Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Razing into an open war.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    I really don't think tagging "will razekill robbers" should give you a free pas from randoms and thieves everyone else has to deal with this a tag does not make you special. Also you are likely messing up your war prep more by comitting yourself to razing a 3rd party kingdom, that kingdom need only wait for you to war to get back at you.
    It doesn't protect you.

It just tells the robbers what's going to happen if they steal from you.

If you don't want to get razed, maybe don't steal from the bored troll who has nothing better to do than raze you, and who tells you exactly what he's going to do to you

Quote Originally Posted by Meep View Post
    It doesn't protect you.

If you don't want to get razed, maybe don't steal from the bored troll who has nothing better to do than raze you, and who tells you exactly what he's going to do to you
    Utopian Code (which you probably are not aware about) was ages ago stronger than rules ... But now with such players that lived a life full of frustration for being ghettos when this game was a great one and now feels like God (acting like mobs) will trigger a faster end for the game for most of really good players.
    Shame!

Quote Originally Posted by mystyka View Post
    Utopian Code (which you probably are not aware about) was ages ago stronger than rules ... But now with such players that lived a life full of frustration for being ghettos when this game was a great one and now feels like God (acting like mobs) will trigger a faster end for the game for most of really good players.
    Shame!
    nowhere in the Utopian Code does it state you can't hit into wars nor does it state you can't Raze kill provinces. It also doesn't state you cant steal from war prep.

The thing you don't get is you are basically trying to steal meat from a tiger as a tiny child. The tiger cab pay you back as he pleases per the rules of the game which none are being broken. War have not been and never were protected this thought process that you have some sort of protection can only come from a game in which that happens... that is not here.

Quote Originally Posted by Squee311 View Post
    nowhere in the Utopian Code does it state you can't hit into wars nor does it state you can Raze kill provinces. It also doesn't state you cant steal from war prep.

The thing you don't get is you are basically trying to steal meat from a tiger and a tiny child. The tiger cab pay you back as he pleases per the rules of the game which none are being broken. War have not been and never were protected this thought process that you have some sort of protection can only come from a game in which that happens... that is not here.
    You're wrong ... Utopian Code states clear that acting like this (raze in a war) it's not the way to solve a problem ... You can wait until robbers finish the war and then plunder, abduct, raze if you please. Doing this while they're in war is lame because shows you're afraid for being retaled.

You're wrong ... Utopian Code states clear that acting like this (raze in a war) it's not the way to solve a problem ... You can wait until robbers finish the war and then plunder, abduct, raze if you please. Doing this while they're in war is lame because shows you're afraid for being retaled.

You know, two or three ages ago, I had this out with another KD. I was the smaller then. I decided to reset as an avian warrior so that I had the extra general and ran max Rax and just razes into each of their wars 5X every 7 hrs. You can teach bart a lesson. You just need to decide you want to.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

please provide the exact wording in where this is stated. I will be waiting.

I like to post
    Im not sure what Utopian code you refer. If they want to hit you here is no rule they cant. Same if you want to rob/hit them. Its part from game. If you think what they have done is bad return same to them when you can. Its very simple. If you think you cant deal with them look for CF BEFORE its escalate so much. Fair ot not fair is not important. Your job is to minimize losses for your KD.

Stay pragmatic and less emotional. Its give better results.
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Elit View Post
    Im not sure what Utopian code you refer. If they want to hit you here is no rule they cant. Same if you want to rob/hit them. Its part from game. If you think what they have done is bad return same to them when you can. Its very simple. If you think you cant deal with them look for CF BEFORE its escalate so much. Fair ot not fair is not important. Your job is to minimize losses for your KD.

Stay pragmatic and less emotional. Its give better results.
    And whatever you do, don't make accuses

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    It doesn't protect you.

Declaring your intentions doesn't absolve you of any wrong doing or make it so you weren't overreacting.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Declaring your intentions doesn't absolve you of any wrong doing or make it so you weren't overreacting.
    The aggressor does not get to tell the person they robbed what response is and isn't acceptable.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    The aggressor does not get to tell the person they robbed what response is and isn't acceptable.
    At some point they do.

If a guy tries to mug you and you beat the piss out of him, yea, he had that coming and there's no right to complain about anything.

If a guy tries to mug you, and you beat him to death on the street, grab his ID, find his home, break in, tie up his wife, round up his children and starts brutally torturing the children to death in front of the mother and then after all the children are dead he takes the wife and as he's raping her he cuts off her head with a steak knife he found in the kitchen and then sets the severed head on a spike in the now destroyed families lawn....yea I'd say that the person being mugged crossed a line and wronged the mugger.

Post Demon
    At some point they do.

If a guy tries to mug you and you beat the piss out of him, yea, he had that coming and there's no right to complain about anything.

If a guy tries to mug you, and you beat him to death on the street, grab his ID, find his home, break in, tie up his wife, round up his children and starts brutally torturing the children to death in front of the mother and then after all the children are dead he takes the wife and as he's raping her he cuts off her head with a steak knife he found in the kitchen and then sets the severed head on a spike in the now destroyed families lawn....yea I'd say that the person being mugged crossed a line and wronged the mugger.
    You have interesting sexual fantasies.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Squee311 View Post
    that is a real world situation... not utopian. The laws are set in both "worlds" to handle things and situations differently. Please let me know where their is a utopian police station in which i can report a kingdom robbing me and then have it handled in court... oh wait there isn't one.

so when the rules of said game allow for razes and raze kills and the motto of the game is defend yourself... as you see many claiming the top should defend their gc better... same argument can be made that those stealing should defend their land better.

It almost sounds like it is ok for someone who gets bottomfed on to use FG and razes to hit the big guys but when the small guy goes aggro the raze tactic is not ok.

Know your limits... figure out who you are robbing from and pay attention. If you wish to ignore those factors the repercussions are on yourself and yourself alone.
    Just so we're clear, I present a simple, albeit horrible, example in which social protocol, which has no written rules, does have it's reasonable limits and you respond by telling me that I'm wrong because there are no written rules for social protocol but warn players to know their limits.

Are we even living in the same reality? Lol

You have interesting sexual fantasies.
    Don't tell Taylor

Post Demon
    Just so we're clear, I present a simple, albeit horrible, example in which social protocol, which has no written rules, does have it's reasonable limits and you respond by telling me that I'm wrong because there are no written rules for social protocol but warn players to know their limits.

Don't tell Taylor
    Hey you never know, you might be mugging a guy whose wife was raped and murdered by a mugger.

Maybe his repressed rage comes out and he murders you and your family.

It doesn't matter if the guy is a moron for walking down the street in harlem with a million dollars in cash, if you don't mug people, you're generally better off for it.

But especially you're better off if you don't mug the crazy guy walking down the street with a gun and a sign that says 'rob me and I'm going to ****ing murder you and your whole family'

Don't tell Taylor
    My claim was the governing body... which is the rule system in utopia govern the limitations of reactions w/o repercussions, Just as the system of laws in each country dictates the same thing. SO your real world scenario has its limitations to the real world which do not equate the game situation we are in.

You gave an extreme situation to account for an extreme situation. But let look towards Hammurabi in which you stole and your hand was cut off and if you decided to steal again and again you were killed. That scenario more along runs line with how the utopian rules are laid out.

its pretty simple steal if you feel lucky... don't cry when you get punished for it.

Thread Information