Thread: respect for Ted Cruz

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by lampost View Post
    Oh really??? You may not like the guy, but Cruz was clearly the one who could have beaten Trump in a 1v1.
    Could have, but he forgot that the big money wing of the GOP doesn't exactly love him, and there was a lot of #NeverCruz in the GOP; helping to unleash the dogs against Jeb? solidified the GOPe's hate of the man, leading to that utterly moronic 4-way voting strategy ****. Really the whole GOPe is to blame for their years of stupidity and hamfisted attempts to control the primary process through the most convoluted method possible, but Cruz is the X-Factor that really allowed Trumpism to gain traction. He really had to be ready to knife Trump in the back hard and come out with hit after hit to attack at his base. The attack ads he did run were some pretty weak sauce that played well to groups he already locked up, but failed to slice mini-Hitler's throat like they could have.

I don't know if that would have changed anything though - the GOP is a dying elephant and Trump is just the festering symptom of it.
    Really the GOP needs to Learn2Rig primaries. Hillary showed you all how it's done in the DNC.

Enthusiast
    Good, its refreshing that a principled guy runs with a consistent message whether you agree with him or not. You can hardly blame him as 1/15 or so candidates because he didnt attack one of them. Fact is he was best placed to beat Trump, but the so called moderates and establishment would not back him for whatever reason. Again, I dont think you can blame Cruz for Trump and its the first I'v really heard someone suggest that. Kasich on the other hand was Trumps biggest enabler as was Rubio.

Cruz isnt a panderer, and he showed it this week. Thats why the left and media were more scared of him than Trump. Trump is 'malleable.'

Thread Information