Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The CF and messaging culture

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by handofthrawn View Post
    The reason for cfs and notices where created is simple and honorable. Top kingdoms like to fight each other In mostly fair fights. Where is ghetto tier doesn't do this and generally want to catch people off guard. Because they don't want a fair fight they want a win. In the upper level warring tier we have enough respect for each other to do agreed wars. Granted many top kingdoms and warring kingdoms have abused these two things. But doesn't change there original intent.
    You're new to the game, then. Fair fights, lol. Everything is fair in a game, if you are taken with your pants down, it's fair to be raped for it (Not a metaphor for actual rape, just the game).
    ABS vs Rangers

Sender King Hodor the Sorcerer of Outplayerz Empire (xx:xx)
    Recipient Lord Basarai the Hero of Syrion (xx:xx)
    Subject deal

1. EOA CF no strings attached. Can only be broken if either side commits an obvious and blatant dealbreak (with proof) 2. Post full deal on utoforums 3. Peppie confirms the eoa cf with me soon as he wakes up.
    Last edited by JohnnyReid; 13-01-2016 at 06:53.

i wake up to stupid ****

spartans raze two provs and were not in a condition to do **** about it

so free accepts EOACF. Grats on the successful powerplay.
    FREE

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by peppie View Post
    i wake up to stupid ****

spartans raze two provs and were not in a condition to do **** about it

so free accepts EOACF. Grats on the successful powerplay.
    accept CF under Duress>CF still binding?
    CF talk still in progress and raze flying in>

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyReid View Post
    Sender King Hodor the Sorcerer of Outplayerz Empire (xx:xx)
    Recipient Lord Basarai the Hero of Syrion (xx:xx)
    Subject deal

1. EOA CF no strings attached. Can only be broken if either side commits an obvious and blatant dealbreak (with proof) 2. Post full deal on utoforums 3. Peppie confirms the eoa cf with me soon as he wakes up.
    Is a confession during torture really a confession?

Good luck to you...
    ABS vs Rangers

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
    Wonder how long till the deal break....
    Quote Originally Posted by handofthrawn View Post
    The reason for cfs and notices where created is simple and honorable. Top kingdoms like to fight each other In mostly fair fights. Where is ghetto tier doesn't do this and generally want to catch people off guard. Because they don't want a fair fight they want a win. In the upper level warring tier we have enough respect for each other to do agreed wars. Granted many top kingdoms and warring kingdoms have abused these two things. But doesn't change there original intent.
    I had a long reply types but screwed up and lost it all. Just going to say that top kingdoms have always been involved in douchebaggery and you would be the stupidest person on the planet if you tried to claim otherwise.

As far as wars go, two completely even teams exchanging hits is not fun. It becomes a battle of who makes the first mistake or who gets a call saying their daughter was in a car accident first. Those are boring wars, because you work your tail off and still have an even war. You aren't gaining anything.

Catching thenother kingdom unprepared is much nicer, as long as they are still active. You can exchange hits, but still can gain from the war.

Quote Originally Posted by zsivhawk View Post
    I had a long reply types but screwed up and lost it all. Just going to say that top kingdoms have always been involved in douchebaggery and you would be the stupidest person on the planet if you tried to claim otherwise.

As far as wars go, two completely even teams exchanging hits is not fun. It becomes a battle of who makes the first mistake or who gets a call saying their daughter was in a car accident first. Those are boring wars, because you work your tail off and still have an even war. You aren't gaining anything.

Catching thenother kingdom unprepared is much nicer, as long as they are still active. You can exchange hits, but still can gain from the war.
    I find the outplay on an evenly prepared opponent the most satisfying of all.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    Is a confession during torture really a confession?

Good luck to you...
    Razes. The utopian equivalent of waterboarding. Jeez spartans are monsters

Post Fiend
    torture is an effective way to bring up true confession... i know its too harsh but makes a stubborn liar confess.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
    Wonder how long till the deal break....
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    I find the outplay on an evenly prepared opponent the most satisfying of all.
    You aren't out playing, you are getting lucky.

Post Fiend
    Why are all my replies adding some quote by Avalon that I never replied to in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by zsivhawk View Post
    You aren't out playing, you are getting lucky.
    This is a game of strategy, not a game of throwing dice.
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    This is a game of strategy, not a game of throwing dice.
    And how is it strategy to win a war because someone's daughter was in a car accident (Happened one age) and they couldn't log in, and that was the entire tipping point of a war, since we had 25 v 25 nearly perfectly matched provinces until losing one? You are liyerally just exchanging hits until one side gets a lucky roll of the dice.

That is such a sad and extreme example that I don't feel like talking about it in a strategy game forum.

Forum Addict
    The way I see it, CF under duress is not valid and can be broken at any time. Same as confessing under torture.

Spartans have given me a reason to play, for ages to come.

See you when I see you.
    Last edited by stoffi; 13-01-2016 at 09:16.
    ABS vs Rangers

Thread Information