Final Thoughts

Utopia, the game itself, is a very playable game unto itself. Sadly, the community has cacooned itself under the pretenses of "necessary" tools and com systems. I'm often approached as a fool because the argument is "why not do it this way, because it's easier?"

You see the problem is more sinister than the children really understand. My exposure to this wiz-bang age of instant statistics is tempered by my intimate knowledge of the age before computers. Did you know in my industry that we worked faster and more accurately than we do now? Statisticians will always argue non-truths with data based in proving their interests. They can't argue something you know and live. Well, they can to you because we can't share experiences telepathically, and youth is more inclined to believe in their environment. You grew up with virtual reality, I grew up with reality.

Let's put it this way; when our systems fail at work I notice the current generation stops working. There is no understanding of the work without the tools that guide them. Workers of my generation can pick up with the added complication that we have to record things for you, but we go on. But before that, we didn't have to record the information in the complex way we do now. Our actions were instantaneous, as in, the human brain with systems we honed long ago that were very simple. So there was no computer to fail, no IT guys to suck money from the bottom line. We basically created a world where to explain some guys job is to fawn about paperlessness and instant statistics.

These things have their place if you're controlling minds. I mean truthfully, in utility, it's not that big a deal if you're moving anything. The statistical relevance is overemphasized because that's where intelligent bastards knew the rabbit hole goes the deepest. As long as the populace is convinced that data in all its forms is relevant to something you will have customers standing in line to buy it: not just monetarily but ideologically.

This pattern amuses me because in real life and in Utopia I've stood outside the toxic realm of data addiction. Am I less than a player who uses bots and instant messagers? No. I've got instinct and I perceive the game organically from here, looking at the data with naked eyes. I feel war. I know how it dances. At work I know the laziness of those who fail to do things properly. They lean on the system with a molasses like apathy, incapable of free thought for lack of will.

We have to practice our inherent enlightenment and not simply plug into the next crutch at every turn.