Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Beast Blood VS Emeriti

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I think I gave him plenty of time to cool off. I told him he needed to chill out yesterday.

Anyway, back on topic

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I think I gave him plenty of time to cool off. I told him he needed to chill out yesterday.

Anyway, back on topic
    Why quote all the posts but the bannable one?

"having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    Let Mike blow off some steam, that's what this forum is for in case you haven't noticed yet.
    That's actually not the purpose of these forums. If you'd like to make utopia forums for the purpose of blowing off steam, please feel free.

You ban him but you don't ban someone like Judge.
    *headspin*

Also, you ban me for ASKING if you were dumb in a JOKE.
    If you would like to discuss the moderation, feel free to take it to PM. It's not for discussion in the forums.

That said, I told Bishop to ban you as I have no tolerance for insulting core moderation team, and here's a fancy fact: sarcasm isn't something that comes across in text.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffT View Post
    ..... and here's a fancy fact: sarcasm isn't something that comes across in text.
    It doesn't? 8O?!?!
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    Well they wouldn't get a 3x land drop in the same age for starters!
    There were 3 times there was hits.

1. OoP we gained land trading with 8:18. Noone was hitting them but us and so they were clear of GBP, they explored, we gained 20% more per hit over 20+ hits on each side. We CFed up acres.

2. June YR0 8:18 breaks cf and hits to just before hostile. We retaliate to even land exchanged, we are waved to hostile by 2:5, 8:18 takes 200 a before we close relations and war 2:5 less than 4 hours later.

At this point these 2 "land drops" out us even land, I'm sure exactly every whore's dream, 2 waves for +0 acres. But tell yourself LD LD.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    The BR is problematic, no doubt. We have enough chastity power that it is also an option that in a longer war we could use that to control the avians with higher population space.

Too many ifs could be. If we spend too much on pop control do the Emeriti TM's open a cow. If we control tot he TM's, are they able to bring econ in faster than we can gain acres control. If if if if if.

This was the most interesting war in a very long time. This has also been the most interesting EoA in a very long time.

All in all, I think just about everyone should be feeling pretty good about this.

I think this age does suggest a few things.
    1) WH maybe can drop honor bonus back to 110% from 125%
    2) Avian BR prbably should be dropped to 30%.
    3) science balance worked much better this age.
    4) spell books between the various TM's should be looked at a little closer to make them a bit more interesting. I think the addition of the paladin personailty (if it happens) may address this.
    5) This conflict illustrates why there should still be a common explore pool because of how much it encourages teamwork.
    Common explore pool? There's a ritual for that*

*ritual = app. We'll call it adult swim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

I like to post
    That said, I told Bishop to ban you as I have no tolerance for insulting core moderation team, and here's a fancy fact: sarcasm isn't something that comes across in text.
    I think you meant you have no time for anyone insulting <full stop> anyone. Giving mods extra protection on these forums is fine, but then dont appoint mods that explicitly involve themselves in whatever happens inside the game. It reeks of corruption/favoritism and will only work toward further alienating the downtrodden.

If you want to attract new players and get them to stay, start by giving actually new players positions in your team. Atm only oldies and vested interests are represented.

On the forums a nice façade is put up to give the "nobodies" the feeling they actually have any input while all real decisions are being taken behind closed doors, within chatgroups with old friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    It doesn't? 8O?!?!
    I sense sarcasm!!!! ;-)
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    I think you meant you have no time for anyone insulting <full stop> anyone. Giving mods extra protection on these forums is fine, but then dont appoint mods that explicitly involve themselves in whatever happens inside the game. It reeks of corruption/favoritism and will only work toward further alienating the downtrodden.

If you want to attract new players and get them to stay, start by giving actually new players positions in your team. Atm only oldies and vested interests are represented.

On the forums a nice façade is put up to give the "nobodies" the feeling they actually have any input while all real decisions are being taken behind closed doors, within chatgroups with old friends.
    In case anyone else thought we were going to have a discussion about moderation policy after I said it was for PM:
    We aren't.

As to the rest of this nonsense; I know that you personally want to have a role in the game Bart. Giving you a role when you actively go out of your way to do things that are destructive for the game (e.g. bragging about disbanding kds and getting people to quit) would be exactly what you accuse us of -- clear favoritism.

If you want to have a conversation about this, you know that the forums aren't the appropriate place to try to have it.
    Last edited by JeffT; 19-05-2017 at 20:16.

If you want to have a conversation, you know that the forums aren't the appropriate place to try to have it.
    This much we agree.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by umajon911 View Post
    I sense sarcasm!!!! ;-)
    I don't.

@ sexual harassment panda. I know, but I offer consideration for their choice to stay in war rather than WD. I have no agenda. Some good guys are in there and that's why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCtSa0exAH0
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 19-05-2017 at 20:19.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by AquaSeaFoam View Post
    It's very difficult to beat a kingdom in a long war when they have 2.15M peasants vs your 700k peasants. It's very hard to control peasants vs a big avian core. In a long war, a huge econ advantage combined with a big land advantage allows taking down larger provinces by bouncing if necessary. BB made this into one of the best top wars in a long time, it's just too bad the age ends before the war could come to it's ultimate conclusion.

Edit: Also, anyone asking for stats can get view on tf.munk.net
    http://tf.umunk.net/#war=2&id1=87&id2=368

BeastBlood
    31,862,506gc (-38,054,293) 165,741 acres (-27,038)

Emeriti
    36,966,025gc (-29,842,767) 206,302 acres (11,204)
    Ask yourself this though, if age wasnt ending, how would things look if we had used cows to mass for 3 days? We'd end up with a 40k+ halfling hosting like a million peasants feeding the kd. The whole culprit of this war is eoa. We did what we did because of the age end. Emeriti did the same.

Quote Originally Posted by protector View Post
    Ask yourself this though, if age wasnt ending, how would things look if we had used cows to mass for 3 days? We'd end up with a 40k+ halfling hosting like a million peasants feeding the kd. The whole culprit of this war is eoa. We did what we did because of the age end. Emeriti did the same.
    This is very true. Age is ending very soon, so there was no point in the bank doing massacres that would have helped win a long-term war. Instead, BB wanted to secure the prov land-crown, which required the cow to trad march instead of massacre. If this war had happened 2 weeks ago, I think BB would have dominated with that huge cow.
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

One thing is for sure, it's fun when there is actually some action at the top in the end :P
    Played in Freeakstyle from 2009 to age 72 (2017) <3 - 7honor 1war crown | On a break

Thread Information