Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Nightmare vs FREE

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by smercjd View Post
    ...honest question...how old are you?
    27 tomorrow, why do you ask? Because of the pink comic sans? I thought it was a fitting response to Palem's hissy fit.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Utopian View Post
    I do not play in Nightmare. I just see FREE doing their normal routine and felt like calling them on it. And for Araq here are some quotes you requested on oow pillage, your 1 russian oow pillager must multi. FREE was tagged as wolfpack btw.
    What is our 'normal routine'? Please, entertain.

Wolfpack are a different kingdom entirely, you really should stop making these accusations, you look like a complete nutter.

Ok captain semantics. I mean when grubby b says wolfpack in the quote he is referring to FREE.
    Who the hell is grubby g? Did he happen to post any evidence? POST SOME LOGS. PROVE YOUR WORTH, WORM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meeni View Post
    Maybe I had high expectations of what Nightmare would do, but I stand by my analysis posted. I responded to the scores of people that said "FREE would crush it with that strategy" and it's simply not (always) true. You can thank your kdmate Araqiel for calling us wimps in the 5th post with "all these advantages". Really? in pump build and 60% draft vs 80% draft is wimpery and tons of advantages?

FREE seems to be content with a losing strategy. As I showed you in the analysis, you can't go around playing the same thing expecting the same result time after time but have to assess the situation carefully.

I don't agree with the whining of some of my kd mates that "this mistake cost the war" or "these 3 things were it", no, a lot of mistakes together cost wars, but more than not, bad strategy costs wars; I know that as well as anyone.

However, you guys played recklessly and thoughtlessly. For a kd that holds itself in such high regard, that's something you should consider (see: peppie's most recent post). Yet, when I mentioned it and laid out the play-by-play, I got a lot of defensiveness and "we didn't suicide!" "this works, we don't need to change." The sad part is had you played correctly, war would've been over and Nightmare destroyed in 48 hours and you would've had much more acres, nw, and honor.

For a kd with such a long history, I'd think you'd come out once in a while to test yourselves against decent kds.

Beat top 10 and we can avoid saying "ghetto bashers", because fairly, from the whole list of kds I saw maybe 3-4 I encountered leading a ghetto and 1-2 I encountered in BiO (who rose through the ranks to ultimately win). Beat top 5 and you'll get that respect from me, but maybe I have high standards.
    You had more NW, sci, troops, acres and provinces. You had every advantage.

Recklessly? Our strat is not reckless, in fact it is probably the exact opposite, you are just too dense to evaluate it.

We are (were) #2 in honor after beating you guys, we destroyed your honor and science and it went to all the right places as far as we are concerned.

So you do not consider yourselves a decent KD? Your war record and honor rank this age are pretty handsome.

To be top 10 you have to whore. We war.

Veteran
    Everything has been explained, /thread. Clearly your goal here is to yell the longest and loudest sans having anything of substance to say.

Veteran
    Everything has been explained, /thread. Clearly your goal here is to yell the longest and loudest sans having anything of substance to say.
    I see nothing but fantasy. Anyway I'm leaving this thread, I will be busy bathing in Palem's tears for the foreseeable future.

Ok captain semantics. I mean when grubby b says wolfpack in the quote he is referring to FREE.
    Yes he did and it was made clear later in that thread that the kd was FREE and not Wolf Pack.
    In this case "semantics" matter as Wolf Pack was a completely different kingdom. I don't know if they used shady tactics like plundering oow, FREE surely did so the blame should be laid where it belongs.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Veteran
    This thread and that thread have nothing to do with the kd wolfpack other then the name mistake and anyone reading either this thread or that one knows it. The only way I can imagine this concerning you in any way is if you play in wolfpack and are afraid your kds name is somehow getting attached to all of this, which it is not in the slightest...

As an outsider looking in, all I remember was Nightmare trash talking FREE... And now I came back to check who won and .... Well the rest is history.

Well played
    Redwood Originals ~Lowriders for life

Needs to get out more
    There is a learning curve if you haven't faced some of the more focal war kingdoms. It's my belief the kitchen sink tactics are necessary vs some of the other competitors. You can see the experience for FREE because they only dialed up what was necessary. This isn't to belittle Nightmare. Despite the experience of individuals, it's the whole of the kingdom that now have experience in one of these type of wars. This is good. Winning is better, but this is good.

You can war all over the lower tier and while there are some variations they tend to war in ways that are easy to recover from. I won't 'out' the war kingdoms or quasi-war kingdoms I know who will get ruthless. If I'm in a kingdom facing a real war kingdom I try to express the danger involved. I don't mind, I enjoy playing like a butcher. It's that a lot of these kingdoms haven't seen the likes of crushing chains and eviscerated t/ms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by Araqiel View Post
    27 tomorrow, why do you ask? Because of the pink comic sans? I thought it was a fitting response to Palem's hissy fit.

What is our 'normal routine'? Please, entertain.

Wolfpack are a different kingdom entirely, you really should stop making these accusations, you look like a complete nutter.

Who the hell is grubby g? Did he happen to post any evidence? POST SOME LOGS. PROVE YOUR WORTH, WORM.

You had more NW, sci, troops, acres and provinces. You had every advantage.

Recklessly? Our strat is not reckless, in fact it is probably the exact opposite, you are just too dense to evaluate it.

We are (were) #2 in honor after beating you guys, we destroyed your honor and science and it went to all the right places as far as we are concerned.

So you do not consider yourselves a decent KD? Your war record and honor rank this age are pretty handsome.

To be top 10 you have to whore. We war.
    No just curious (about age)

As far as whoring...I have no idea how that even works. But I don't think we've done that. Most (if not all) our honor came from wars. The reason we say we knew your strategy from the beginning is because we warred against a KD and did almost the exact same thing (EDIT: Same strategy as you used on us). We got a lot of honor from them and a very STRANGE war after that (where they massacred about 50x and anon'd almost every trad march) landed us that high in honor - but VERY short on wizards.

So thanks for the compliment! ^_^
    Last edited by smercjd; 24-09-2014 at 21:10.

so.... i play in free. we won you lost. grats for the war. was a cool war imo.

so... what is all about these 13 pages of trash talking? started reading it and got sick of it really fast after reading the first posts about how cool NM are and how free is gonna bite the dust.... enough... no more reading...

again, good war NM, unfortunately u lost. c ya again, maybe war next age.

Quote Originally Posted by smercjd View Post
    Though I agree with you for the most part. There is a point at which acre domination CAN lead to victory. Maybe I'm still just a noob for thinking so...and it will likely make you lose honor in the long run...but I think a war win is still achievable if you massively win the acres.
    yeap! I agree with you to a certain extent. Previously, I have warred AGAINST FREE before, my old KD tried to force them so small to 50% of our size for an auto win. but we couldn't manage it till FREE turn it around with their peasants recovery as a whole KD. Instead of acre domination, NW domination can actually force a victory!

Quote Originally Posted by peppie View Post
    Nightmare publicly humiliated us. If you - without asking our permission - air this war in the public forums and boast about how you're going to force us to withdraw and take all honour, that is humiliating. If we had lost this I could well have lost a few of my newer players who would lose faith in my leadership, because "how could I be so stupid picking such a hard target".
    I couldn't agree more on this. If we had lost this, I would definitely put the blame on him for picking such a tough and handicapped fight. And their thrash talking only motivate me further to inflict as much pain as possible, giving me that added motivation to wake up earlier than usual to clock in my uniques.Victory just make it even more sweeter in the end. Not that we pull off a miracle, but that we can win even when the odds are against us. The mistakes Nightmare have made should be more or less take away the handicap they have over us during the start of war. But perhaps, we shouldn't have warred them since now, we are being accused of bullying ghettos? I'm not complaining as the honor and science gains I got from the war win is MASSIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by Meeni View Post
    Maybe I had high expectations of what Nightmare would do, but I stand by my analysis posted. I responded to the scores of people that said "FREE would crush it with that strategy" and it's simply not (always) true. You can thank your kdmate Araqiel for calling us wimps in the 5th post with "all these advantages". Really? in pump build and 60% draft vs 80% draft is wimpery and tons of advantages?

FREE seems to be content with a losing strategy. As I showed you in the analysis, you can't go around playing the same thing expecting the same result time after time but have to assess the situation carefully.

I don't agree with the whining of some of my kd mates that "this mistake cost the war" or "these 3 things were it", no, a lot of mistakes together cost wars, but more than not, bad strategy costs wars; I know that as well as anyone.

However, you guys played recklessly and thoughtlessly. For a kd that holds itself in such high regard, that's something you should consider (see: peppie's most recent post). Yet, when I mentioned it and laid out the play-by-play, I got a lot of defensiveness and "we didn't suicide!" "this works, we don't need to change." The sad part is had you played correctly, war would've been over and Nightmare destroyed in 48 hours and you would've had much more acres, nw, and honor.
    To be honest, I don't really care about your analysis because there's no depth to it. Sorry for being honest. You can say that to my old KD, they were a good bunch, trying to break free from the ghettos. Their war strategy works easily for quick wars, very hard attacks so early that they can get war wins in min time. They didn't crumble against FREE. But FREE's strat is more about being efficient, going for the win instead of trying to win as fast as possible. I still can't see how that is reckless. Acres and NW can be farmed, we already get lotsa honours off Nightmare already. seen how high we are in the charts? Hopefully, that'll attract the top KDs' attention eh?

Losing strategy but perfect 100% war wins? LOL at the irony.

Veteran
    All I really wanted to do was give you some advice as someone who has led and warred the best of the best. I've had perfect wars against MUCH better kds, and I've lost in wars where mistakes simply couldn't be made and a timing mistake tilted the war.

As a kd that may have some potential (and again, I don't know much about you guys or your history), just letting you know that that strategy you employed, against a better kd, would get you farmed out. The fact that you barely beat out a kd where the monarch has 1 age experience and going in war mode vs pump mode is an even bigger joke.

To tell me that my analysis has no depth (when I showed you the play by play) is such nonsense. Round and round in circles you go, but you guys are FREE to be a ghetto forever If you wanted to be annoying, you definitely succeeded. Forgive me for trying to be helpful!

Here an advice, don't bother giving advice to someone that has not asked for it. Only makes you look like a douche.... wait.... that's what I.... oh shi---

Nightmare...heres a funny idea,why dont we war now? forget next age of trying to find each other,and you guys are obviously keen to war us again. So heres your chance,lets war now? we will see if FREE`s strat is indeed as retarded as you said, if you guys have indeed lost merely cause of your mistakes and us capitilizing them. and above all this war we can all show how dignified and cordial we all are, and wont use trash talk,but we`l be very nice and civil as we whoop each others asses. so lets scheduele round 2 in the next few days Nightmare, and not at some obscure date in the future that will never come to pass? Gauntlet is thrown...anybody cares to pick it up?
    Last edited by Eli; 28-09-2014 at 07:19.

id support this. How about war in four days, Nightmare?
    FREE

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    How can I razekill your people OOW if you're at war with me though? =\

Thread Information