Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Emeriti vs Jerks vs LCN vs Alice

Post Fiend
    Wow that's dense Liam Neeson...

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaSeaFoam View Post
    I've tried to avoid ...
    Why is this thread still going? It should of been closed after this comment from ASF.

Palem, do your job properly or I'm gonna have to sack you in the nuts

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Idk when this idea that threads are closed when conflicts are resolved started popping up, but that has never the policy around here lol

Forum Fanatic
    But if I were to bump a thread from 3 years ago it would be. Watch.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    When people stop posting in threads it dies. I'm not going to stop people from posting in threads that are driving traffic. That's just poor business.

If you want a thread to die and go away, stop posting in it, and it'll prolly go away soon.

Regular

Victory

Seems we won...

*palem is right let things die on their own

Hell yea we won! BOOOOOOOOOOOOM :D

Congrats :)
    Did you pick honor or land bonus?
    It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.

Regular
    honour

Forum Addict
    I think jerks have been in the position where they bullied other kd's in the past, alot of kd's have chosen not to war jerks and jerks have continued hitting them inspite of that. I've never ran from a war so whatever i've lost in a war is way less than what u will lose from nonstop free hits or entering into hostile with another kd. It's how leadership evaluates it's options.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by American Badass View Post
    Pyro gained alot of experienced players from Land/Nw growth kds, mainly from HoH. Credit to them for doing so but if you look at their roster, it is probably significantly different to when they was a warring kingdom 4/5 ages ago :P
    Most of my players that joined them only had the whoring experience i trained them for 2 ages. Only Procy/Megas, was the exception having played in a lot of abs kds. And they only have 3-4 left of my ex-players anyway.

The vets like megas, hengz, etc wouldn't have ever joined Pyro. In essence a majority of my roster was trained from scratch for the last 2 ages I lead, I had very few experienced crowned or whoring players, when HoH almost died we had 5 players that clicked stay with kd. Ravenant, Hengz, Canny, stephen & a girl which were very experienced none of the vets joined Pyro.

Ares - Recruited my ex player
    Stephen_Long - - Remaining HoH player
    Unnecessary - Recruited
    Repulse - Recruited
    Ravenant - - Remaining HoH player
    Itchm - Recruited
    Borak - Recruited old HoH players
    Tak3shi
    MD - Recruited old HoH players
    Mac - Recruited
    Ark - Recruited my ex player
    Danz - Recruited my ex player
    Spliff - Recruited
    Eldrak|bot - Recruited
    Canny - Remaining HoH player
    Vera - Remaining HoH player
    Unos - Recommendation from Nickmi
    DP - Ex player
    Hengz - - Remaining HoH player
    Ric - Recruited old HoH player
    Bartlebee - Random
    Ting - Recruited
    Sarge - Recruited
    Rocky - Recommendation from Nickmi
    M32 - Recruited
    Frozy - Recruited
    Asteria - Recruited
    ShadyH - Recruited
    Megas - Recruited
    Procy - Recruited

When I look back I wondered how I even managed to fill up 25 from 5-6 provinces and kill all the randoms in the few weeks, train the newbies and still chart decently. It's probably one of the most ridiculous leadership assignments I've ever taken on. The KD that had the way better roster was Jerks which inherited a lot of the ex-hoh players that had disagreements with ravenant and left the kd.
    Last edited by tak3shi; 17-01-2015 at 15:28.

Quote Originally Posted by tak3shi View Post
    Most of my players that joined them only had the whoring experience i trained them for 2 ages. Only Procy, was the exception having played in a lot of abs kds. And they only have 3-4 left of my ex-players anyway.

The vets like megas, hengz, etc wouldn't have ever joined Pyro. In essence a majority of my roster was trained from scratch for the last 2 ages I lead, I had very few experienced crowned or whoring players, when HoH almost died we had 4 players that clicked stay with kd. Ravenant, Hengz, Canny, stephen & a girl which were very experienced none of the vets joined Pyro.

Ares - Recruited my ex player
    Stephen_Long - - Remaining HoH player
    Unnecessary - Recruited
    Repulse - Recruited
    Ravenant - - Remaining HoH player
    Itchm - Recruited
    Borak - Recruited old HoH players
    Tak3shi
    MD - Recruited old HoH players
    Mac - Recruited
    Ark - Recruited my ex player
    Danz - Recruited my ex player
    Spliff - Recruited
    Eldrak|bot - Recruited
    Canny - Remaining HoH player
    Vera - Remaining HoH player
    Unos - Recommendation from Nickmi
    DP - Ex player
    Hengz - - Remaining HoH player
    Ric - Recruited old HoH player
    Bartlebee - Random
    Ting - Recruited
    Sarge - Recruited
    Rocky - Recommendation from Nickmi
    M32 - Recruited
    Frozy - Recruited
    Asteria - Recruited
    ShadyH - Recruited
    Megas - Recruited

When I look back I wondered how I even managed to fill up 25 from 5-6 provinces and kill all the randoms in the few weeks, train the newbies and still chart decently. It's probably one of the most ridiculous leadership assignments I've ever taken on. The KD that had the way better roster was Jerks which inherited a lot of the ex-hoh players that had disagreements with ravenant and left the kd.
    It’s true we had the better roster vs you, but even so we didn’t really whore up properly. The whole age was about hunting acres non stop and we never took the time to pump sci or wpa like we should. I am not 100% sure, but I think we warred twice in age 60 where we won both, but iirc we gained big on cows and gained on core in the 1st war (not counting ww bonus) and actually went minus acres for core during the 2nd war (but our cows still gained decent+ ww bonus). We also had some serious clashes on irc / ingame that age, that's for sure. The diplo was terrible and it was influenced more by bad feelings towards eachother, then actual diplo. That's why we initially turned down your cf offer and demanded more acres (the HoH contingent in the kd were not really happy about cf’ing you).

Overall though, I respected you for trying to keep the kd alive, despite the hardships you faced. When I saw you taking #1 spot early in the age I thought “wtf I thought they would roll over and die”… but you didn’t, even though you had trouble winning your fights you still tried to stay strong.

You made our age interesting that's for sure 
    It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCurious View Post
    It?s true we had the better roster vs you, but even so we didn?t really whore up properly. The whole age was about hunting acres non stop and we never took the time to pump sci or wpa like we should. I am not 100% sure, but I think we warred twice in age 60 where we won both, but iirc we gained big on cows and gained on core in the 1st war (not counting ww bonus) and actually went minus acres for core during the 2nd war (but our cows still gained decent+ ww bonus). We also had some serious clashes on irc / ingame that age, that's for sure. The diplo was terrible and it was influenced more by bad feelings towards eachother, then actual diplo. That's why we initially turned down your cf offer and demanded more acres (the HoH contingent in the kd were not really happy about cf?ing you).

Overall though, I respected you for trying to keep the kd alive, despite the hardships you faced. When I saw you taking #1 spot early in the age I thought ?wtf I thought they would roll over and die?? but you didn?t, even though you had trouble winning your fights you still tried to stay strong.

You made our age interesting that's for sure 
    We planned well and strat well too that was the initial reasons we got no.1 as we simulated for OOP well but we had players issues being a new kd throughout the age, I also misjudged Fratzia/Sleepy as I always had good relations with Hesus I didn't think they would jump us and allow no.1 AMA/Havoc? to pump freely as I thought we would stale mate each other. Also we had an ex-player who supposedly sold us out when we got waved telling revealing information that caused the wave which we had to raze kill as he wouldn't abandon.

My mistake was that we should have warred them instead of giving them a free wave, Hengz & Megas agreed to jumping you guys after you explored when someone mentioned that you guys were fat from exploring and just entered Fort. We did that in haste because of the fort window but I'd take the blame even if the council agreed to the decision because when you whore your millitary barely keeps up with your land gains and it was in an even worse shape after Sleepy wave as we hadnt pumped at all. While you were pumping pumping in fort and didnt retal us our kd got opped while you prepared so we were in terrible shape, banks with no peasants to pump while you were in excellent shape pumping in fort after 4 days before waving us. We tried giving you acres for a cf but apparently there was bad blood between us and we had to war, without prep our kd was basically an acre shell after getting opped without much millitary we had no gold to pump and no peasants, that was the reason you won the 1st war.

While playing the age we had numerous player issues rocky being one of them and at various stages we wanted to raze her but I thought I could manage her and survive because to kill a bank would totally kill our top chances, I fancied my chances on an equal bank ratio but not being outnumbered as the kd was still new. So that was my fault, though i'd like to blame nickmi for praising her abilities which were non existent :P

We also had provinces giving ops to t/m kds which killed my bank i got fb'ed to <5k peasants at one point, again a learning experience for the kd by the time the kd got in proper sync that was when we warred you the 2nd time when u were 120% larger than us with bank advantages.

I would say the kd managed to play well and apply the strats we had so we could come up with + acres wd, wasn't perfect but it was a start then AMA vultured us being 125% larger with large tm's and bank superiority, that was bad for morale and the kd wanted to run or donate acres to Havoc etc, that was bad for the kd. Still we limited damage to below 20% land.

Again player problems like Rocky, giving ops that killed the banks or hitting a hellrazor kd which ended up me getting raze retal were issues I had to deal with all age but it was expected from a kd which a majority had never whored or crown before. My goal was a top 3 finish and a some well fought wars, then Pyro came. I was on friendly terms with Nesta for the whole age giving advice, etc. We did not have a single cf term but I approached them a few times when we were close in acres or bigger and they declined. Before the AMA war we wanted to war them or before notice with AMA expired but they said they were tangled with Havoc, in fact there were talks of us being "allies" or at least on friendly terms that was why I was fine without powerplaying them the entire age even though other kd's did the same. The hilarious part was that they backstabbed us and vultured us after our war with AMA when we were in bad shape from aw's/ops and generally the banks were in bad shape, morale was low too.

At that point I was too burnt out to hold the kd together, about 5-6 were leaving and I was too tired to recruit again so we just decided to disband. I've no problems with kds doing it but to pretend to be friends when it's convenient and to totally backstab without profit, there wasn't a single crown at stake and utterly nothing to gain from betraying us when we allowed them to grow without forcing a war down them. So it's a measurement of character of their leadership and how trustworthy they were or still am.

If I had the time we could probably have had a better next age learning from our experiences, perhaps the worse part was that I tried to play with integrity and respect towards others because often the top was filled with so much bull**** but all I got in return was betrayals after helping allies and giving a helping hand to supposed friends or friendly kds. That was probably my biggest mistake as a leader, I probably should have been more Elit like and adapted the attitude of do wrong to others rather than be wronged in return.

On the 2nd war with EJ we won core war, our banks lost 1-2k land not much as we were outnumbered in the bank fight. I lost land and idiot rocky having 60 opa going into war ended up gaining massively when we wd'ed. You guys wanted a 3rd war because we were on + acres on our WD and you only gained with the +10% which wasn't much.

Being the main leader is something I would probably never do again, there's little ROI in it we've all grown up with the game and a majority of ex-players in this phase would rather focus on family or career than to spend hundreds of hours leading that was one of the reasons I retired, a game is something you derive enjoyment from not one that you've to toil work like hours for especially for the the shadiest and trashiest politics that happen within the game.

Btw, I don't know why we couldn't keep things civil I think it was the previous age where we were negotiating for a war with you being much larger and trying to force a war on us which we agreed but EJ ended up waving us in the notice period. Initially our convos were friendly on the irc chat but I felt too much powerplaying going on on top of hitting us into our notice period, that was resolved when we let you keep the acres and extended the cf. But I've no clue why kd's with supposedly some rep look out for cheap wins, this wasn't a stable kd we had built and it wasnt a +/- 10% range war outside the top 10 and not in whoring ranked position. It was a kd I built on a core of 5 provinces on the 1st age and it was a lot of rebuilding and training newbies who would in most cases not be anywhere near a shortlist of a top SKD like BB or Ama, that people would try to claim a cheap win over HoH in it's weakest moments is something that had 0 value to it. In all the wars I've managed with HoH having a full roster we lost none and in the ages I played in HoH we lost 2 wars, 1 Bio a 15+day war? and another I can't recall and I was not involved in managing either wars.

Our 2nd war showed that we could war decently even being outnumbered in banks and the opponents being 120% larger and still come out + land with a kd full of new players. The problem with the game is that it is too taxing for leaders especially the ones building kd's it's much easier to lead a stabilized crew of vets and I do admit that I owe my earlier superior warring record in HoH due to the much better quality of players we had, when you have to call only 4-5 players a wave and the rest turn up and army in/out without issues and do their prep without much problems it makes the life of a leader much easier. Having to train and scrutinize if players followed the builds, call almost 80% of them to turn up for waves, teach them all the basics of whoring, who to hit, which kd's to avoid, etc is a crazily exhaustive task.

That's the reason alot of warring kd's who try to whore end up totally farming out because not only do their players have no experience in whoring, their leaders tend to not have the relevant experience in whoring or banking too, especially as the main leader.
    Last edited by tak3shi; 16-01-2015 at 17:47.

Needs to get out more
    Well this is the most interesting stuff I've read all age and now I'm on my way to work. I'll be sure to finish up. It's times like these it'd be nice if guys mentioned kingdom names and such. This way I can reference situations from an outsiders pov.

And MrCurious, you can trust I was curious about your whereabouts. You should tag :-)

I'm too busy fighting the undead conversion exchange to catch all the details.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

A superb post tak3shi.

Hope sometime you play again for fun only. :)

Thread Information