many good reasons to fight in the 20-24 provs warring range, most of them being either lack of time for utopia, wanting to just chill, building a new kd or gettho bashing. Sadly, after that many age staying at the 20-24 prov range and with your lv of play, I don't understand your goals/future goals except gettho bashing. Utopia would need more kds like you on 25 provs. There is a clear lack of 25 provs warring kd (and whoring kd too).
    We ran as a 25 man kingdom for a very long time - then a huge chunk of the core moved over to AMA and we were 20 players. During this time we found it a lot easier to find wars, so we stuck there for a while. We've been trying to get bigger slowly (charts and player size) and actually right now I think we hit 25. Going to continue as normal and see what happens. The problem is we do not want to whore and we want to avoid all of the political crap that happens in the top 10. We hear enough of that from Cello - Burner & Co. Another issue is having zero experience in playing banks, in and out of war. This could be a rather large problem when facing the top. Huge failure ages (we would probably get farmed to hell and back if we tried raising a bank) usually tend to make players quit, especially new ones. We shall see what the future holds.
    Last edited by Araqiel; 23-09-2014 at 19:24.

Veteran
    I don't know the current talley nor do I care, but with a record like this try your hand at FS or shinra, maybe sani, simians idk idc I have a feeling you know who the better warring kds are... I know for sure you have been called out for sandbagging in the past by Palem and others which gets you all riled up since you are a spade.
    Neither do we. We just want war. I've never heard of Shinra, FS, Sani. We could have already warred, I don't know. We got beat last age, but I don't remember the kingdom name. We don't just war ghettos, it is a nice thought, but there are hardly any ghettos around any more. Nearly every war we have is a challenge now. At least it has been for at least 3 ages now.

Lol palem is too fast I was gonna use that one too but here is another one just for you.
    He is fast to make excuses about his failures too.

No you are not, you want to be commended for your win and you want the other kd to be sorry for their "mistreatment" of you. Generally this equates to their lack of understanding that acres dont win wars and instead of simply taking solice in the fact your kd has a solid grip on mechanics you always feel the need to feel slighted by this.
    It is just good to point out assholery, something we face every now and then. There was a thread from last age full of some nice quotes from an opponent in the war forum.

tldr: FREE has short mans syndrom to the max
    Overly aggressive because we aren't in the top 10. Is that what you mean? I don't get it.

lmao, thanks for being yourself... and proving my point.
    You are welcome.

Post Fiend

That is a rich statement when these and the in game war forums are spammed with asshole statements when a KD has the lead. It is always glorious to watch people eat their words.
    Kind of related to Rawstuff's point, but if you're facing kds who are gloating in the war forums and spamming about winning when they're really about to lose, you probably aren't facing the "better" kds. Just from the respect standpoint and having the ability to see how a war is going to play out.

Guess regularly winning wars down significant acres naturally limits your chances to war the "top" warring kds as they usually are up in top 30 for land due to winning wars even on acres or better and not land dropping.

Post Fiend
    We ran as a 25 man kingdom for a very long time - then a huge chunk of the core moved over to AMA and we were 20 players. During this time we found it a lot easier to find wars, so we stuck there for a while. We've been trying to get bigger slowly (charts and player size) and actually right now I think we hit 25. Going to continue as normal and see what happens. The problem is we do not want to whore and we want to avoid all of the political crap that happens in the top 10. We hear enough of that from Cello - Burner & Co. Another issue is having zero experience in playing banks, in and out of war. This could be a rather large problem when facing the top. Huge failure ages (we would probably get farmed to hell and back if we tried raising a bank) usually tend to make players quit, especially new ones. We shall see what the future holds.
    Not talking about whoring here, talking about warring against 25provs warring kds. The 25provs kds are not all propro but usually top warring kds are 25provs. Other top warring kds not on 25 provs usually are in "chilling age".

With all my warring and experience, i do have a problem understanding how a kd that is good at warring and that pull stats such as 5/5 end up on 30k, without land dropping. And if all your battle are "tight" then im doubting the quality of your warring kd all together. Sry to tell you that there is still a lot of ghettos around.

Also , in no mean is that a bashing on you or anything, but if you dont know who Shinra, FS and Sani are, then clearly you dont really have a goal of becoming a top warring kd but purely wanting to bash kds and have a nice ww record witch is ok, everyone can have their own goals.

Hope to see you move to 25provs war kd you seems like a fun (or not if you chain tms) opponent!

Needs to get out more
    I think this war exhibits with some evidence that FREE isn't dropping acres. I know peppie pointed this out in another thread, believe it or don't. If kingdoms are smart enough to wd before FREE takes acres then they wouldn't grow. I'm sure this isn't a constant, but Nightmare was high enough in charts to be considered mature. In other words, they wd before the acres were taken. Maybe they do drop acres, but it's not against the rules. War Monkeys are out there, so it's not necessarily safe. A look at the power charts should exhibit a number of capable war kingdoms in the vicinity.

To a degree we might look at focussed war kingdoms with the understanding that engaging their equals all age long would blast their alignment out of whack. As I'm a lower tier regular this seems to be a strategy many non-focussed war kingdoms aren't aware of. I've been with many that suffer the crippling of T/Ms then hobble through the remaining age.

I recall FREE losing to BoB( Into The Blue ) mid-age a few ages ago, so it's not necessarily FREE stalking ghettos exclusively. I'm not trying to defend FREE, as most of my happy-go-lucky relations are with Nightmare. I don't think they need my understanding. Just figured I'd voice what I've seen. I'm a fan of tagging and facing the consequences, but I'm also not in crown contention. It's not my style, but I get it.

PS: I feel smarter than a box turtle because I noted a similarity in AMAs bottom 3rd and FREEs alignment. I never knew FREE had an AMA exodus.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 23-09-2014 at 21:13. Reason: Misspelling peppie
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I don't care how much you dislike Brittany Spears, Toxic is a solid song.
    Dude - have you heard Melanie Martinez's version? OP

Post Fiend
    "I think this war exhibits with some evidence that FREE isn't dropping acres. I know peppie pointed this out in another thread, believe it or don't. If kingdoms are smart enough to wd before FREE takes acres then they wouldn't grow. I'm sure this isn't a constant, but Nightmare was high enough in charts to be considered mature. In other words, they wd before the acres were taken. Maybe they do drop acres, but it's not against the rules. War Monkeys are out there, so it's not necessarily safe. A look at the power charts should exhibit a number of capable war kingdoms in the vicinity."

Or this war show more evidence of the kds free is facing... that facing a kd like free you dont go bloating your attackers without controlling their tms... or facing any kind of kds actually... just show that unidimension that acres are a result of winning witch is not. It is throught war strat and leaders that you can beat that kinda setup and green leaders usually have problem seeing their kd loosing the acres battle, thinking they are losing the war. It is counterintuitive to loose acres and think you are winning when you dont have the experience. If indeed free is not land dropping that mean they have a beautiful strat to war soso kds. It's a strat that is also super effective in the bigger warring kds but that doesnt bring the same results in terms of land shifting.

"I think this war exhibits with some evidence that FREE isn't dropping acres. I know peppie pointed this out in another thread, believe it or don't. If kingdoms are smart enough to wd before FREE takes acres then they wouldn't grow. I'm sure this isn't a constant, but Nightmare was high enough in charts to be considered mature. In other words, they wd before the acres were taken. Maybe they do drop acres, but it's not against the rules. War Monkeys are out there, so it's not necessarily safe. A look at the power charts should exhibit a number of capable war kingdoms in the vicinity."

Or this war show more evidence of the kds free is facing... that facing a kd like free you dont go bloating your attackers without controlling their tms... or facing any kind of kds actually... just show that unidimension that acres are a result of winning witch is not. It is throught war strat and leaders that you can beat that kinda setup and green leaders usually have problem seeing their kd loosing the acres battle, thinking they are losing the war. It is counterintuitive to loose acres and think you are winning when you dont have the experience. If indeed free is not land dropping that mean they have a beautiful strat to war soso kds. It's a strat that is also super effective in the bigger warring kds but that doesnt bring the same results in terms of land shifting.
    Though I agree with you for the most part. There is a point at which acre domination CAN lead to victory. Maybe I'm still just a noob for thinking so...and it will likely make you lose honor in the long run...but I think a war win is still achievable if you massively win the acres.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by smercjd View Post
    Though I agree with you for the most part. There is a point at which acre domination CAN lead to victory. Maybe I'm still just a noob for thinking so...and it will likely make you lose honor in the long run...but I think a war win is still achievable if you massively win the acres.
    if you cant do anything with those acres then no. and the other kd would have no reasons to stop the war. Bloated acres on attackers with no peasants, clearly bad wpa/tpa at that point and no offense to break the TMs are not having any role at that point. They will just get farm their honor, will be bottom feeding hence not as much dmg as in NW range, wont have any economy advantge and will be a great LL targets for other chain targets.
    Thats why controlling their tms is always an important aspect of the early / pre war. If you cant build UB or make sure some of their tms are breakable then you wont win. After a few days those TMs UB will start attacking while staying UB, and fill those new acres with peasants that can now fund drakes or draft to repump their chainned provs.

Now if you can grow those acres sure. Or if you have the offense to mass or hit down those tms sure. but if you cant fill and defend those acres it doesnt bring u much.
    Last edited by RawStuff; 23-09-2014 at 22:43.

if you cant do anything with those acres then no. and the other kd would have no reasons to stop the war. Bloated acres on attackers with no peasants, clearly bad wpa/tpa at that point and no offense to break the TMs are not having any role at that point. They will just get farm their honor, will be bottom feeding hence not as much dmg as in NW range, wont have any economy advantge and will be a great LL targets for other chain targets.
    Thats why controlling their tms is always an important aspect of the early / pre war. If you cant build UB or make sure some of their tms are breakable then you wont win. After a few days those TMs UB will start attacking while staying UB, and fill those new acres with peasants that can now fund drakes or draft to repump their chainned provs.

Now if you can grow those acres sure. Or if you have the offense to mass or hit down those tms sure. but if you cant fill and defend those acres it doesnt bring u much.
    That's what I'm saying...once you get far enough ahead, the NW Diff really stops a LOT of those "control" ops. Then you start breaking free in the peasant race and start producing more gc/soldiers to either pump yourself or others.

Thread Information