Thread: Unban Binar

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Just a few things

1. I attempt to post regularly and pretty much never swing the ban hammer and people complain that that I'm not a welcomed poster and that I need to enforce the rules. So I decide to shut up and enforce the rules and the same people complain that I've now chosen to enforce the rules. I don't want to sound like a conspiracy nut, but it seems people don't so much have a problem with my moderation as much as they do with me personally. ¯\_(ツ)_/ ¯

2. I applied the rule fairly to everyone. Binar was not the only person who's "clear fw" post I deleted. He was however the only one that decided to try and post it another 4 times. Such action is clearly deserving of a ban.

3. I've decided it's in my best interest to have a lower profile. Had you given it more than 24 hours before the pitchforks and torches were brought out you'd notice me butting out of game-related discussions

4. Have a swirvey day :)

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Just a few things

1. I attempt to post regularly and pretty much never swing the ban hammer and people complain that that I'm not a welcomed poster and that I need to enforce the rules. So I decide to shut up and enforce the rules and the same people complain that I've now chosen to enforce the rules. I don't want to sound like a conspiracy nut, but it seems people don't so much have a problem with my moderation as much as they do with me personally. ¯\_(ツ)_/ ¯

2. I applied the rule fairly to everyone. Binar was not the only person who's "clear fw" post I deleted. He was however the only one that decided to try and post it another 4 times. Such action is clearly deserving of a ban.

3. I've decided it's in my best interest to have a lower profile. Had you given it more than 24 hours before the pitchforks and torches were brought out you'd notice me butting out of game-related discussions

So of all the times you could have swung the banhammer it was over "clear fw"? I see you recently just EDITTED posts (although no reason explaining why the post had to be edited), yet you deleted BinBin's? So to someone not following the thread closely, no one knows that he tried to post 4 times. Why not do what you did and just edit his post saying "Inappropriate comment. Spam" or whatever other reason you deem the post to be edited.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Memster View Post
    So of all the times you could have swung the banhammer it was over "clear fw"? I see you recently just EDITTED posts (although no reason explaining why the post had to be edited), yet you deleted BinBin's? So to someone not following the thread closely, no one knows that he tried to post 4 times. Why not do what you did and just edit his post saying "Inappropriate comment. Spam" or whatever other reason you deem the post to be edited.
    Because the point of removing off topic material is to help facilitate discussion and having 6 "real" posts and 5 "<removed> posts doesn't do that.

I like to do the <removed> posts when someone has posted something objectionable/reported it so that the people that wanted it actioned can actually see that it was actioned and as a visual reminder to other posters that they should be following the rules.

Having 1 post removed and thinking maybe something weird happened so you repost it. Yeah, I could see being upset with getting a sudden ban. I could even see it if it happened twice. But after 4 or 5 posts of the same thing being posted and removed, its pretty clear that Binar wasn't randomly trying to post a forum trope and was suddenly banned for no good reason. If he wanted to ask me why I was deleting his posts I would have been glad to tell him with no action needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
    So people accuse you of not doing your job and you attempt to prove them wrong by making a big deal out of a non issue?
    I banned someone for 24 hours for spamming off topic posts over 3 threads. It's not like I perbanned him for saying Taylor Swift is a [content removed]
    Last edited by Sassy_Wolfie; 25-11-2017 at 05:18. Reason: Language

Director of Age Changes
    Because the point of removing off topic material is to help facilitate discussion and having 6 "real" posts and 5 "<removed> posts doesn't do that.
    You mean just like... having 6 'real' posts and not 5 posts and a TSwift gif facilitates discussion?
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Post Fiend

I like to do the <removed> posts when someone has posted something objectionable/reported it so that the people that wanted it actioned can actually see that it was actioned and as a visual reminder to other posters that they should be following the rules.

Having 1 post removed and thinking maybe something weird happened so you repost it. Yeah, I could see being upset with getting a sudden ban. I could even see it if it happened twice. But after 4 or 5 posts of the same thing being posted and removed, its pretty clear that Binar wasn't randomly trying to post a forum trope and was suddenly banned for no good reason. If he wanted to ask me why I was deleting his posts I would have been glad to tell him with no action needed.

I banned someone for 24 hours for spamming off topic posts over 3 threads. It's not like I perbanned him for saying Taylor Swift is a <EDITTED>
    1) Your post contains inappropriate language and breaks the following rule: "* Posts containing inappropriate language or content."

2) There are about 8 non-contributing posts here that don't relate to the topic that haven't been cleaned up. So yes, I think that you were targeting an individual. In fact, going across all the topics that Binar would have spammed "clear fw" there are handfuls of comments unrelated to the topic that have not been removed or edited.

Post Fiend
    Taylor Swift is a [content removed]
    unbelievable
    Last edited by Sassy_Wolfie; 25-11-2017 at 05:18. Reason: quoted language removed

Enthusiast
    Just a few things

So people accuse you of not doing your job and you attempt to prove them wrong by making a big deal out of a non issue?

Forum Fanatic
    Just a few things

Much of your posts are toxic and not based on experience. You make negative comments and get involved in game politics. You keep telling people to "adapt" without ever having played this game at the level that they have. You make silly comments that someone got "outplayed" when people egregiously cheated or broken deals.

You need to detach yourself from the above things or you need to stop moderating.

You are not really taken seriously by the community because you do the following things. Mods are not supposed to be getting into arguments with users and trash talking them (especially ones that did not really excel at the game).

Post Fiend
    Not sure if it has been addressed, but have you warned him while deleting his posts? In all fairness he could assume his internet acted up and his message didn’t got posted, or something else technical failed...

Thread Information