Thread: ask noobium

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Fiend
    Hey man, I understand that dwarfs are not a popular core, but why are they the least picked race when people talk so highly of them? Also, what personality would you go for with dwarf? i'm looking to gain acres, create a nw gap, then shut up shop and create some gold. Currently on a dwarf merchant and its working pretty decent.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by FATstrat View Post
    Hey man, I understand that dwarfs are not a popular core, but why are they the least picked race when people talk so highly of them? Also, what personality would you go for with dwarf? i'm looking to gain acres, create a nw gap, then shut up shop and create some gold. Currently on a dwarf merchant and its working pretty decent.
    Because Dwarves are seen as boring and dull? I dunno.
    They're not as good as they were last age but they're still pretty good.

Just bear in mind that Dwarves are pretty weak for short-term wars, and it takes some work to prevent Dwarf from turning into a landfarm. That said the easiest way to prevent that is to pick Cleric, now that it's buffed back to -50% losses. Merchant works fine too, mostly for how easy it is to rebuild with them.

Forget about "building a nw gap" - if people need to topfeed to bring down a breakable province, they will - or they'll just massacre so it's left a very large landfarm in prime nw range. Think more about being unbreakable or 1-tappable if you can, and handling a chain if you can't (which is more often the case in warring kingdoms). You don't want to drop too low in nw that you can't hit a target, but that usually only happens if you get chained from a really bad position (something which your racial bonuses are pretty good at preventing actually). The tradeoff is that Dwarves have the weakest or second-weakest set of offensive outputs, depending on how good Avian would be for you.

Training defense too early can be a mistake, if your defense is too far from secure - better to train offspec or nothing at all than to throw money and soldiers away.

Forum Addict
    Which race/personality make the best bank? Taking into consideration the ease of growing right after oop, and later in age. Also during war, which type of bank can be effective and versatile.
    Last edited by Feint; 07-01-2015 at 00:59. Reason: So far, I saw dwarf/faery/human, not sure of their personality though

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Feint View Post
    Which race/personality make the best bank? Taking into consideration the ease of growing right after oop, and later in age. Also during war, which type of bank can be effective and versatile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feint View Post
    I am contemplating to try for growth next age..so i reckon human sage as a better option?
    You cant get correct answer when we don't know next age changes. Still here is more from one correct answer. No perfect setups all depend from how you manage your kingdom and your politic.
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Thread Information