Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Help me choose

but its inflated NW!

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by gergnub View Post
    but its inflated NW!
    and at 1k acres, its a 6k nw diff, for 22k turtling def =)
    which is quite a bit =)

Post Fiend
    i see where your coming from.

i guess it depends on the kd in your in, your position within the kd, and how often you war.

at one point i last age was the largest in my kd,

~400-500 k while the avg size was ~200-300, roughly my numbers were

20k off spec
    12k def
    15k elite

the fact that i shaved off +40k nw by running specs would really help when im trying to bottem feed in wars...

if your in a kd that constantly wars, i still stand by the fact that running 90% elite is no good.

greenie,
    gergie was a bit sarcastic..

gergie, ill race you to 400nwpa!

Post Fiend
    Go 1:1:1. Best of all worlds.

Run no troops and u won't have to worry about nwpa and turtling..

I found spec credits rly useful in war, and in post war training troops.. And I wouldn't be training off specs, having no turtling ability isn't worth having lower nwpa
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Syiss View Post
    Go 1:1:1. Best of all worlds.
    how?
    when most gnomes run 18-20 pop/acre in military alone, thats 6-7 o-specs/acre?

which completely ruins a gnomes turtling ability (30 dpa raw gone!) for a measely 7.5 nw/a

keeping 3-4 defspecs (dragon killing), and rest elites is only way to run a gnome =)

Regular
    not sure why one would need more then 80-85 dpa OOW. Technically the more elites you run the lower your networth per acre defense is. Everything needs a balance so therefore i would run enough dspec to leave 25 dpa at all times, enough elites to get 85 dpa when armies is home, then the rest on ospecs. Not to mention during war, you are always attacking so not sure why u wouldnt want to maximize your gain.

And also it really depends what kingdom you are in . You bascailly be safe if you run 60 dpa at all times in a active retalling kingdom. I ran 70 dpa with my armies out in my ghetto kingdom and i still get hit alot.

The only reason why i would think top gnome kingdom run all elites is because they are chasing for the top NW charts, so running all elites is a extra boost for them to get up there.

so if your gonna be a heavy attacker (Gnome/rogue), how would a 2 Elites:1 off spec work out?

You wont be a heavy attacker gnome with rogue personality ;) go with warrior instead.

greenie, you did miss my sarcasm there :P

and raki, your on! tho i fear my nubness will be the downfall of me!

Post Fiend
    a good est is 60% specs 40% elites so your not so inflated on the NW.

not to mention you can help slay draggies =)

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by WestVenom View Post
    a good est is 60% specs 40% elites so your not so inflated on the NW.

not to mention you can help slay draggies =)
    nw inflation is over-hyped =)
    60:40 is a bad split

The optimizing of NW for better grabs is as greenie says overhyped. Seems to me they focus solely on the one point, less gains.
    More NW makes you keep your land OOW by turtling, you can keep more def home when you attack in wars.

I don't get it, you have gnome and then you choose not to use it's strenghts.. And the worst of it is that it's the n00bs that carry the banner of not going all elite, and they only do it because somewhere there's a rumor that it ruins your gain.

It's the same thing as with the stupid "No pk" in war rules that 6 attacks a day kds run. They've heard somewhere that it can be done and they'll be damned if they fall in that trap };->

I say use the cheap, hardy elites. Use them to safely hoard land in wars and keep it out of wars.

Most of the nw is due to the land anyway.. So why not go barren as halfer? it'd prolly yield the same result. Less nw and less army, but better BE ;)

I don't understand how you can claim that an obvious disadvantage - natural networth-inflation - can be a 'big' strength, and you people aren't able to give an adequate answer.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

VT2, i think ur the most ignored person on these blogs arent ya :)

but Gothmog...when you have over 15k elites in there, doesnt that small excess in NW/elite make a real big difference? I was thinking about, assuming no major changes are made, of going 3 elites to 1, along with some training grounds so i dont have to send out AS many elites and keep some def at home

Thread Information