Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paladin successrate & duration

Post Fiend

Paladin successrate & duration

Hey there,

So I'm a Faery Paladin trying to cast on a Human Tactician. No defensive spells on the human, no ritual. In warCF, I have like 1.05 raw wpa, 30% channeling. The human has sub 0.2 raw wpa. about 15% land bigger and 10% NW bigger.
    I have 60% guilds and just failed 3/3 Patriotism. The average spell that I do land is 4-6 hrs (pat/rev). On my own prov the duration is around 10-12 hours.

... what is influencing the **** successrate and crap duration here?
    Regards,
    NighT

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by NighT View Post
    Hey there,

So I'm a Faery Paladin trying to cast on a Human Tactician. No defensive spells on the human, no ritual. In warCF, I have like 1.05 raw wpa, 30% channeling. The human has sub 0.2 raw wpa. about 15% land bigger and 10% NW bigger.
    I have 60% guilds and just failed 3/3 Patriotism. The average spell that I do land is 4-6 hrs (pat/rev). On my own prov the duration is around 10-12 hours.

... what is influencing the **** successrate and crap duration here?
    Regards,
    NighT
    You're casting spells on a kingdom that is at war and you aren't at war with (your own kingdom), so the -75% effectiveness for opping into a kd at war applies. If your kingdom has a barrier ritual up, multiply that by another -25% effectiveness.

Veteran
    We need more data points to draw conclusions.

Edit: Sorry this was in reply to the OP not to the 2nd post in the thread. it's a fair question - are you are war / do you have a KR up?

Enthusiast
    Night thought you where a better player then pick faery paladin

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Selephant View Post
    You're casting spells on a kingdom that is at war and you aren't at war with (your own kingdom), so the -75% effectiveness for opping into a kd at war applies. If your kingdom has a barrier ritual up, multiply that by another -25% effectiveness.
    Is is seriously true? Then the implementation of Paladin is just epic fail. This way the personality cannot even function as intended.

Post Fiend
    I know theres the double 75% negative for intra KD casting hostile spells... But you're not seriously suggesting selfspells are also affected by that are you ?! WarCF + Barrier ritual was up.

@Colhdhearted, not sure who you are. But Im but a simple nub, but boosting +10% ome when needed, or slap on some spells for a chain is kinda nice.

Post Fiend
    I know theres the double 75% negative for intra KD casting hostile spells... But you're not seriously suggesting selfspells are also affected by that are you ?! WarCF + Barrier ritual was up.

@Colhdhearted, not sure who you are. But Im but a simple nub, but boosting +10% ome when needed, or slap on some spells for a chain is kinda nice.
    Yes thats exactly what Im suggesting.

Post Fiend
    So that doesnt explain the crappy duration on those intra-casts. What's causing those?

It's pretty retarded that SUPPORT spells eat -75% for casting out of war, then another -75% for casting on a kingdom in war (your own). I get that the Ritual might muck things up (pretty stupid, but hey .. that's somewhat understandable), but that double -75% for casting SUPPORT spells on your own KD is retarded.

Regards,
    NighT

There is no penalty for paladin spells intra kd in war
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    Yippee .. then why am I blowing up wizards like mad on 60% guilds? I regularly fail 2/3 spells on the intra-KD humans. Those humans at 10-12% guilds. Successrate/duration based on both provs guilds?

Mod WPA, duration on guilds.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    @Bishop,
    I get that the successrate is wpa-based, but how on earth is a Faery Paladin @ 30% channeling / 1.05 (1.1 now) raw wpa still failing most of the spells on a Human Tactician @ 0.2-0.25 raw wpa (no sciences/ritual anymore)? I have trouble landing PI, Rev and Patriotism is near impossible. 1.43 mod vs 0.225 mod .. or about 6 times higher wpa with spells being "significantly" easier this age.

The spells that I do land, have crappy durations, especially compared to my own province. This is with NW being roughly 10-15% different and 60% guilds on my own prov / 10-12% guilds on the humans. Is the receiving-province guilds-percentage of importance here? Is there an auto -50% duration on Paladin cast spells (in support) or something?

Curious to hear what's causing the pretty crappy results.

Regards,
    NighT

I am no expert but Fae has no magic bonus. 1 wpa raw is nothing. Maybe when you hit 5 wpa? But I doubt you see results til you have 9 wap.
    Faery Bonuses All Spells
    Last edited by kendy; 02-06-2017 at 21:40.

Post Fiend
    Hey Kendy,
    That is correct, Faery has no offensive magic bonus other than Mages Fury (+20% offensive wpa). Keep in mind though, that it's not so much the total modified wpa that's important, but rather the relative wpa. At this point in the age, unless you've done some real pumping, most provinces arent at 5 raw wpa. The reason late age you'll want to be at a high wpa, is because the provinces you're casting on have a high wpa too.
    Currently, having six times the modified wpa as the receiving province has, should be more than plenty to land stuff. If it isnt, it means intra-landing spells is more difficult than landing MS / NM, which required roughly 5 to 4 times the modified wpa.

Regards,
    NighT

Strategy Moderator
    @Bishop,
    I have trouble landing PI, Rev and Patriotism is near impossible. 1.43 mod vs 0.225 mod .. or about 6 times higher wpa with spells being "significantly" easier this age.
    Pat is considered a "hard" spell.
    http://thedragonportal.eu/guides/26/magic.htm
    Relative difficulty on par with nightmares. THOUGH i think nightmares had they difficultly reduced since age 26. Easy thing to compare is last age near the end of the age my kd ran elf counts heretics doing nm waves...i'd say we needed a 4:1 ratio to cast at 80% success.

So basically if you failed 3/3 that'd put pat as a bit harder than nm waving maybe its more on par with MS/LL. Either way 6:1 your probubly just geting unlucky try counting over 40-50 casts and i bet your more like 60-40 succes/fail at 6 relative wpa. not unrealistic.

As for crap duration "15% land bigger and 10% NW bigger" your starting to fall off optimal range of casting maybe not to the extent i'd exepct your seeing but its not unreasonable.

Thread Information