Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: #EndTheAge

Quote Originally Posted by AquaSeaFoam View Post
    I agree that not all crowns are created equal. Still if you're "counting crowns" it really only makes sense to count them on the one competitive server each age, not genesis and not the casual server, wol.

Brute was a collection of players who also played in good battlefields kingdoms as their "real" kingdoms. It wasn't supposed to be a real competitive kingdom, it was just to bash noobs for fun. Eventually they became a real kingdom with most of their players no longer playing in other BF kingdoms and they moved to Battlefields.

Other kingdoms followed in their footsteps after since it looked like fun so in the following ages there was typically 2-3 or so kingdoms that were competitive and could have been top 20 on Battlefields. The #5 WoL kingdom was generally pretty comparable to an average bottom half Battlefields kingdom.
    I think in my mind I was thinking of the WoL after BF made it cool to play(noob bash) there, and there was a few competitive kds trying for it. Comparing those days to now the level of competition seems similar. So it seems wrong in my mind to not count a crown back then and count the ones we have now. But I do see your point of there can be only one, just like highlander.

There is no way imo to count crowns and have it be an effective measure of a kd's strength. To me there is only one crown each age, and that is land ofc. Crown counting makes people think that all crowns are created equal and that doesn't sit right with me.
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Strategy Moderator
    Look at the WoL charts though when BF was around. There really wasn't much for competition any of the ages. It'd make more sense to give island crowns for the competitive server from those days than it would for giving crowns from a separate "casual" server.

I agree that the age "victory" is really the land crown winner (at least from age 6 on since nw crown was more valued before that.)

Needs to get out more
    This warrants a list with a why summary. Yeah it's been done but refreshers are good for the whole of the server. It creates an ambiance of heritage.

People visit the Pyramids for a reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by AquaSeaFoam View Post
    Look at the WoL charts though when BF was around. There really wasn't much for competition any of the ages. It'd make more sense to give island crowns for the competitive server from those days than it would for giving crowns from a separate "casual" server.

I agree that the age "victory" is really the land crown winner (at least from age 6 on since nw crown was more valued before that.)
    Started on wol in age 30 and until I retired in the mid 40s most people, abs included, valued nw over land. But really it depended on if it was split and who whined more in public. Like now.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    Started on wol in age 30 and until I retired in the mid 40s most people, abs included, valued nw over land. But really it depended on if it was split and who whined more in public. Like now.
    Nope. Land since age 6 although people still liked nw too of course.
    Last edited by AquaSeaFoam; 27-11-2016 at 01:28.

Post Fiend
    Ah Battlefields ,competitive cheating all over the place,nothing like good old times.

Quote Originally Posted by Snp View Post
    Ah Battlefields ,competitive cheating all over the place,nothing like good old times.
    There are still top kds using team viewer and proxies. Meet the new top, same as the old top.

Enthusiast
    the crown stupidity never ends. none of you have legitimate crowns. battlefields, world, gen. you say bruteforce crown doesn't count because is was on easy server your fake crowns on battlefield don't count because you cheated. trading was against the rules which even you admit to doing.even though we all know you did a lot more than just trading as far as breaking the rules. all your crowns from your traded and scripted kds broke the rules of the game therefore none of those crowns are real.

any competition where the cheaters are discovered lose the win except in the insanity of the people playing this game

All is fair in love and war...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Oppenheimer View Post
    All is fair in love and war...
    Like a nuke eh Oppenheimer?

I like to post
    Syntico crown list have pure troll propose and im happy to see ASF failed for it like many other :P

Different servers and times so you cant compare direct KDs, but every one can have his favorites. For example don't matter how many crowns have ABS Kd they never impressed me. I know how ABS power played and GBed Kds in top so any crown on any server won by ABS kd have zero value for me. History proved they cant compete alone. Same going for most other Kds being part from alliances. Its why some non alliance KDs have more love in ppl heart. Good example is BF.
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

We are taking about a online strategy war game!? And I should have clarified my statement @ Crunch

"There is no way imo to count crowns and have it be an effective measure of a kd's strength. To me there is only one crown each age, and that is land ofc. Crown counting makes people think that all crowns are created equal"

I do agree with what you have said BoH

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post
    There are still top kds using team viewer and proxies. Meet the new top, same as the old top.
    Why need to use it when you have legit siting options. Dont tell me here are poor top KDs :)
    If you cant pay credits for siting just get some "rich" KD member for do it. Anri is good choice but CJ wont make it!
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

The Paradigm
    UTOPIA - THE SIMPLE AGE VICTORY COUNT

--- KINGDOM ---------- WINS ---

Playboys (of Absalom) --- 6
    Cromulent Republic --- 4
    Pansies (of Absalom) --- 4
    Rage of Absalom --- 4
    Brute Force --- 3
    Emeriti --- 3
    HaLL of Heroes --- 3
    Sanctuary of Absalom --- 3
    Beastblood --- 2
    Beauty of Absalom --- 2
    Seal of Solomon --- 2
    Seasons --- 2
    Sonata --- 2
    Alias of Absalom --- 1
    AMA --- 1
    Bring It On --- 1
    Cartoon Networth FV --- 1
    Desire --- 1
    Dreams --- 1
    Equilibrium of Absalom --- 1
    Evil Dragons --- 1
    eX Force Xe --- 1
    Fratzia --- 1
    Great Southern Land --- 1
    HMCS Heroes Blades --- 1
    Jesters Troupe --- 1
    Legion of Blades --- 1
    Morgoths Minions --- 1
    Old School --- 1
    Pantheon --- 1
    Paradox Gauntlet --- 1
    Prismatic Warriors --- 1
    PyroManiaCs --- 1
    Relentless Armies --- 1
    Shadowlight --- 1
    Swedish Warlords Epic Alliance --- 1
    The End is NR 1 --- 1
    The Pulsing Trollfags --- 1
    United Britannia --- 1
    United Provinces CQ --- 1
    WarCry --- 1
    Zenobias Zealots C --- 1

My own list of the 69 ages winners inspired by octobrev's effort, each age counts as one crown. During the first few ages of the Battlefields server I give the win to whoever had more land on either of the servers and later to Battlefields winners due to the abundantly fiercer competition. If you notice any mistakes please inform me so I can edit the list (for example, in my opinion Age 29 Battlefields server rankings are missing from the wayback machine and I've put DropBearz as age 29 winners even though it might have been someone else who actually crowned on Battlefields that age - presumably Playboys which would put them at 7 wins).
    FILE: http://www.megafileupload.com/S9h5/The_Paradigm.xlsm

EXPLANATION OF THE LOGIC
    Just like in sports we count titles for periods of time, not based on the level of the competition. For example a World Cup title from the early ages of football(soccer) counts towards the total count of World Cup titles of a nation even though today's football is considerably more advanced. This is why I consider each age as a title to obtain, factoring in the relevance of the competition within the age itself. One thing to note is that this is a list of the most decorated winners, not necessarily a list of the best KDs. Just like in other sports, the best teams don't necessarily win. Luck, skill, cheating, referee mistakes, you name it, they all contribute towards determining a tournament winner in their own right, that's why it's still a game and tournaments are held in the first place.
    Last edited by MyNameIsMatija; 27-11-2016 at 20:11.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Needs to get out more
    Thank you for the list, Matija and Octo.

In the last few competive ages it was interesting to see AMA. Their war prowess was apparent among some very powerful kingdoms and allies.

The rise of Pyro was interesting. It was the last time you saw scale in the top. The skill differences and learning curve were apparent from an outside perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information