Thread: Age 73 Power Rankings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sorry, kind of new around here. Would anyone mind explaining how to read this chart or point me in the direction of a key or guide?

Quote Originally Posted by clairec View Post
    Sorry, kind of new around here. Would anyone mind explaining how to read this chart or point me in the direction of a key or guide?
    So whats going on is a comparison of all the Race on more or less identical setups.

When there is a stat I want to rank them by, for example pMPA. The highest Race here ends up with a 1 for modifier in this column, and all the other Races are shown as a decimal percentage of the greatest value. (EX Dryad above pMPA is 379.3/379.3 = 1, and Orc 309.1/379.3 = 0.814...)

I am also comparing them by BE, and Gains v Loss over time. At the end I multiplied these three %max factors together, and the highest one becomes 1 (100%) in the final Aggregate column, and each successive Race is ranked as a decimal percentage of the highest Agg number.

Its a bit different set up for the TMs, but a similar idea.

As for all the abbreviations;
    PPA= Population/Acre
    NWPA = Net Worth per acre
    Prac m O/DPA = Practical 'm'odified Offence or Defence per acre (Practical refers generally to Races, like Dark Elf for example, who would rely on Elite units for defence, so they have quite a high Suicide OPA, but their Practical offence is that which leaves reasonable DPA at home
    MPA = Military Points per Acre
    Sui = Suicide OPA
    Turtle = Sitting at home defence
    BE = Building Efficiency
    Gains and Atk Time = racial mods for attack gains and attack time

... Plus I'm not sure if you mean a key or guide for this chart, or the game :P Here is the friendly guide to the game; http://utopia-game.com/guide/

... and here is the cold-hearted mathematical truth of the game; http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.ph...he_Utopia_Wiki

@Ethan, yes I noticed yours was lacking last Age, so I was inclined to try one of my own! Not trying to step on toes, of course.

The TM bit is tricky to get a handle on, last Age it seemed a bit more accurate the way it worked out, but Bocan WT immunity is in the same boat as Orc ambush susceptibility, not sure how to quantify.

Was also somewhat surprised by Dwarf and Faery NW. Even on vhigh OPA, Faery doesn't overtake Dark Elf, that +1 on Elite def makes a big population difference, and Dwarf has been the most feather-light NW Elite for several Ages, so its a bit of a swing for them!
    Last edited by RattleHead; 12-08-2017 at 14:48.

Thread Information