View Poll Results: Restart from beginning of protection?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

48 52.17%
  • No

44 47.83%
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Roll back age

You guys know you can reset your provs on your own right? If you all do it its a full server reset, stop complaining.
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Sir Postalot
    I'm trying to figure out how a bug like this even happens. There were no changes to the meter or the button system this age, and it has been running smoothly for 20 some odd ages now. How is the game not paused to fix what happened with Vir? A simple snatch news shows that something is terribly wrong. Any kingdom can war any other kingdom on the server it chooses in 12 hours, with the receiving kingdom having nothing it can do to stop it.

Or better yet, if there's any province on the server somewhere with really low defense, any 20 man kingdom can be at war with that kingdom in a few minutes, assuming their troops are home.
    Last edited by flogger; 05-09-2015 at 17:14.

Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    I'm trying to figure out how a bug like this even happens. There were no changes to the meter or the button system this age, and it has been running smoothly for 20 some odd ages now. How is the game not paused to fix what happened with Vir? A simple snatch news shows that something is terribly wrong. Any kingdom can war any other kingdom on the server it chooses in 12 hours, with the receiving kingdom having nothing it can do to stop it.

Or better yet, if there's any province on the server somewhere with really low defense, any 20 man kingdom can be at war with that kingdom in a few minutes, assuming their troops are home.

Tell me about it.. on 186 acres :-( last hit I lost 30+ acres..

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    I'm trying to figure out how a bug like this even happens. There were no changes to the meter or the button system this age, and it has been running smoothly for 20 some odd ages now.
    Intra-kd attacks have been incredibly bugged for a few ages now. Devs attempted to fix it (apparently they thought it fell in the relations section of the code). Must have missed a decimal point or something. Always miss some mundane detail.

With the NEW Bug going on now I think the Developers may see that a Complete Reset of the Game, Including Locations is in all of the Players best interest. Too much has been Gained/Lost by Provinces to fix this in a fair way other than a Complete Reset for the whole server, Locations and All. IMHO!

Scribe
    Just see it as a hurricane hitting or a tornado. Unexpected things happen. sure it may not be the age you planned, make a new plan. The bugs are hitting everyone and not just one or two kingdoms so it's still a fair round. Annoying yes, unfair no.

I heard you can max meter to 150 in one wave and get war towards any KD.
    So a KD on 25 players can use 75 gens on a no def target and get war and still have 1 gen to max gain when war auto kicks in.
    Terrible...

lol just reset this age

**************** The republic of China ****************

Post Fiend
    The pause and the bugs are annoying, yes, but the only people whining about how 'THERE HAS TO BE A RESET!!!!11!' are the ones that got hit while their armies were out. Once Bishop and the dev team gets the coding right and the game is functioning as is, in two weeks, no one will even care or remember about how the age started. It is seriously not that big of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by HerpNDerp View Post
    The pause and the bugs are annoying, yes, but the only people whining about how 'THERE HAS TO BE A RESET!!!!11!' are the ones that got hit while their armies were out. Once Bishop and the dev team gets the coding right and the game is functioning as is, in two weeks, no one will even care or remember about how the age started. It is seriously not that big of a deal.
    There is way more to it then just the pause of the game...
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Quote Originally Posted by chalsdk View Post
    Tell me about it.. on 186 acres :-( last hit I lost 30+ acres..

that was your own dumb fault for not controlling your nubs. i saw the snatch news. you gave a legit hostile. now you are getting owned. you do know who you are warring correct? morbo says hello. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

edit: also if they do happen to restart the age then they need to switch everything around including races. how fair would it be that people figured out their set up doesnt work. oh look we get a free redo.
    Last edited by Chrystal Palace; 05-09-2015 at 20:39.
    All for one and one for Chrystal!!

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post
    He quit because forum trolls made it look like the age is fixed. It had nothing to do with the pause or our kingdom (thanks chrystal your support of other players is as always outstanding). We tried to explain that there was no real advantage but he looked at the poll and drew the conclusion that the majority of players considers this unfair. He did say he may try again next round when things may be fair.
    Aw, that's a shame. He seemed like a cool dude (so much better than the tools who just want to argue and fuss around here). But I'd be hesitant to play again with someone who gives up so easily. :/

p.s. Resets are lame a/f. Jus deal wif it and lets get on wif the age
    Last edited by Felonious; 05-09-2015 at 20:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Felonious View Post
    Aw, that's a shame. He seemed like a cool dude (so much better than the tools who just want to argue and fuss around here). But I'd be hesitant to play again with someone who gives up so easily. :/
    can play with me and not utopia. ;)
    All for one and one for Chrystal!!

<Removed>

Check this out:
    At fort stance, 53 meter vs 148, the aggressor hits to 150 meter and gets auto war vs the defending KD that switched to fort stance to convert/train up and had recently explored. Both kds start to fight in war, one is ready, the other one is not. They get kicked out of war and all relations reset after 10h?. The KD that had button and was going to convert/train up for war lost the button and relations was reset when they got kicked out of war again.

War lasted from feb 18th to March 4th.
    One KD gets kicked out in agg stance the other one in fortified stance.

Not only this but during the pause of the game the aggressor went to like 90 meter being able to send all out and use 5 faerys to ops hardcore.
    War ended while hits was ongoing, the KD trying to defend itself in the weird events lost armies that was incoming due to getting kicked out.
    One guy hit for 0 acres as KDs still appeared to be in war.

Not a single word from game admin/dev and while two kds are having their age start destroyed everyone else is not giving a crap.

Had they not got forced into war the meter should have been 110 vs 150 still and the KD in fort would been pumping all explored provs much more safely in fort stance having the button still.

And what kind of duration the stances is on no one knows...
    Game should got reset long ago

The momentum of trying to compete to win this age is ruined from the get go.
    At the very least give back the button!!

Edit: Feel free to ask for SN if there is any doubts of this story or get one yourself.
    Last edited by Palem; 06-09-2015 at 02:43.

Veteran
    Can you post like news or screen shots?

In cases like that, always keep records.
    Last edited by elixer; 05-09-2015 at 21:58.
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    You just got owned again. When will you learn fool. I'm just on a different level.

Thread Information