Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Who has the smallest number of scientist w/o being hit?

Hi ted! And yes, guilds used to be random also. 1% chance per guild per tick.
    #Beastblood

rule #12 no dutchies allowed.
    --Amendment 1.1: <3 LDP mucho much
    --Amendment 1.2: <3 chrissi
    --Amendment 1.3: snirpsner is by far the best dutchie ever. <3
    --Amendment 1.4: Prot and Darkie are OK in my book.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    The system is better because it removes a lot of the advantages of becoming big early
    Before you had a choice of becoming big or not. Now you have no choice, either you get lucky or you wont have near decent sciences.
    So it is worse as you ceased to have a choice.

Just like if all provinces where put on 100% automatic without any human interaction at all... Following your logic that would be the best balanced game ever, but in fact would be the worst game, as you cease to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post
    back to topic, it may not be such a bad thing not to have scientists, is there an option to turn them off?
    Yes it's called fort.

I think the scientists introduction is good but the randomness bad. The whole idea was to remove pumping time but probably it should be like wizz training - linear but shrinking/growing doesn't matter. There still will be wars even with <20 scientists...

Scribe
    okay I have tried to explain it but it seems i am not successful. so let's try it the other way around.

explain to me what the big kingdoms will do during the time they would usually pump but now don't have to?

okay I have tried to explain it but it seems i am not successful. so let's try it the other way around.

explain to me what the big kingdoms will do during the time they would usually pump but now don't have to?
    They will continue to whore, just like they always did. You think they pumped sci when they had threats?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page |
    PM DavidC for test server access

Scribe
    they explore until the pool is empty. then they refill the pool. now they can just refill the pool more often because they dont have to pump anymore. yay for them.

how do they refill their pool?

how do they refill their pool?
    They wait. The pool refills by itself, whether the kingdom is attacking or pumping science, or sitting in Fort. It just keeps on filling up slowly every tick.
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

I'm confused how this does anything but help warring tier kingdoms lol...now you can fight kds at a semi fair advantage. Not when its 2k bpa vs 500 bpa. It hurts the growth kds way more than anyone, because if you never realized, growth stagnates at a certain point.
    #Beastblood

rule #12 no dutchies allowed.
    --Amendment 1.1: <3 LDP mucho much
    --Amendment 1.2: <3 chrissi
    --Amendment 1.3: snirpsner is by far the best dutchie ever. <3
    --Amendment 1.4: Prot and Darkie are OK in my book.

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by CannaWhoopazz View Post
    They wait. The pool refills by itself, whether the kingdom is attacking or pumping science, or sitting in Fort. It just keeps on filling up slowly every tick.
    learn something new everyday...so they win land crowns by sitting and waiting for the pool to refill all on its own?

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave View Post
    I'm confused how this does anything but help warring tier kingdoms lol...now you can fight kds at a semi fair advantage. Not when its 2k bpa vs 500 bpa. It hurts the growth kds way more than anyone, because if you never realized, growth stagnates at a certain point.
    is it semi or fair or an advantage. cause half of fair(which is my guess it would be) isn't very fair at all. half of an advantage would be better but let's not kid ourselves, it's not.

Postaholic
    learn something new everyday...so they win land crowns by sitting and waiting for the pool to refill all on its own?
    Pool growth
    The explore pool has the following features:
    Starts at 5,000 acres at the start of the age
    It grows by 50 acres a tick
    It will decay by .25% a tick when over 10,000 acres in the pool
    It does not decay if there is less than 10,000 acres in the pool
    It does not decay in war or end of war ceasefire.
    War Monkeys War Monger - Contact me if interested in a beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Rather than whining, getting pissy and getting on my radar why don't you just .....

Well, yes actually. You can't win a land crown if you don't have cows and you can't get cows from attacking, only by exploring. So yes, they do wait around a lot waiting for the explore pool to fill. In the mean time of course, the smaller provinces that can still gain land from attacks random around, while the rest pumped wpa/science/gcpa. Now, once they hit the whore cap (which is when a province can't gain land effectively without risking losing more than they gain) they'll just pump more gcpa/wpa I guess (and maybe make more risky land grabs..?)
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

Thread Information