Music of Utopia:

Realating game play to music is a way of identifying the fun. True musicians can be identified by their interest in playing and entertaining the endurance of their years. The cultural embrace of seeing a live band locked in is the stuff of treasured memories; not just for the audience but the players. This is what we want in Utopia.

We'll go with a 3 piece band to relate concepts. 3 piece bands are traditionally drums, bass, guitar. When we look at persona/race they are divided into attacker, operations/sabotage, economy. There is some crossover both in music and Utopia: drums - avian/orc/undead. bass - elf/halfling. guitar - dwarf/faery/human. We can disagree on the category because we each have our own idea where each falls, as it should: These are creative interpretations.

I'll explain each category in my interpretation. The heavy attacker types drive the action. They are responsible for the beat and rhythm: hats, snare, bass drum.
The bass is simple, but it ties the drums and guitar together. Authoritative melody. This corridor is the fulfillment of the music. In Utopia the epic play of these types are key to bringing the rest to full realization.
Finally the guitar. This doesnt go as deep, but the creative edge, adaptive soloing and complexity are found here.

To give a snippet of where we're going, I knew a guitarist who could tune his guitar by the drums. The drums were always in tune so the guitarist would strike a note and as the tuning got close the drums would resonate much like a guitar string on the edge of fundamental. When the resonating stopped he was in tune.
And so it should be with your fellow players. Your actions or failures can be played off by instinct if you know how each other play. By sticking to the rhythm, even if you make mistakes soloing, you can always come home. A good band covers for each other; maybe the bassist cleans up a line or the drummer extends a fill. So it should be with attacks, operations/sabotage and aid.

We'll continue with more later...