Thread: When and how to use War Spoils?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by changeling View Post
    Isn't warspoils duration spell? How do you get it to apply to only 1 attack (unless you already have armies coming several hours apart, though even then its hard to control duration, and that makes it even more situational, i.e. in a situation where having acres now vs. 2 hours from now would make a significant difference).
    Quote Originally Posted by changeling View Post
    Isn't warspoils duration spell? How do you get it to apply to only 1 attack (unless you already have armies coming several hours apart, though even then its hard to control duration, and that makes it even more situational, i.e. in a situation where having acres now vs. 2 hours from now would make a significant difference).
    Yea, Ws is a duration spell, but you can cast after your other hits or like you said, when the rest of your army is out. You could also cast it a tick or 2 before your first army returns.
    In war you should have great time management and attention of your military return times and cast accordingly.

Ws for the most part only lasts me 2-3 ticks. Because when I use it, ive already been deep chained and i dont have a high % of guilds, I need some land to slow the overpop and the desertions.
    Plus if its the first wave of being chained i still have a high enough offense and nw, so my hit will normally give me a good amount of land.

I use +attk times when chained to speard my incoming land out so 1) its harder for the enemy kd to try and catch my army right when it gets home
    (2)adding time to also catch another provs army when it returns and
    (3) because ive found (at least with me) that once im deep chained the hits never stop. So havimg land coming in every few ticks does make a difference for me.

I should state that I play avain so it might not work aswell as it has for me, with another race.

You are completely right about it being situational. Like i said i play avian mostly so when i was avian wh with the godspeed ritual up during war i was able to add +2hr and have my armies home in just over 8 ticks so it wasnt really hurting me to do so.

Using ws in war did help me alot whenni was a chain, will it help everyone? probably not. But war spoils is a situational spell to began with.
    Last edited by Horus85; 11-04-2018 at 21:47.

Thread Information