Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye EU... Hello solo

Forum Fanatic
    To be fear Cameron's basic argument is that "change is hard, leaving the EU is too complicated so just don't rock the boat k?" A better politician would have been able to make an argument which resonated to get out more of the vote for Remain.

My first instinct is that the rig was in for Remain, but perhaps I was wrong and a rig was in for Leave? Maybe the power in the EU doesn't want to hear Britain talking about reforming the unelected EU government and secretly wants this to happen? I dunno, but I don't have the greatest faith in the bourgie democratic process.

The problem with a unified humanity is that it really isn't going to be, not when 80% of humanity is deemed superfluous and cancerous. No one is ever going to ever question that until they start slaughtering some sacred cows.

Forum Addict
    Why think for yourself when you can always find a scapegoat to blame?

Discussing about a lack of intelligence is misleading if it implies some kind of organic/genetic/whathaveyou defect that makes rational thinking impossible. It's a cultural problem.

Quote Originally Posted by noobium View Post
    The problem is that you're not dealing with caricatures, you're dealing with pissed-off people who will act, in one way or another. Usually those people do minor, stupid **** beneath the notice of decent, civilized people, but in this case they had a decision that will bite them in the ass, and Remain wasn't able to muster a decent counter-argument to the people who are pissed about globalization and taking it out on immigrants; nor were they able to make a decent argument to the older voters whose pensions are going to ****ed as a result.

Take Trump - I honestly believe no one should be voting for that pile of suet, but the reality is that many cannot tolerate four more years of Obama. Hillary's going to have to make a convincing case for liberal policy to address problems with the ACA, a looming social security crisis, and the problem of outrageous, extortionate education costs.
    The common theme for those that voted for leaving was Old people, poorly educated and working class. Its very hard to counter those kind of people, they vote with heart not with mind.

Veteran
    See your missing the point it's about freedom. To be free takes sacrifices and British people did the right thing. I hope Americans do the right thing by voting Trump in so we can take our country back. Political elites think they can do whatever they want. Look at crooked Hilary she sold out our country on several occasions as Secretary of State. Faces no punishment and some would actually vote for her to be president. Watch her first act as president will be to sell nukes for donations to her charity. The entire system is a joke and I am glad Britain had the courage to say no more. Let's hope Americans have the same courage.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by handofthrawn View Post
    Let's hope Americans have the same stupidity.
    Fixed that for you

I like to post
    There is significant correlation between political views and uto success.

Forum Fanatic
    See your missing the point it's about freedom. To be free takes sacrifices and British people did the right thing. I hope Americans do the right thing by voting Trump in so we can take our country back. Political elites think they can do whatever they want. Look at crooked Hilary she sold out our country on several occasions as Secretary of State. Faces no punishment and some would actually vote for her to be president. Watch her first act as president will be to sell nukes for donations to her charity. The entire system is a joke and I am glad Britain had the courage to say no more. Let's hope Americans have the same courage.
    There were legitimate grievances with the EU, how it's run and whether Britain should have been part of it as it was. It wasn't entirely a vote based on racism, and there wasn't enough enthusiasm on the left for Remain. It was mostly a centrist position based on not rocking the boat, and because most people believe that being in was just better than being out in the short term.

Trump is not a vote for freedom. He's a straw man who if elected will do absolutely nothing good and probably defer to the neocons on all policy; he's the perfect way for the establishment to **** over the people of the country without getting blood on their hands.
    Also, you do realize Trump and the Clintons are great friends, and Trump is doing everything he can to throw the election?
    Last edited by noobium; 01-07-2016 at 04:10.

Scribe
    Trump is not a vote for freedom. He's a straw man who if elected will do absolutely nothing good and probably defer to the neocons on all policy; he's the perfect way for the establishment to **** over the people of the country without getting blood on their hands.
    Also, tou do realize Trump and the Clintons are great friends, and Trump is doing everything he can to throw the election?
    Its an interesting connection if one can conceive the dems orchestrated Trump as the oppositional character under their control. I have a disdain for the 2 party system and think we need more voices to choose from, so my vote is going to Gary Johnson.

Freedom my hole. A bunch of thick racists fed outright lies by another racist - proof here - http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7102831.html

Wales and Cornwall already looking for the EU funding handouts to continue.

Cameron jumping ship because he knows what a ****up this will be.

On the other hand, it's now way cheaper for me to bring a car in from the UK and nip across the border for booze. Also a lot of talk about UK companies relocating to Ireland for trade with the EU.
    Last edited by Bishop; 26-06-2016 at 18:16.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

There were legitimate grievances with the EU, how it's run and whether Britain should have been part of it as it was. It wasn't entirely a vote based on racism, and there wasn't enough enthusiasm on the left for Remain. It was mostly a centrist position based on not rocking the boat, and because most people believe that being in was just better than being out in the short term.

Also, tou do realize Trump and the Clintons are great friends, and Trump is doing everything he can to throw the election?
    For a huge amount of people it was absolutely about racism - Muslims and immigrants coming in and taking peoples jobs and the EU forced the UK to accept them. Sure they were several legitimate and compelling arguments for leaving but do not think for a second that peoples prejudices and ignorance were not exploited.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Also the UK politicians were forever shifting blame for issues onto the EU, no way were they going to reverse that narrative in such a short space of time.

I just wanna know... Will this brexit affect utopia...

Odd of Absalom

Beastblood is #oddplay

˙ppo ǝɹɐ noʎ
    #odd
    Odd is a three-edged sword.
    ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkz Azn View Post
    I just wanna know... Will this brexit affect utopia...
    Only thing that matters really...
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Forum Fanatic
    Obviously ye olde racism was a driver for Leave, but I've read from people on the far left who just want to see the world burn and FSU the financial sector.

I think this is like Donald Trump wrecking the GOP primary. The far right has gone ape**** and burned conservatism. If only the left had any balls and could go in for the kill.

I keep hearing people say the EU forced people into taking in migrants...But do you all forget that one of the bigger political powers in the EU WAS Great Brittan itself? And that GB itselfs was no small party in the organisation and governing of the current EU? And that, from now on, the EU WILL take decisions which Great Brittan will have to follow WITHOUT theire own concent.

I find it kind of ironic.

Also, I am Dutch, living in smart folks bubble. Of which many of the smartest moved to London. And some of them already canceled theire jobs and are busy moving out. GB does not ONLY loose those dreaded poor refugees, but also loads of brain-power. Well done:P

Also, welcome to stay, dear Scottish:D It would be strange if the English can leave the EU freely and you would not be able to leave the UK freely. Would it not?

Thread Information