Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How did USA become such a messed up country?

Forum Addict

How did USA become such a messed up country?

Where did it go wrong?

I mean, no social security, no health coverage, 40 million poor, plenty more trailer trash, a middle class withering away, religious fanatics taking over, mad cowboy presidents and ignorance flourishing.

What do you think went wrong?
    ABS vs Rangers

Veteran
    special interest groups dictating government policies.

First it started with people wanting freedom of religion.... then freedom of choice... freedoms lead corporations to manipulate the pockets of the government officials because of THEIR religious beliefs. I could go on and on forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2
    I should get a medal for all the common sense I highlight on a daily basis.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Bishop> I don't dislike Ezzerland
    <Bishop> We are just incompatible

<~Palem> I read that as "snuffleupegas gropes Palem" twice lol

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    People like Stoffi talking garbage at every possible chance.

Let's read up on the latest news out of Norway. Oh that's right, there is none, because no one cares about Norway.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    People like Stoffi talking garbage at every possible chance.

Let's read up on the latest news out of Norway. Oh that's right, there is none, because no one cares about Norway.
    You would get banned/warned for that if you weren't the moderator.... ;) Both for rude post and derailing.

This thread is perfectly legit. USA is a messed up country, tens of millions of poor, a middle class withering away, religious fanatics on the rise, psychos getting into power both in states and national... I see it as only a matter of time before you'll see large riots like in the Arab world or Ukraine. 10 years, 30 years, 50 years. You're headed off the cliff.

2 people already presented their theories.
    ABS vs Rangers

Just cause you dont know where to look doesnt mean there is no news out of Norway just makes you ignorant.

The United States of America is most definately one of the best countries on Earth.
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    You would get banned/warned for that if you weren't the moderator.... ;) Both for rude post and derailing.
    Be a Troll. Get trolled. Trollololololol

This thread is perfectly legit. USA is a messed up country, tens of millions of poor, a middle class withering away, religious fanatics on the rise, psychos getting into power both in states and national... I see it as only a matter of time before you'll see large riots like in the Arab world or Ukraine. 10 years, 30 years, 50 years. You're headed off the cliff.
    lol @ your religious fanatic BS. Believe it or not, but some people do believe in god. Also believe it or not, not everything that a political candidate says is reality. They say things that will win them votes. Telling huge crowds of people that you pray to god about being president and getting an answer will win a person a lot of uneducated votes.

Also, what happened to America? We got done fighting 2 wars. You know... that thing that Norway hasn't done in 2 centuries because if you did you would just be "New Germany"...

Rest of your post is complete garbage and not even worth addressing. Come talk to me when Norway actually has "tens of millions of people"...

Palem - If you cant act as a moderator perhaps you shouldnt be one to begin with.

We got done fighting 2 wars. You know... that thing that Norway hasn't done in 2 centuries because if you did you would just be "New Germany"...
    Is that something to proud over, two very failed wars in alot of aspects.

Come talk to me when Norway actually has "tens of millions of people"...
    What relevancy has the amount of people living in a country has to do with it? Just looking at most ways Norway certainly is a more sucessfull country, they would been independntly being larger than US or not.

How is Norway more succesful than the USA?

???
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I can act as a mod. But I will troll trolls (That's why I'm not responding to your responses :) ). We both know I'm a very good mod ;)

How is Norway more succesful than the USA?

???
    Education, less criminality, wellfare, healthcare, you name it, they are better.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I can act as a mod. But I will troll trolls (That's why I'm not responding to your responses :) ). We both know I'm a very good mod ;)
    Trolling someone as a moderator sends out wrong signals obviously you do understand that as well.

I name it?

Economy.

Military.

Assistance to the world as a whole.

???

People in America can further their education far better than those in Norway, i live in Australia and even i know that. Do you mean less criminality as a whole or by percentages of the total population? I don't know enough about either countries welfare of healthcare but if Norway and America ever got 'down to it' Norway would just be a smoking crater in the ground. America has done more good for the Earth as a whole than Norway has done.

I do not understand this anti American sentiment? Is it just jealously? Hating the 'guy at the top'?

America is better than Norway. Maybe we should start a poll. I am willing to put $$$ that America would be voted better than Norway. It would just be you and stoffi voting for Norway lol.
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Trolling someone as a moderator sends out wrong signals obviously you do understand that as well.
    Yea, but just closing a troll thread seems like such a defeat. Might as well make some use of it and make the troll look foolish. That way people won't fall into future trollings. This is the politics board after all. These threads won't be falling off anytime soon lol

meanwhile in Africa .......

Thread Information