Thread: Encourage Wars

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    You are incorrect Persain, neither Civ nor Utopia is a war game since the games MAIN purpose isnt to war and only war. You can in Utopia achieve things without ever warring anyone as well you can win in Civ5 without warring once. If Utopia would be a war game the main and only component would be to war.
    yea, sure, might as well say utopia isnt a "video game" either because theres no video. Thing is civ and utopia are DEFINED to be a war game by the defintion of what a war game is. The fact that they incorporate more than just the battlefield into themselfs doesnt negate what they are. Diplomacy for example could be a win condition in both, but if u wanted a non war game with diplomacy for example go take a look at http://store.steampowered.com/app/245470/Democracy_3/

Thats why when the OP says "wars are to hard to get" i'd argue everytime he waves someone hes "waring" them. That is unless u call an army that invades to take something from you not a "War"....but that would be in conflict with human history and how english defines words. If u view the game that way you could argue that the mods should balance the game in that direction...i.e. such that any conflict is actually "War" unless someone "surrenders' without fighting back, in which case they should give up resources quickly and easily. If u tweaked the game that way, but kept in mind that it "sux" to always lose, so you "protect" what is required to fight someone tpa/wpa/military via massive reduced losses you'd end up with more "Wars" which people find very fun, but not the constant bullying.

Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    yea, sure, might as well say utopia isnt a "video game" either because theres no video. Thing is civ and utopia are DEFINED to be a war game by the defintion of what a war game is. The fact that they incorporate more than just the battlefield into themselfs doesnt negate what they are. Diplomacy for example could be a win condition in both, but if u wanted a non war game with diplomacy for example go take a look at http://store.steampowered.com/app/245470/Democracy_3/

Thats why when the OP says "wars are to hard to get" i'd argue everytime he waves someone hes "waring" them. That is unless u call an army that invades to take something from you not a "War"....but that would be in conflict with human history and how english defines words. If u view the game that way you could argue that the mods should balance the game in that direction...i.e. such that any conflict is actually "War" unless someone "surrenders' without fighting back, in which case they should give up resources quickly and easily. If u tweaked the game that way, but kept in mind that it "sux" to always lose, so you "protect" what is required to fight someone tpa/wpa/military via massive reduced losses you'd end up with more "Wars" which people find very fun, but not the constant bullying.

Its a strategy game with warring elements. Thats one part of the game and doesnt define the whole game. If it was a war game they would advertise it as such but they dont since they advertise it as such but "Strategy rpg for hard core gamers" Repeating that Utopia is a war game and chant i like a mantra isnt going to make it one. What a worthless game Utopia would be if it was a "war game" cause it hasnt been necessarly at all to war to win previously.

Thread Information