Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Spartans v Spartans

It's quite hilarious, the KD and the person swearing on doing "the right thing" above all plants moles into KDs, has snitches everywhere, really Emeriti, BB, it's all the same. Talk about things that make people leave the game... I'm here to stay though just to spite the agenda.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Director of Age Changes
    It's almost like people called out the bad mechanics that were to be put in place at the start of the age. And then they did nothing about it.

Game devolved to warring your friends, carefully worded CFs and dealbreaks.

What a **** show. Hope they're taking notes.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Enthusiast
    The devs are in a tough spot on this one given that they haven't actioned other stuff earlier in the age. I mean it's really hard to justify actioning this now while not actioning it early or not actioning pandas vs div. At the end of the day, the game does rely on some level of self-policing. BB did dealbreak into policing action that they had no problem with a few weeks ago. Them getting dodged into a friendly conflict is on them not reading the situation right.

If the rest of the top feels this war is out of line then they are free to hit into it. There's certainly the numbers for this if enough people really give a **** to do more than ***** and moan. I personally don't really care as I have a hard time saying that this should be actioned whereas previous fights weren't.

And people complaining about the mechanics need to chill a bit. The individual pools lets the top play with ourselves and gain acres from each other rather than harassing the rest of the game for our land. Obviously it's heightened tensions a ton, but the old system was really unfair to non-competing kds (aka 95%+ of the playerbase). The only real problems are dwarves having a 9 def elite and ww bonus being the same in a 48 hour war or a 2000 hour war. Ww bonuses should scale with time with diminishing returns up to a cap.

Whatever you do, it's hard to fix the rotten people that thrive in this game.
    I don't blame the developers for that.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    Whatever you do, it's hard to fix the rotten people that thrive in this game.
    I don't blame the developers for that.
    We all have dirty histories from the owners to the mods and down. And we all keep out pulling **** on each other to get even with previous **** which then means more **** in the future.

Besides me because of course I'm clean like Mr. Clean.

theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Quote Originally Posted by cRs View Post
    That wasnt us :) fluffy I think?

Back on topic:

Congratz new owners for bringing old uto back!
    We have dbs, fake wars, non conbat wars You name it! We just need abs back and the new old utopia is back :)

/enjoying all this sh^tplay up there :)

There is actually already an Absalom reuinion thread going on Facebook. We all know the game went downhill once Abs left so its time to restore it again

#bringbackabs
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    Spartans were policing Pandas who DBed CR. BB DBed Spartans and waved them. Spartans sought a way out, and luckily Spartans were available to war.

With the precedent that got set by Pandas and Divinity, one side does not need to hit in order for a war to be a war. Now let's see if the Devs share this line of thought or whether they're gonna measure with 2 yard sticks.

1:19 v 2:2
    There were ~14 hits from 1 side and like 100+ from the other.

AW to several provs.

Lots of LL

Tons of FB.

a billion ETs

a half billion SWs

Lots of OPs.

Does your war meet all of the above?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by sexual harassment panda View Post
    The devs are in a tough spot on this one given that they haven't actioned other stuff earlier in the age. I mean it's really hard to justify actioning this now while not actioning it early or not actioning pandas vs div. At the end of the day, the game does rely on some level of self-policing. BB did dealbreak into policing action that they had no problem with a few weeks ago. Them getting dodged into a friendly conflict is on them not reading the situation right.

If the rest of the top feels this war is out of line then they are free to hit into it. There's certainly the numbers for this if enough people really give a **** to do more than ***** and moan. I personally don't really care as I have a hard time saying that this should be actioned whereas previous fights weren't.

And people complaining about the mechanics need to chill a bit. The individual pools lets the top play with ourselves and gain acres from each other rather than harassing the rest of the game for our land. Obviously it's heightened tensions a ton, but the old system was really unfair to non-competing kds (aka 95%+ of the playerbase). The only real problems are dwarves having a 9 def elite and ww bonus being the same in a 48 hour war or a 2000 hour war. Ww bonuses should scale with time with diminishing returns up to a cap.

again have you seen the papers? prov news? or are you just assuming what Bart says is true?

Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    Plot thickens. BB mole just deleted his prov, claiming he "wanted to be a neutral factor".

God I almost feel sorry for Emeriti now.
    huh? SN or it didn't happen.. Cause it didn't happen.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    A friendly reminder to play nice

Post Fiend
    have you? or are you just assuming it's untrue ?

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by octobrev View Post
    ESP in action. For some reason I was drawn to watch exploding whale videos yesterday.

Oh, and it's not the mechanics it's that optimized strat caused a log jam. If we all admit we have friends in mini-alliances we could look at dynamic duo-strats breaking up the clog. Colossus and Wolverine gave us the fastball special. :)
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 18-07-2017 at 23:19.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Jeff/David/Bishop need to do a thorough examination of this behavior and determine if action is necessary.

The comparison between Divinity/Barcoloco is not appropriate and any attempt to equate the two is misleading.

Despite their propaganda, Sparta and "Jesters" are no doubt allied. Divinity and Barcoloco are anything but and despite what anyone may think there was no prior collusion to make the war play out as it did. If Divinity should have been punished then I believe that the owners would have stepped in. An analysis of the numbers and activity from both sides would lead to the conclusion that Divinity was simply trying to eliminate their unit disadvantage before opening themselves up and were unable to do so. This is a consequence of the current mechanics and meta.

Also, neither Divinity nor Barcoloco was engaged in a conflict. Neither had even been given notice. They simply chose to war at relatively equal size as opposed to being taxed by CR, and the CF's in place allowed this completely. "Jesters" unequivocally dodged an active conflict with Beastblood in this situation.

Bart and Matija, shame on you both. You are disgraceful as leaders and it is truly a testament to how far the game has fallen that either of you are relevant in any way whatsoever. Even Anri was much healthier for the community than you two.

Quote Originally Posted by Thad View Post

Bart and Matija, shame on you both. You are disgraceful as leaders and it is truly a testament to how far the game has fallen that either of you are relevant in any way whatsoever. Even Anri was much healthier for the community than you two.
    Lest we forget that Anry demanded unlimited waves on Pew Pew til they kicked Ovenmitt. Demanding players leave the game is probably the worst thing for game health.
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Thread Information