Thread: Rule Clarification

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by umajon911 View Post
    So I have never read the rules not going to lie, but am going to need some clarification on the following rules please...

What can be infracted? Well the violations (taken from this post which therefore still applies) include, but are not limited to:

* Posts encouraging illegal or unethical behavior
    -Define unethical? I think it depends which approach is perceived or what the Devs want? Do you want a ultilitarian approach where we promote good for the greater amount of people?

* "Trolling" (posts only intended to stir up trouble) - If in doubt avoid it, and you should have no problems.
    - So don't be like korp? or octo? or mike? or steel? or any of the other active players in the forums....

* Posting on behalf of a banned user
    - Was this added for bart?(Last edited by DavidC; Yesterday at 22:19.) I think this should only apply if the user who posts, is in violation of the actual rules. Because just the other day I posted on behalf of bart because he was congratulating mansoor... How is congratulating someone in violation of the rules?

1. Encouraging unethical behaviour is encouraging behaviour that, whilst not quite illegal, would deliberately cause distress, annoyance or harassment to the receiving party - Telling someone to send a death threat is encouraging illegal behaviour. Encouraging someone to spam someone's email, or encouraging them to pretend to be someone else and communicate with another person under that alias, are a couple of examples of encouraging unethical behaviour.

2. I would like to think that trolling is fairly self-explanatory. Nothing else really needed on this point apart from to say that our mods are bound by the rules as much as any other user. If you feel a mod is abusing their position to make posts that you feel violate the rules without censor, or neglecting to handle an issue you feel is relevant to their role, I would encourage you to pm the Game Administration.

3. This one is fairly simple. When a user is banned, they are banned from communicating using these boards. If you help that person bypass that ban by posting on their behalf, regardless of the content, you are undermining the ban imposed on that person, and thus violating the rules.

I hope this helps clarify things a little :)
    Last edited by Allanon; 04-12-2017 at 12:32.
    "The phrase... 'Who's your daddy?'... comes to mind"

Please make any complaints or requests regarding moderation to myself directly or a member of the Game Administration staff. Complaints in threads will be purged as per forum policy

Thread Information