Thread: Science diminishing returns

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I am not using # of scientists at all... and if you check this thread out; http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...e-Skill-Points

You can see where the caps actually are, and that they aren't necessarily related to "# Profs" ... such as Thievery the exact soft cap of which cannot be landed on with any combination of scientists, Or channeling which needs at least 1 Graduate because it has a decimal figure.

@Wilmington the other thing is that the first couple points after the soft caps, effects are actually INCREASED for the first 3-4 points beyond that cap, and then start to diminish after that... You will see that my graphs start just above 100%!

I think something like y = -1E-7 (x-175)^3+0.5 would be a rough approximation of the curve I am expecting to see.

Here are some graphical representations, first my data with the trendline, and then one that shows a comparison of the trendline I've come to, and my approximation, just above here.

The trendline based on my data is shown here, in green. You can see, in red, an example of what I am expecting to see if I had more data (I pulled the red function out of thin air more or less, there is no data supporting it)

If someone wants my actual data, I prefer you to DM me so I can send it that way- I'm not just going to post a large series of numbers in this thread.
    Last edited by RattleHead; 05-11-2017 at 15:52.

Thread Information