Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Change Plague Mechanics

Post Demon

Change Plague Mechanics

Simple change, make it so that Plague can be spread by Undeads on offensive operations, but will not be spread when they are attacked by others, make it an ACTIVE thing only.

Right now it's extremely hard to fight UD KDs as your TMs pretty much cannot take land from them once you put them on landdef. Chance of getting plague in a quad-tap are about 100%, and so far this age my experience has been that NB doesn't have a cure rate of 20% but more something inbetween 10-15%.

Forum Fanatic
    I disagree. If you attack a undead you should have the same chance of getting the plague.No reason to make mages exempt from it attacking beaten down undeads in war .just the chance you take.
    some wars the 20% seems low. some times its just bad luck.try a few more hospitals.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

suck it up! There is advanges to all races! this is just one of them

Post Fiend
    if it's 20% to transmit the plague on defense, then it's 40% to get plagued on a quad tap.
    I believe you're 10-15% estimate is as reliable as the "about 100%".

Quote Originally Posted by chalsdk View Post
    suck it up! There is advanges to all races! this is just one of them
    Because -75% losses on attacks and no food required aren't enough :D.

I also disagree with this - unds are the only race that has some natural defense against t/ms when its deep chained but doesnt have good starting off like other attackers.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by SlightlyOverdosed View Post
    if it's 20% to transmit the plague on defense, then it's 40% to get plagued on a quad tap.
    Sure? Because I get 59.04% chance for plague on a quad.

Regular
    I don't mind this aspect of plague, it's one of the benefits of the race. If you want an easy target for your tms then chain a different race. What I don't like at all, however, is the randomness of it- both in getting plagued and clearing it.

Post Fiend
    I meant to not get plagued, you are correct. still far from about 100%, wouldn't you agree?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SlightlyOverdosed View Post
    I meant to not get plagued, you are correct. still far from about 100%, wouldn't you agree?
    0.8^4 =40.96% chance of not getting plague. Not great odds. :p

I wouldn't mind something like this. Undeads are very very strong in the warring tier as it is, and paired with warrior/cleric = mayhem. The only races that have better offense are humans and orcs, and that doesn't last very long. There's no way to let undead offense die without doing workup, and adding constant plague into the mix makes them a pain to war against...
    Last edited by Nightmare_; 22-11-2014 at 15:20.

Forum Fanatic
    t/m being unable to hit ud without plague risk is one of the few things that makes undead viable when fighting t/m-heavy kingdoms, otherwise the t/m just tears through undead in every other respect. it's certainly not been too big a deal when i use t/m against undead core, just note the risk of plague and don't waste my armies if i'm not willing to cure it.

given that undead is one of if not the weakest race this age, nerfing the one thing that makes them viable doesn't seem like a smart move...

Post Demon
    Point is that in my experience the chance of getting plague on a quad-tap isn't even 60%, it's 90%. NB isn't 20%, I have enough samples now to know that that simply isn't true. Guide is simply wrong there. I need on average about 8-9 NBs to get rid of the plague, already on 5 occasions this age I've needed more than 20). So there are a few things they can do:

1. Put offensive plague contagion on 15%, defensive on 10%. Still a 40% chance to get it when feeding. Give NB a 25% chance to instant-cure, PLUS a 25% chance to cure it each tick it's on.
    2. Remove the %DME from plague, but make it so that population decreases every hour by 5%.

Some other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bukharistan View Post
    Point is that in my experience the chance of getting plague on a quad-tap isn't even 60%, it's 90%. NB isn't 20%, I have enough samples now to know that that simply isn't true. Guide is simply wrong there. I need on average about 8-9 NBs to get rid of the plague, already on 5 occasions this age I've needed more than 20). So there are a few things they can do:

1. Put offensive plague contagion on 15%, defensive on 10%. Still a 40% chance to get it when feeding. Give NB a 25% chance to instant-cure, PLUS a 25% chance to cure it each tick it's on.
    2. Remove the %DME from plague, but make it so that population decreases every hour by 5%.

Some other stuff.
    You are wrong.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Demon
    give us insight in the mechanics. I cannot look into the codes. All I can do is go by practice, and going by practice is takes way longer than the average 5 tries it should be.

The chance of needing 20 NBs to cure the plague is c. 1/470 trillion. This happened to me already twice now, once this age once the last. A KD-mate of mine spent 40% of his mana, and assuming he failed 10%, that were about 11 tries. He then NBed every tick after that, after 18 ticks the plague was gone (he's faery, so that's another 24 tries. 35 tries... get real lol. Can't be 20%.
    Last edited by Bukharistan; 24-11-2014 at 17:10.

You have more than an insight, you have the exact mechanic - its a flat 20% chance to cure. Your sample size is small and your math is wrong, please check again.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums

Thread Information