Thread: State of Utopia

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I would rather see the game shut down than have it turned into some childish cartoon version of its former self.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Enthusiast Zombies are people too's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by octobrev View Post
    I would rather see the game shut down than have it turned into some childish cartoon version of its former self.
    I think that is an extreme case that won't ever happen just because the direction is trying to be more positive xD

-DM <3
    Co-host of the daily talk thread "Meme-Dumpster-Fire"
    The House of Eargasms has moved to Discord! Come Join the MUTINY!!!

#MUTINY-FM
    https://discord.gg/Y76paHZ

H.O.E
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...se-of-Eargasms

Nobody cares about that. 3/4 of the server NEVER read these forums. Octo, Pills, Krop, Binar. You dont get it. This is NOT your game anymore.
    Its all our game. Relax a little. Tell the devs your ideas/concerns and just play man.
    I still do not see why Binar is SO upset when his KD is #1? Its clear he gets the so called "broken" code.

Stop acting like 2 yr olds, make your post w/o the hate/troll comments. A few insults should be allowed. I am thick skinned as anybody. I know the web brings out insults but it was getting over the top. Telling fellow Users they are too stupid to post is ignorant and mean regardless of what Palem said to me.

New Users must feel OK to post w/o OLD FARTS being too rude.

@ Zoombies I like the old vendettas post. Sometimes I cant tell if a post is complaining about current war or OLD stuff, but thats ok too.

Pills has given me solid advice when he is drunk and forgets to insult me. I was SunTower about 1 1/2 year ago. Pills, Krop, who knows the others maybe Octo... This KD had 99 invites, first day, LOL. The Prov Goldy told me he was rich and bought them. Who knows? They Kicked me out of their KD and I randomed into Dragonborn with StratCastor oil. Playing with Strat was most fun I had in last 3 years. He is a silly funny guy.
    Last edited by sl0hnd; 26-11-2017 at 05:06.
    if its in the game... I like Bishop. I don't care what my Mommy says about him.

Forum Addict
    I can't help but smirk at your use of the adjective "childish" when describing what you think Utopia is turning *into* .... I'd say that word fits more what a bunch of the Utopian community has *been* all these years ;)

Postaholic
    Munkbot has made this game 100x easier and dumbed down than anything the devs have introduced directly into the game, and I'm pretty sure you use that tool. Adding a throttling mechanism designed to discourage bottom feeding is hardly the harbinger of childish cartoon doom. If you don't like the way the game is going, don't presume everyone else shares the same opinion. The game is in a better place than it has been in a decade because at least someone is AT the wheel now. You can disagree with the direction they're turning, but it's better than going towards a cliff with no driver.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    Munkbot has made this game 100x easier and dumbed down than anything the devs have introduced directly into the game, and I'm pretty sure you use that tool. Adding a throttling mechanism designed to discourage bottom feeding is hardly the harbinger of childish cartoon doom. If you don't like the way the game is going, don't presume everyone else shares the same opinion. The game is in a better place than it has been in a decade because at least someone is AT the wheel now. You can disagree with the direction they're turning, but it's better than going towards a cliff with no driver.
    The problem isn't gains throttling for a big kd vs a small kd. The problem is gains throttling of IN-RANGE kds. It's clearly a mechanic that needs tweaking to fix some major issues with certain aspects of it.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Memster View Post
    The problem isn't gains throttling for a big kd vs a small kd. The problem is gains throttling of IN-RANGE kds. It's clearly a mechanic that needs tweaking to fix some major issues with certain aspects of it.
    And I'm sure they will. And I'm also sure the community will find something else to complain about when they resolve that issue.

Needs to get out more
    The direction of the game itself is fine. Throttling isn't something that matters to my kingdom because we get randoms from all CF shelf kingdoms. Rhetorically, one grabs intel from one kingdom and you get hit at your weakest point by another. So this is equivalent to the game as it has always been. That's not a complaint, I retal everyone.

We tend to enter agreed wave time wars so it's casual kingdom friendly. We all come in with injuries from being out of war so it's relative and we again don't experience throttling mechanics.

I'd like to find a non-bot, non-chat kingdoms so I can play without them. I'm glad the world has munkbot but my preference is the raw game. My practice is to put intel into munkbot and not really use it. The espionage page doesn't give sot defense at home so I'm at the mercy of munkbot vs high tpa opponents who hold elites. Still I'm not above taking three 10 thief sots and attacking the highest perceivable defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Forum Addict
    Munkbot has made this game 100x easier and dumbed down than anything the devs have introduced directly into the game, and I'm pretty sure you use that tool.
    Man I wish I'd thought of this point, crazy spot on reminder in this discussion.

Adding a throttling mechanism designed to discourage bottom feeding is hardly the harbinger of childish cartoon doom. If you don't like the way the game is going, don't presume everyone else shares the same opinion. The game is in a better place than it has been in a decade because at least someone is AT the wheel now. You can disagree with the direction they're turning, but it's better than going towards a cliff with no driver.
    Excellently put in much fewer words than my verbose behind would ever be capable of.

Thread Information