Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
My advice is lead by example, know what you're doing and show others that you know what you're doing by proving it. When it comes time to vote a Monarch in Freeze you present your argument why you want to be Monarch and what you can offer the Kingdom by being it's leader. If they believe in you then it's time to step up to the challenge!
I have to agree with this, people will be a lot more willing to do what is asked of them, if you show you are willing to do what you ask. If you can't get your hands dirty with your troops, they are going to be a lot less likely to dirty their hands for you.

@Zombies - I can't say I have seen a lot of monarchs overthrown in my time. I played a lot in my younger days in an honor whoring kingdom, and never had any aspirations to lead, though I do remember leading once or twice in more ghetto kingdoms. I only recently started playing again, and usually end up leading more because I'm the only competent player willing to do it (10 years in my career means I get a lot of leadership experience whether I want it or not!). I lean heavily on my top players, to help fill in my knowledge gaps and to make sure I don't overlook an important detail.