Thread: #imwithmike

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Regular
    My name is LeBron James and I play in an alternate-reality version of the NBA. This NBA has established the concept of a foul and has told me that I can't commit them. There are no referees, but I get to decide what is and isn't a foul.

In other words, the NBA asks me to self-enforce the game rules.

After the game, league officials can (if they feel like it) review PART of the game to make sure that I am SELF-ENFORCING the rules correctly. If they decide I'm not, they can void all my points and suspend me for 10 games.

On top of that, the definition of "Foul" is not provided to me. Instead, I, LeBron James, have to more or less just kinda "feel it out." The game mechanics allow me to do all sorts of cool things. Like the league gives me a shotgun before every game, and I can blast the heads off my opponents. Oh but, you see, actually the league doesn't want me to use the very shotgun that they gave me.

A game that does not properly DEFINE THE RULES, allows game mechanics to BREAK THE RULES, and simultaneously expects SELF-ENFORCEMENT of rules is a BROKEN GAME.

Seriously, there is like ONE SENTENCE in the guide about fake wars. An ATTEMPT to even sorta kinda EXPLAIN to people, potentially NEW PLAYERS, what a fake war is would be really HELPFUL. At the very least it will eliminate SOME of the gray area.
    Last edited by realm of ding dong; 21-11-2017 at 03:45.

Thread Information