Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Pyro v Green(?) v CR

Meh.

Topsy,

You guys are going to win this age anyway. Stop being pricks about it. If some KD does not know how to do diplomacy the way you want it done, just hit em later. Pyro is not exploring and letting pool decay. Pandas looks like they are feeding up into range for you to farm them. yawn, age over already. Stop being so damned pushy.

Don't you get it? No one can play with you anymore, there is not enough people with the desire to do it anymore. You win, the crown game is over really. It pretty much ended last age. Now let it be.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Funny comment coming from Sheister :)

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Is CR happy interfering with conflicts? Because that's what you're doing.

It was made known to you well in advance that they wanted to war Pyro. The fact that Green even has to resort to throwing around 0 acre hits to try and make a case that they're hostile so you'll leave them alone to fight their fight 1v1 is sad.
    Why make zero acre hits if its a real hostile?

Post Demon

It was made known to you well in advance that they wanted to war Pyro. The fact that Green even has to resort to throwing around 0 acre hits to try and make a case that they're hostile so you'll leave them alone to fight their fight 1v1 is sad.
    If you tell a kingdom that you do not want to make a deal with them, so they begin prepping to wave you, and then four days later decide "wait no I do want a deal", and then think you're going to be protected by 0 acre hits, you're insane.

If Green had really wanted to, they could have come out of eowcf pumped, waved CR, and probably withdrawn from a war up acres and cost CR 6 days of pumping instead of 4. So in the absence of a deal, CR has literally no alternative but to prepare to wave green in my eyes.

If they wanted to avert the wave, they should have done diplo days before the problem, not after costing CR days of time, hours before the problem.

Enthusiast

Palem, they were the #4 kd in the game and when comparing just provs in range of each other were actually 30% larger than us. They rejected a cf offer and failed to ever contact anyone on IRC after being given multiple names. If you won't cf or reach out on IRC to the multiple available people then you need to be prepped for. If you are prepped for and then try to pump behind a pre-planned fake hostile then you are getting waved.

If people could reject cf's, never diplo, and pump in the top 5 as long as they traded 0 acre hits all age then people would have gone all sage every age for the last 15 or so.

edit: i'd also add that we'd much prefer the war to be on as even terms as possible and even offered GC to help expedite them sploring and/or retraining. That's really up to pyro/Green to decide though. I suspect pyro is fine warring with the advantages gained through their advice.
    Last edited by topsy's revenge; 22-01-2016 at 14:13.

Interestingly enough the person omitted from the list of contacts at CR (me) was the one that ultimately got a deal done.

We have settled out of court. All of you noobs who think that you know how to play utopia (bombdigie) or drama tourists (Palem) can see your way out of the thread because we have CFed and are letting their war happen.

Also I read one of the dumbest comments from... not surprisingly Sheister:

"You guys are going to win this age anyway. Stop being pricks about it."

Who the **** are you to lecture us on how to win at utopia? If you joined CR (you won't because every time you ask I veto it 1000 times), you'd be cleaning my ****ing shoes.
    Last edited by Godly; 22-01-2016 at 14:49.
    "Godly, you do realized that you have just sealed your faith now, right?"

Quote Originally Posted by topsy's revenge View Post
    Palem, they were the #4 kd in the game and when comparing just provs in range of each other were actually 30% larger than us. They rejected a cf offer and failed to ever contact anyone on IRC after being given multiple names. If you won't cf or reach out on IRC to the multiple available people then you need to be prepped for. If you are prepped for and then try to pump behind a pre-planned fake hostile then you are getting waved.

If people could reject cf's, never diplo, and pump in the top 5 as long as they traded 0 acre hits all age then people would have gone all sage every age for the last 15 or so.

edit: i'd also add that we'd much prefer the war to be on as even terms as possible and even offered GC to help expedite them sploring and/or retraining. That's really up to pyro/Green to decide though. I suspect pyro is fine warring with the advantages gained through their advice.
    I will quibble with this in one respect topsy. The reliance on IRC is perhaps a bit misplaced. You could take the position that at this point in the game everyone is on IRC (which I don't think is true). However, I think you have to regard in-game communication is the more "official" and important form as it is actually part of the game as opposed to IRC which is just something that is in part used to facilitate real time communication about the game and I increasingly get the impression that those of us using it are dinosaurs.

No idea what nesta's take on this is since I have not spoken to him in 5 days, but if there was time to explore, release pump again, etc without any BS, I know I would not mind.

I just think that if people tell you they are going to war, are warring, show some hits, it is at least worth some diplomacy back to them before deciding on your own that its fake and just throwing hits in. This seems especially true to me since in this dying/dead game, you basically are crown-accomplished already. I do admit though, I am surprised at 0 acres.... I was expecting there would be some land exchanged when I read something about this three or four days ago. I believe we had arranged this war within 24 hrs or less of wsk backing out on us. Maybe you should have just gone at it with wsk? Since you both backed out of your wars...

I don't know if, in the end, any of this makes any difference really since I suspect that the last good war I will ever have in this game was 11 ages ago. (RIP SPGC).
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Godly View Post
    Interestingly enough the person omitted from the list of contacts at CR (me) was the one that ultimately got a deal done.

We have settled out of court. All of you noobs who think that you know how to play utopia (bombdigie) or drama tourists (Palem) can see your way out of the thread because we have CFed and are letting their war happen.

Also I read one of the dumbest comments from... not surprisingly Sheister:

"You guys are going to win this age anyway. Stop being pricks about it."

Who the **** are you to lecture us on how to win at utopia? If you joined CR (you won't because every time you ask I veto it 1000 times), you'd be cleaning my ****ing shoes.
    I have not asked since........... age.... 57? The only reason I asked was because of maximouse. I don't give a **** how good or not I am, I would not ever choose a kingdom that you were involved with unless it had a number of friends in it and everyone was ok with me putting you on ignore (since I assume in the event you had anything important to say, it could be pasted to me).

I am not telling you how to “win at utopia”, btw. I was suggesting that you could be less of a prick. I don't think many would disagree with me there. I have never, nor will I ever, care about who wins "the crown". If I did, I would have tried to cultivate the relationships and connections to do that. Is there ANY indication I have ever done that? Nope.

I am not impressed by you Godly. I never have been. You are not impressed by me, and never have been.

The important difference between you and I, is I don't go out of my way to **** on people. I don't get some sort of ego boost (or present some affected ego trip if you argue that your forum persona is an act) from this game. This is just a way to waste time while I am idle between tasks.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    I will quibble with this in one respect topsy. The reliance on IRC is perhaps a bit misplaced. You could take the position that at this point in the game everyone is on IRC (which I don't think is true). However, I think you have to regard in-game communication is the more "official" and important form as it is actually part of the game as opposed to IRC which is just something that is in part used to facilitate real time communication about the game and I increasingly get the impression that those of us using it are dinosaurs.

No idea what nesta's take on this is since I have not spoken to him in 5 days, but if there was time to explore, release pump again, etc without any BS, I know I would not mind.

I just think that if people tell you they are going to war, are warring, show some hits, it is at least worth some diplomacy back to them before deciding on your own that its fake and just throwing hits in. This seems especially true to me since in this dying/dead game, you basically are crown-accomplished already. I do admit though, I am surprised at 0 acres.... I was expecting there would be some land exchanged when I read something about this three or four days ago. I believe we had arranged this war within 24 hrs or less of wsk backing out on us. Maybe you should have just gone at it with wsk? Since you both backed out of your wars...

I don't know if, in the end, any of this makes any difference really since I suspect that the last good war I will ever have in this game was 11 ages ago. (RIP SPGC).
    Here's the thing. Fundamentally, we told them that we were going to wave them before you guys had a deal. They've admitted that, by saying they were in negotiations with you when they got our message. So you guys planned a fake hostile with them to avoid us waving them -- they've also admitted this. Acknowledging it's a fake hostile and still acting upset that it got hit into is a bit awkward.

If you are arguing that 'we're totally going to fight' creates a safe space to do so because it starts the conflict, then you also have to accept that us informing them we're going to wave first meant you guys put them in two conflicts, and you shouldn't have done so.

Additionally, did Nesta mention to you that he indicated he wouldn't compete with us for targets? Interesting, then, that you guys would plan a fake hostile to do deny us targets. If you want a fair war, we're happy to take land from you too to put you at the same size.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauper View Post
    Here's the thing. Fundamentally, we told them that we were going to wave them before you guys had a deal. They've admitted that, by saying they were in negotiations with you when they got our message. So you guys planned a fake hostile with them to avoid us waving them -- they've also admitted this. Acknowledging it's a fake hostile and still acting upset that it got hit into is a bit awkward.

If you are arguing that 'we're totally going to fight' creates a safe space to do so because it starts the conflict, then you also have to accept that us informing them we're going to wave first meant you guys put them in two conflicts, and you shouldn't have done so.

Additionally, did Nesta mention to you that he indicated he wouldn't compete with us for targets? Interesting, then, that you guys would plan a fake hostile to do deny us targets. If you want a fair war, we're happy to take land from you too to put you at the same size.

Oh, if that was the timing then... moving on! The thing I glanced at said something like "CR looks like they might wave" not "CR told us they are going to wave us".

No, I have not really gotten to talk to nesta at all this age. I don't think we have had our timing sync even once for the last few months. Stupid RL....
    Last edited by Sheister; 22-01-2016 at 15:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Meep View Post
    BoH doesn't play utopia, BoH *IS* utopia.

There is a little bit of BoH in all of us.
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Working out a CF agreement after a kd goes into fort and starts drafting/training/build swapping makes things a lot more difficult. Logging into irc through any web client is easy enough and sending a PM to anyone in #cromulent that has a & should also be pretty easy. Any member of the kd can get ahold of someone in LS to talk to if you need... the only hard part is wanting to diplo which it is obvious Green didn't want to do until it was too late. I mean you can even directly link to an irc channel like this in game to make their life easier:

http://chat.mibbit.com/?channel=%23c...irc.utonet.org

Quote Originally Posted by Zauper View Post

Did we re-introduce the dibs? :p
    If you tell them you wave them and they fight someone else, that's their choice. You telling them you'd wave wouldn't disallow them to go elsewhere.

I agree that them making 0 acre hits is dumb. If they wanted to play it out like this they should have made real hits.

And even if Pyro decides to war someone, does it mean they're competing? The ****? We didn't last age either, but with the state of Utopia, it's inevitable to end up big in the top5 (unless of course you choose to landdrop). They should be able to war whoever they want, whenever they want

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by protector View Post
    Did we re-introduce the dibs? :p
    If you tell them you wave them and they fight someone else, that's their choice. You telling them you'd wave wouldn't disallow them to go elsewhere.

I agree that them making 0 acre hits is dumb. If they wanted to play it out like this they should have made real hits.

And even if Pyro decides to war someone, does it mean they're competing? The ****? We didn't last age either, but with the state of Utopia, it's inevitable to end up big in the top5 (unless of course you choose to landdrop). They should be able to war whoever they want, whenever they want
    Prot -- They seem to be arguing that they introduced dibs and that them saying they have an agreed war is dibs.

If they're going to fake hostile it out, and do it with real hits, that's one thing -- obviously that, or actual war, would have been respected. 0 acre hits are just a laughably clear attempt to avoid it.

And prot, you misread what I was saying. Nesta said that they wouldn't compete with us for targets. Not for the crown. Attempting to remove a kingdom that we clearly want to hit as a target is just that - removing targets from us. You're right though, they're allowed to war anyone they want. And we're allowed to farm them as soon as our deal runs out. And we're allowed to hit kingdoms in fake hostiles.

e: that said, I think this is a poor habit to be getting in. Last age, you guys disrupted a lot of top play and took targets from us because you 'weren't competing'. It looks like pyro wants to do the same this age. I feel like it's probably bad for the game to have kingdoms that 'aren't competing' but are at the top and disrupting things. If they don't want to compete, they should behave like the rest of the warring tier or bottom whoring tier, and be treated accordingly. Other war tier kds aren't given free CFs and the space to pump science, so why should Pyro get that (and then complain about the warring tier not wanting to war them, or whatever).
    Last edited by Zauper; 22-01-2016 at 16:47.

So is Pyro doing fake hostile now ? :p

Thread Information